• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Shaneus

Marko has been refreshing in his comments about webber and Alonso in the interview. Good on him.
It's fair to say that about other drivers, but not your own. Keep that shit behind the scenes if need be, but don't cry "equal status" when this sort of shit goes on off-season.

PS.
bqNiK.jpg

Hammer24

Banned
Posted yet?
FER announced to unveil the new car in Maranello early Februar, in time for it to get shipped to Jerez for the first test, beginning Feb 5th.

31/01 - McLaren MP4-28 presentation - UK
01/02 - Force India VJM06 presentation - Silverstone
02/02 - Sauber C32 presentation - Hinwil
02/02 - Scuderia Ferrari F664 presentation - Maranello
03/02 - Red Bull Racing RB9 presentation - Milton Keynes
04/02 - Mercedes AMG F1 W04 track debut (Filming day @ Jerez)

Pimpwerx

Still one more month to see he Merc? Ugh. PEACE.

h3ro

Hype rising!

dubc35

F2013! or F-Alonso

troll Alonso and name it F-elipe

only 3 weeks to go, sweet!

Taki Inoue ‏@takiinoue

Some news from Force India can be expected tomorrow. They should announce now now now!!

Is Krazy K back?

Bianchi or Kobayashi?

The second still open seat is India Force, where the Frenchman Jules Bianchi has long been the favourite to partner Paul di Resta.

Behind the scenes the team have expressed an interest in the Japanese driver Kamui Kobayashi, while Adrian Sutil's chances seem to be dwindling.

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/434430/Petrovin+rahoitus+ratkaisee+Caterhamvalinnan

Adamm

Force India has an interest in Kobayashi now? This may be the first I've heard of it.

It was one of the seats he was linked with when the season ended, but the rumors died down when he 'gave up' looking for a 2013 seat.

I hope they are true, it would be awesome to see him in a force India :D

Leunam

I knew he was linked to them but I thought it was only in the sense that it's an empty seat that anyone could have taken, not that Force India was taking an interest in him.

Good luck to him either way.

Shaneus

Oh, this is could be fucking awesome. Who's this Inoue fella? Could part of his enthusiasm be the fact that he's Japanese?

Still curious to know what the story is with Caterham. If I had to guess, I'd say that they're not dropping both drivers so it'll be Pic with either Petrov or Angry Heikki.

So... predictions next year? The only thing I can think of is that there really aren't any challengers I can think of to Red Bull next year. McLaren might do alright but I think having a relatively inexperienced driver will be detrimental to their 2013, Ferrari are only half working on their 2013 car, Merc are crap... Kimi with Lotus could give them a run for their money, but only as far as the WDC goes because I honestly don't think Fucking Grosjean will have improved in the slightest. If you can't improve DURING a season, why would he get any better in the off-season?

Caterham will still be below average, STR I think will step up, Sauber will be pretty much the same and with the possibility of KK behind the wheel, maybe FI can do a little better than they did this year.

Who am I missing? Marussia I think is the only one left. I reckon they'll leapfrog Caterham.

Shaneus

You should look him up... really. Watch some vids. ;)
Just read his wiki, it mentions that he manages drivers from his home country. I wonder if that includes KK?

Edit: I don't think so, but his Twitter profile picture has a Mercedes logo on it:
73e81c3fa0aacfd558d76cb2b0d95b62.jpeg

I'm liking where this is heading...

And apparently he posted this on his Facebook HIMSELF:
mWWXN.jpg

Suffice to say, I'm now following him on Twitter.

Just noticed this, too... fuck.
ejoti.png

Fuck you FOM!

No Kangaroo TV anymore!!

"As you know we have, for some months, been trying to find the basis of an agreement between FanVision and FOM in order to continue providing the service in F1 in 2013," said a FanVision spokeswoman.

"Unfortunately it is now clear that we are not going to be able to agree terms with FOM and very reluctantly we have to confirm that we won't be in F1 in 2013. It's a big blow for us."

FanVision will continue to provide its services in NASCAR, NFL and golf, and it is unclear yet whether or not FOM has plans for a replacement service in F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105060

Fuck you fuck you fuck you! How am I gonna enjoy going to GPs now? FUCK YOU

What the fuck. Kangaroo TV basically made being at an F1 track the complete experience.

Now I wont have a fucking clue what's going on because the big screens are garbage and you really need some audio commentary to assist you with the pit related stuff. Fuck.

Yeah, you can see I posted it right above you... I really enjoyed it in Melbourne last year! So what's the alternative? Nothing?!?

That sucks big time.. I'm not sure if there will be any alternatives.

What the fuck. Kangaroo TV basically made being at an F1 track the complete experience.

Now I wont have a fucking clue what's going on because the big screens are garbage and you really need some audio commentary to assist you with the pit related stuff. Fuck.

Live timing at least!! I think I'll need to take my ipad and beef it up with a data subscription for each race I go to

Shaneus

Yup. I've only been once, but I couldn't imagine going to it again without it.

Many of the tracks have next to no reception... so I wouldn't bank on that. =/
Pretty fucking much. Well, actually... Melbourne has plenty of reception by virtue of being essentially right in the CBD, but because of the density of people you get full bars but exactly zero data coming through. Hopefully someone pulls their finger out and gets some track-wide wifi thing going. I'd pay decent money for guaranteed bandwidth if I could get a phone app with similar functionality.

Ark

So... predictions next year? The only thing I can think of is that there really aren't any challengers I can think of to Red Bull next year. McLaren might do alright but I think having a relatively inexperienced driver will be detrimental to their 2013, Ferrari are only half working on their 2013 car, Merc are crap... Kimi with Lotus could give them a run for their money, but only as far as the WDC goes because I honestly don't think Fucking Grosjean will have improved in the slightest. If you can't improve DURING a season, why would he get any better in the off-season?

People are underestimating the resources RBR put into winning the title last year, McLaren is very well poised to take the title this year. They had the quickest car last year, and when they finally fixed their pit-issues, they were glorious stops. Hamilton has been beefing up next year's car ever since he jumped ship, I'm tempted to put money on Button/Perez taking the title.

Ferrari are playing the long game, they've got Alonso for another four years, they'll definitely be up there again this year.

I'm still amazed that people keep shooting down Mercedes. They are a very strong team now, hopefully we can expect some surprises from them next year.

Grosjean could totally improve in the off-season, in-fact it's probably much easier to do so. Maldonado did it, why can't Grosjean? There's significantly less pressure in the off-season.

Oh, I want to see big things from William's this year. Maldonado keeps getting better and I'm interested to see if Bottas can live up to the hype.

I agree with you on Marussia leapfrogging Caterham though.

---

Of course you can expect all of those to go the exact opposite way, because I'm cursed, which is why I don't make predictions anymore :p

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware

Interesting quote, I get the feeling Mercedes like the new regualtions because it brings the engines back to the fore-front for first time a many years.

"We are putting the motor back in motorsport, but to what extent we will only know in 2014," he said. "It will definitely have more of an influence."

The new power units will produce the same 750hp figure of the current engines but a larger percentage of that will come from Energy Recovery Systems.

The current KERS currently produces 80hp for 6.7 seconds per lap, while the new ERS will deliver 161 hp for 33.3 seconds per lap.

Cowell said: "Today it is difficult to be quick with KERS - for 2014 it will be impossible to go racing without ERS."
Who ever has the best KERS vs fuel consumption rate can take the 2014 title. Even with Newey god-level aero design, you can't overcome the ultimate speed differences between the manufacturers.

Dave_6

Well the new engine looks good but I really can't wait to hear them. The article stated that they sound great but I hope they end up being fairly loud. The new Indy Car engines sound cool but they aren't very loud.

Ark

Well the new engine looks good but I really can't wait to hear them. The article stated that they sound great but I hope they end up being fairly loud. The new Indy Car engines sound cool but they aren't very loud.

Going from all the reports I've seen, and from James Allen's article, apparently they sound just great. I'm excited to hear the turbo.

Shaneus

It's really fucked, isn't it? Just thank the gods that you weren't stupid enough to buy one outright *just* to use it for F1.

I mean... fuck. There's literally no alternatives, is there?

Top Bottom