• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Zeppu

Edmond Dantès;39997004 said:
The online stuff refers to live text commentary. No live race coverage and the usual highlights programme. The 5Live stuff is radio commentary.

Live text updates on the website, live commentary on radio & highlights on the tv

Gotcha. Bolded was the misleading part. Thanks.

Can someone translate that a bit for me? I can't make out why whoever's saying what.

Webber started 18th at the Chinese GP 2011, it was the last lap, he was 3rd and his engineer was telling him to watch it from Button on the straight as he will use DRS. So Mark was being Mark.

AndyD

aka andydumi
well it does say in and around, kinda like that american track in forza

It may be a similar setup as the South Africa bid. Where one turn or more is inside.
Cape-Town-F1-1-500x327.jpg

acm2000

Viewing figures for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone show Sky with an average of 0.45m watching the coverage between 11.00am and 4.15pm. The BBC had an average of 3.24m with a peak of 4.23m watching the coverage between 12.55pm and 3.30pm on BBC2 and BBC HD. An average of 2.64m watched the buildup to the race on BBC1 from 12.15-12.55.

Last year the BBC had an average of 4.94m with a peak of 6.6m for the British Grand Prix.

oops

and video for the olympic f1 track in london http://www.f1revs.com/2012/07/f1-olympic-park-london-video.html

Leunam

Dibs on Perez, but I'll have to wait to get home to change it.

Funny that Kobayashi has light brown hair. I only remember one picture from last year where his hair was that light.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Perhaps I fail at the internet but can you only buy weekend passes to the USGP? I don't plan on going, just wondering.

http://travel.wwte1.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=tsdt

e* Wow, hotel prices are batshit crazy! I'm glad I'm not going. La Quinta (a terrible hotel everywhere) is $870/night!

Everything but weekend general admission and annual premium seats is sold out.

As to hotels, use the gp website, there are some hotels 30-50 miles away where you can stay cheaper.

AndyD

aka andydumi
American's can't camp?

There's a state park about 30 miles west, some of my friends are going to camp there and drive in. I don't think there is any room even for parking near the track let alone camping, it seems everyone except super premium seats will park in town and be shuttled in, which is included in pass prices.

Anyone know the schedule and hours of the race and various practices? We get in on Friday around noon, and I would like to catch some afternoon practice if possible.

Omiee

Webber started 18th at the Chinese GP 2011, it was the last lap, he was 3rd and his engineer was telling him to watch it from Button on the straight as he will use DRS. So Mark was being Mark.

I'm amazed how many times it happens that someone gets on the podium from the last spot on the grid. Imagine what they could have done if they were on the front row.

I think teams take more risks with their strategy when they are on the back, i think they should do it either way.

Massa

I'm amazed how many times it happens that someone gets on the podium from the last spot on the grid. Imagine what they could have done if they were on the front row.

I think teams take more risks with their strategy when they are on the back, i think they should do it either way.

Barrichello's first win was pretty amazing, he also started from 18th.

Austin's still a long way off.

The first layer of pavement has been laid around the majority of the track, from Turns 1-20 and part of the main straightway. Gantries and pedestrian bridges around the 3.4-mile course are up and guard rails have been installed from Turns 1-15 and from Turns 18-20. More than half of the working portion of the pit lane has been completed and most of the garages are nearly finished. Kitchens are being installed in the interior of the Pit Building and the Main Grandstand continues to move forward.

In coming weeks, the construction team will finalize work along the pit lane and interior of the Pit Building & Main Grandstand. FIA Fences will continue to be installed around the track at a fast pace in preparation for the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX.

YsQLV.jpg

ToSda.jpg

k3Nl7.jpg

lg4Ih.jpg

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/articles/cota-july-construction-update

Leunam

Well good for him. Not sure what he was up to this year. I know Buemi had a race seat but I didn't hear anything about Alguersuari.

NHale

Edmond Dantès;40034592 said:
Perez at Ferrari.

Jaime and Kamui at Sauber.

Massa... HRT or Caterham I suppose.

I have a feeling that Massa will still be Ferrari's driver next year. Alguersuari is probably going to Caterham because Heikki is already speaking like he will sign elsewhere (in fact, it seems like he already signed. The question is where (Williams?)

I have a feeling that Massa will still be Ferrari's driver next year. Alguersuari is probably going to Caterham because Heikki is already speaking like he will sign elsewhere. The question is where.

Heikki wants a top team. Red Bull and Ferrari are out of the question, imo. That leaves McLaren (neither Lewis nor Jenson are 100% confirmed, iirc and Jenson already spoke about a Ferrari option in 2013), Lotus and ... Williams? Not sure if I'd consider Williams as a top team, but they've been better than expected and could be higher up with better drivers.

Shaneus

Damn, I would've liked to see Heikki stay at Caterham :( Hopefully they can get someone to fill his shoes who's in the league of himself and Petrov (ie. second-tier drivers looking to bring the team forward) rather than someone on the way down (ie. Trulli). Honestly, even if they could get someone like Barrichello there I'd be happy.

Imagine that.

Barrichello back. I'd love it, honestly.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Damn, I would've liked to see Heikki stay at Caterham :( Hopefully they can get someone to fill his shoes who's in the league of himself and Petrov (ie. second-tier drivers looking to bring the team forward) rather than someone on the way down (ie. Trulli). Honestly, even if they could get someone like Barrichello there I'd be happy.

Imagine that.

Barrichello back. I'd love it, honestly.
For sentimental reasons I'd like to see him back, but I think the sun has set on his F1 career.

Omiee

lol massa at caterham or hrt would be such a bad move for him.

i do believe jaime should get a seat at STR or Sauber.

Perez would be awesome in a ferrari, i dont think alonso will like that.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
lol massa at caterham or hrt would be such a bad move for him.

i do believe jaime should get a seat at STR or Sauber.

Perez would be awesome in a ferrari, i dont think alonso will like that.
Alonso has matured and I don't think he'd mind a more competitive teammate who could push him to another level.

Omiee

Those lotus vents are much wider, maybe because of the heat issues with renault engines.

The vettel infiniti ad is pretty good.

ANDY_098

Is this allowed? Aren't they considered 'holes'?

It's a fairly common solution to introduce extra cooling. The engine cover has been removed in the pic so they look like holes, but all you are seeing is the inlet. The engine cover would have the rest of the ducting attached to it channeling the air down to a radiator somewhere.

MrPonx

It's a fairly common solution to introduce extra cooling. The engine cover has been removed in the pic so they look like holes, but all you are seeing is the inlet. The engine cover would have the rest of the ducting attached to it channeling the air down to a radiator somewhere.

I thought the two pieces will be sticking out

thanks for the clarification

Yoritomo

Got My hotel rooms the instant we could book for that date. Staying at Candlewood suites in round rock for 120 a night. And I pre-paid so they can't up the daily rate during admission.

Need to make some reservations to the better barbecue joints around austin, no doubt teams will be wanting to sample some Texas brisket.

Top Bottom