• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

chrislowe

Must give respect to Alonso!.
I loved him when he was driving for Minardi, and later when he was driving for Renault!.

But when he was cheating at Mclaren, I really didnt like him at all.. but i think all is forgiven now.

Alonso and Räikkönen in the same team would be awesome :)

MrPonx

Kimi broke his duck with the German GP? not the best way to celebrate a podium by not being in it, but its his first nevertheless

Great race.

Kinda unfair that a guy that shouldn't have been on the podium gets to celebrate and shower hot babes with champagne and Kimi doesn't get to celebrate anything.

kiyomi

Found a stream today, not a bad race but not one of the better ones either.

Pretty happy for Koba though it sounds like he feels they could've done better if they had qualified higher.

I think this is my first F1 GAF thread post, hello all, fan since '06, etc.

Kimi on the result:

"It's nice to have another podium, but obviously we would rather get it on the track," said Raikkonen. "Having said that I think we did the best we could today from the position we started. Maybe if we had found a bit more pace in the wet yesterday we could have started higher, avoided the traffic and pushed the leaders, but it is what it is.

"We were hoping for a bit better, but the car worked well all through the race and we still brought home some good points for the team so there are some positives to take to the next race."

The result allowed Raikkonen to move into fourth place in the championship with 98 points.

The Finn - returning to F1 following a two-year absence - admitted he had mixed feelings about his position, feeling he could have scored better results in some of this year's races.

"If you had told me in January that we would be fourth halfway through the season, I think I would have been pretty pleased. It's not a bad place to be, but I think we have a car good enough to have scored more points.

"I want to win and the whole team is pushing hard to make it happen, so let's see what we can do in the second half of the season..."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101444

Pepto

Banned
From BBC:

_61737840_mmvettelbuttonpassv1.jpg

The Red Bull driver attempted a pass around the outside of the Turn 6 hairpin, but Button defended his position while giving Vettel space.

Megasoum

Banned
I just finished the race... please tell me somebody got a gif of the dude wandering through the line of flag girls right before the start hahahaha.

Gor@n

Neo Member
Was a meh race for me. Wanted Button to win actually so Alonso's lead doesn't get too great. Disappointing race from Webs, that gearbox penalty hurt him more than i thought. Would've thought RB would've told Vettel to give the place back, better to drop to third than fifth.

QbySp.jpg

wn0Ys.jpg

Hells yeah; working on catching up to that top 50. :) I actually threw some points away this week (switched from Koba to Perez and could have gone with Sauber engine instead of Force India) but I'm content.

In case you're wondering why I'm so far down ... I forgot to register before the Australia race. :x

mblitek

Just finished the race and about to have dinner so I'll catch up on the thread tonight but...Kobayashi in 4th & Perez 6th! Pretty good! Too bad Schumacher couldn't do better and Webber was no where to be seen sadly.

As for F1RM, damn Felipe gave Lewis a puncture and ruined my upgrade to McLaren as a team! Agh, oh well.

kharma45

YES! Powered up the leaderboard again, made up 13 places to sit pretty in 14th :D

As far as I can see I did the best out of everyone this weekend with 950 points, very pleased :D

Shaneus

How the fuck did I drop two spots? I had RBR and Sauber for my engine/chassis! Drivers weren't much chop (PDLR and Heikki) but still... fuck. Should've been worth more than that.

At least with those two teams, I think I can safely start focusing solely on drivers now. Been pretty much stagnant in that area since the start of the year (only real good result I ever had from it was when Prupose won and I fluked having him in my ranks. Had Schumi, but dropped him).

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Fernando now:

Michael Schumacher 91
Alain Prost 51
Ayrton Senna 41
Nigel Mansell 31
Fernando Alonso 30

By the end of his career:

Michael Schumacher 91
Alain Prost 51
Fernando Alonso ??
Ayrton Senna 41
Nigel Mansell 31

A racing driver should make that move 10/10 times. The FIA can always bring back gravel traps to avoid it.

What was Hamilton doing interfering with the race being well out of contention?

Chris R

So I'm watching today's Indycar race and kinda like how they have setup their "KERS" like system (It is called "Push to pass"... not the best name but whatever). Each driver started the race with 120 seconds of boost, available for them to use at any given time. Most drivers were using it on the straights to pass, but some were also using it defensively at different points on the track.

I think something like that could work well in F1. Instead of giving the driver just 6.67 seconds per lap, give them a pool they could use as they want, either burning through it early in the race or saving the power for later in the race after the fuel has burned off. I don't know, just something different to think about maybe...

Leunam

(It is called "Push to pass"... not the best name but whatever)

Not a great name, no, but I've also heard KERS referred to by this name in a few radio transmissions.

He was trying to unlap himself. And he was doing a good job supporting his teammate who was having a great race. Personally, I can't fault him for that.

Shaneus

Nando has a serious case of Benjamin Button syndrome. Every photo he's in, he looks younger.

A racing driver should make that move 10/10 times. The FIA can always bring back gravel traps to avoid it.
10/10 times? Good one. If it was made for overtaking it would be made of asphalt.

Had every right to. Wasn't given a flag, so he was allowed to race. And even if a flag was given, it would've been inappropriate anyway:
During a race, a light blue flag waved on the track warns the driver that they are about to be lapped by a faster car and must let it pass. A driver may incur penalties if they ignore three successive blue flags.

So guys. Do we have the Beeb this weekend? Because I'd hate to go into our break (ARRGGHHHH) with that bad taste of Sky in my mouth.

IISANDERII

Edmond Dantès;40151879 said:
Fernando now:

Michael Schumacher 91
Alain Prost 51
Ayrton Senna 41
Nigel Mansell 31
Fernando Alonso 30

By the end of his career:

Michael Schumacher 91
Alain Prost 51
Fernando Alonso ??
Ayrton Senna 41
Nigel Mansell 31
Who knows but Alonso is turning 31yrs old next week. I think Schumacher also won his 3rd world championship and 1st with Ferrari at 31.

duckroll

Yup, they gave a 20 second penalty as expected. Nothing controversial or surprising about it. Anyone familiar with the rules knew exactly what was going to happen! Dumb move on Vettel's part because it actually cost him valuable points. :p

Top Bottom