• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
391488_350680791674436_466250906_n.jpg

Codemasters put Maria de Villota on the box of their new F1 Race Stars game. A nice gesture, I think.

That kind of irks me to be honest, if a male test driver had that accident they wouldn't be in the game. In fact I bet there are no male test drivers in the game, not a big fan of positive discrimination in most cases but this seems actually feels a bit cynical to me.

mclem

Codemasters put Maria de Villota on the box of their new F1 Race Stars game. A nice gesture, I think.

My first impression was thinking that they took a snap decision to add her to the game, but on further musing, she may have always been present there; F1's a very male-heavy sport and I suspect a family-friendly game would want some representation from the other gender.

Edit: That also goes to the poster above; for what it is, the game really needs female characters.

Adamm

What drivers can you choose from in the game? If its just current drivers then putting de villota in just seems strange.

If there's going to be about 50 drivers to choose from then its a nice gesture.

Shaneus

1. Where the fuck is Webber in that game?
2. That is the ugliest wing I've ever seen in F1.

Edit: Oh wait. We see his car and helmet on the front ^_^ They're probably still working on modelling his face, hence the release date toward the end of this year.

Adamm

Is that actually Maria De volitta on the cover?
It doesn't look anything like her & why isn't she wearing marussia race gear?

Ark

That kind of irks me to be honest, if a male test driver had that accident they wouldn't be in the game. In fact I bet there are no male test drivers in the game, not a big fan of positive discrimination in most cases but this seems actually feels a bit cynical to me.

I have to agree, it seems pointless.

Is that actually Maria De volitta on the cover?
It doesn't look anything like her & why isn't she wearing marussia race gear?

Petrov doesn't look like Petrov either. Neither does Kobayashi. I'd wait for a reply from Helios, Codermasters' Community Manager, in the Race Stars thread.

Has there been any update on Kubica? I doubt Grosjean is going anywhere soon, but the talk got me thinking about a replacement and Kubica came to mind. I'd love to see him back in F1, hopefully his recovery is going well.

How so? He's not a driver I support, so I obviously don't want him to win.
There's a huge difference between wanting your guys to win and wanting him down in 12th. For most people it would be enough that the driver(s) you support are doing well. That said, maybe you support 11 other drivers so it all works out. :D

Orgun

There's a huge difference between wanting your guys to win and wanting him down in 12th. For most people it would be enough that the driver(s) you support are doing well. That said, maybe you support 11 other drivers so it all works out. :D

I just want him as far away from points as possible :)

I do support most of the grid now that I think about it. I think it's just Vettel, Maldonado, Kimi and HRT that I don't.

Anything interesting going on in FP2? I can't seem to find a working stream.

Edit - No matter, I only just realised I can watch it on Virgin this weekend.

S. L.

I just want him as far away from points as possible :)

I do support most of the grid now that I think about it. I think it's just Vettel, Maldonado, Kimi and HRT that I don't.

well, that is a very negative viewpoint

Edmond Dantès;40068409 said:
One thing the UK shares with the Germans.
come on, German weather is nowhere near as miserable

NHale

Sorry to talk about f1 race stars again, but they tweeted saying it wasn't maria De villota on the cover

At least it shows someone at Codemasters still has a brain.

Since that character doesn't have any branding on the overalls, I'm betting it's to show that they have a character creator and you could play as a girl and that way show it's a game for the whole family. It's a real smart decision from them, since F1 is so associated with male drivers.

Dilly

Banned
Has there been any update on Kubica? I doubt Grosjean is going anywhere soon, but the talk got me thinking about a replacement and Kubica came to mind. I'd love to see him back in F1, hopefully his recovery is going well.

It took me 2 years to realise it, but here it is.

Kubica will never be in an F1 car again for competitive reasons.

He's third in the WDC. I don't want him to win again. Simples.

Aye

NHale

It took me 2 years to realise it, but here it is.

Kubica will never be in an F1 car again for competitive reasons.

Yes. Unfortunately he's still trying to recover the full mobility of his arms according to the last report. He was supposed to try a F1 car last October and that date went by and we are already in July. It's not going to happen.

It's such a shame because he would have been the perfect driver for Ferrari since he was Alonso's best "friend" on the paddock and he showed enough to believe he had everything to become a World Champion.

Omiee

I seriously do not know how people get their selves banned. Just read the TOS and behave. GAF will let you state your opinion no matter how unpopular it is, as long as you keep it between the TOS.

Top Bottom