• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Adamm

Hey guys!

I missed the last few races starting with the US one. Is there any place that I can watch it ondemand via cable or Internet or do I have to wait for the F1 Year in Review DVD to get a summary? I am in the US.

You can view 3-4 minute highlights of each race on the f1 website - http://www.formula1.com/video/

But I dont think there is any legal way to watch extended highlights of old races, although some one from US might correct me on this.

I'm pretty sure the shuffle caused by Hamilton's switched is what stuffed him. Shame, I'm sure he'll be back eventually though.

He won't be back. There's no place for him in F1, unless someone takes HRT's place. And even then, they'll find drivers with bigger bags of money.

Marry Christmas, Jaime!

Shaneus

It's actually a bit of a shame for Jaime... I enjoyed his commentary in the few races he commented on this year (I can't even remember which channel or under what context though... just that he was surprisingly not shit).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Sauber and Mercedes already passed mandatory FIA crashtests for 2013 chasis. Mercedes will get significant money boost from their DTM programme

Ferrari will use old Toyota windtunnel in Cologne for their 2013 car, meanwhile they will redesign their windtunnel in Maranello.

Mclaren will launch their car on 31st of January

Season in quotes - Very nice..

Some cool quotes:

Hakkinen: F1 is much more exciting now than when I was racing
Vettel: Hamilton is a bit stupid to race the leaders [in Germany]
Hamilton: Vettel’s maturity has come through I guess

Marko: Rivals copy Red Bull or want our innovations banned

Whitmarsh: Raikkonen is one of the fastest men on the planet (probably that's when they made contact regarding 2013)

Barrichello: Williams would have had a really great year with me

Vettel: A lot of races ahead and you see how quickly things can change

Glock: Maybe Pic doesn’t understand the English on the radio

Maldonado: I need to think more

Kubica: Myself and Alonso would’ve been a great pair in Ferrari

Alonso: 37 points is nothing, we have to win more races
Grosjean: I can still learn a lot from Kimi

Ecclestone: Lotus should send Grosjean for eyesight tests

Raikkonen: It makes no difference where you finish if you don’t win

Raikkonen: Leave me alone I know what I’m doing!
Raikkonen: I’m happy, but there’s nothing to jump around about [after Abu Dhabi win]

Shaneus

Webber: Look me in the eye, Romain
Bit of a chicken or the egg situation?
Domenicali: Why does Webber have so many failures on his car? Because the best parts go to the driver getting the better results
4272265_opciwd.gif

Not true anyway is it? I was under the impression they had exactly the same amount of failures this year.

Besides that, in the past it's been attributed to the fact that they can fit more cooling in Vettel's car because he's much smaller.

Kubica: Myself and Alonso would’ve been a great pair in Ferrari

There's no way Alonso is letting someone of similar skill get a drive alongside him. At least not without a cast iron "number 2 driver" contract.

Not true anyway is it? I was under the impression they had exactly the same amount of failures this year.

Besides that, in the past it's been attributed to the fact that they can fit more cooling in Vettel's car because he's much smaller.

There's no way Alonso is letting someone of similar skill get a drive alongside him. At least not without a cast iron "number 2 driver" contract.

Alonso's "yay team!" Mentality only works when he's a clear number 1. Bring someone like vettel/Hamilton into the team and he will quickly regress back to his Mclaren days.

Adamm

so are we still going to have the step noses? or are the low noses coming back?

Step noses can be covered up, but it's only cosmetic and optional. Low noses are mandatory in the 2014 season.

There also didnt seem to be any advantage to having either nose.
At the start of last season there was a big debate whether teams would be at a disadvantage by having a smooth nose - but really it didn't seem to make any difference.

Did anyone else watch the Stirling Moss program just now?

Yes, it was very good. I never knew he got shafted by Ferrari like that.

And Ben Edwards needs to brush his teeth, fucking nasty custard yellow with brown bits. Fucking disgusting.

Jackie Stewart episode tonight followed by Colin McRae.

There also didnt seem to be any advantage to having either nose.
At the start of last season there was a big debate whether teams would be at a disadvantage by having a smooth nose - but really it didn't seem to make any difference.

But we got few good laughs out of it.

Lb9Kx.jpg

Shaneus

Yes, it was very good. I never knew he got shafted by Ferrari like that.

And Ben Edwards needs to brush his teeth, fucking nasty custard yellow with brown bits. Fucking disgusting.

Jackie Stewart episode tonight followed by Colin McRae.
Ooh, that'll be good. I assume they're weekly?

Are they just English racing legends or are they focusing on others? I'd have thought someone like Jack Brabham would be a great one to do a thing on. Get Eric Bana to "host".

Ooh, that'll be good. I assume they're weekly?

Are they just English racing legends or are they focusing on others? I'd have thought someone like Jack Brabham would be a great one to do a thing on. Get Eric Bana to "host".

Just a three part mini series on British racing legends, the Colin McRae episode might not be shown :(

I've read that some sort of legal wrangle stopped it from airing, it was scheduled for last night but the BBC moved the Jackie Stewart episode forward which that fat chef ruined.

Mastah

No mention of Hulk other than showing his collision with Lewis in Brazil. On the other hand portraying di Resta like he was victim of McLaren's decision. Impartial as always.

Also I don't think they have shown Kobayashi's podium at Suzuka, which was one of the best moments for me this year. Strange.

Shaneus

Just a three part mini series on British racing legends, the Colin McRae episode might not be shown :(

I've read that some sort of legal wrangle stopped it from airing, it was scheduled for last night but the BBC moved the Jackie Stewart episode forward which that fat chef ruined.
Ah fuck, really? That's a shame... I haven't really heard of his estate being particularly troublesome, but I've not paid any real attention to it. Hopefully it airs, he definitely deserves one more time in the spotlight.

Do we know who's hosting the other two episodes? I'd assume the Stewart one is known, but I'm curious about who's handling the McRae one.

Ah fuck, really? That's a shame... I haven't really heard of his estate being particularly troublesome, but I've not paid any real attention to it. Hopefully it airs, he definitely deserves one more time in the spotlight.

Do we know who's hosting the other two episodes? I'd assume the Stewart one is known, but I'm curious about who's handling the McRae one.

Sir Patrick Stewart / Sir Stirling Moss - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3CkOlf-aMo

Z list celebrity chef James Martin / Sir Jackie Stewart - http://vimeo.com/56471468

Sir Chris Hoy / Colin McRae

I can't see the Sky F1 channel continuing for the 2014 season, is it true that they've dropped it from the HD pack?

Shaneus

Sadly, neither of which I've ever heard of, let alone want to see on TV. It'd be hard to top Patrick Stewart, though... he could narrate someone going supermarket shopping and make it sound like an epic adventure.

Can't believe he's 72.

DBT85

I can't see the Sky F1 channel continuing for the 2014 season, is it true that they've dropped it from the HD pack?

I've not heard anything to suggest that. If they drop it from the HD pack then the viewing figures will be even worse as only Sports subscribers will be able to watch it.

Tiny bit of news:

Sébastien Buemi is no longer in the running for the vacant Force India seat, according to Swiss newspaper Blick. The 24-year-old's former Toro Rosso team-mate, Jaime Alguersuari, is also believed to have missed out on a drive at the Silverstone-based squad, with Adrian Sutil and Jules Bianchi the two remaining candidates.

Force India and Caterham are the only teams yet to confirm their complete line-ups for the upcoming campaign, with a number of drivers left on the sidelines at the end of 2012. Buemi and Alguersuari were both hopeful over their chances of claiming a place alongside Paul di Resta, but this now appears to be out of the question.

Yes.

And first testing begins in little more than a month from now

I can't believe the off-season break is almost over and we get new cars and testing so soon.

Jibbed

Couldn't find the motorsports thread so thought I'd give here a go.

I've been tempted for a while to make a dedicated karting / kart racing thread.. would this be more appropriate in Community or OT (or kinda pointless?).

Top Bottom