• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

It just show that the RBR is a glass-car.

Vettel doesn't get the same message about driving slower because they think Vettel would drive against the next wall but the RBR has a shitty reliability.
See all the problems Vettel had in Hungary while driving against Kimi or that Vettel (most DNFs while leading the race) and Webber do have the the most technical problems than any other drivers in the field.

Juicy Bob

Vettel has been a bit of a knob on occassion, but the vast majority of the time he's a very good ambassador for the sport.

I'm just sick to death of his domination of F1. It's boring. But I'd never boo him or wish ill on him in the car.

I didn't watch the rest of the F1 event (thank you, Dilly), but judging from some earlier comments and qualifying, I'm assuming that Massa gave Alonso a good race, now that he doesn't have to drive for him anymore, right?

Addnan

I didn't watch the rest of the F1 event (thank you, Dilly), but judging from some earlier comments and qualifying, I'm assuming that Massa gave Alonso a good race, now that he doesn't have to drive for him anymore, right?

As if he even had a chance lol. Alonso jumped to third off the line.

It's on the footage so feel free to watch the whole thing back before you post again. Might give us a break from your tears.

It was a very clear radio conversation between nico and his engineer. I have no idea what he's arguing...

I'm also not finding any posts even from Oimee claiming vettel is 2seconds a lap faster than the field on just talent alone.

Talk about an awesome imagination.

It was a very clear radio conversation between nico and his engineer. I have no idea what he's arguing...

I'm also not finding any posts even from Oimee claiming vettel is 2seconds a lap faster than the field on just talent alone.

Talk about an awesome imagination.

I love how he likes to uses Massa to show how much Alonso outdrives the Ferrari - although it's completly nonsense to think a driver can drive faster than his car could deliever.

something something selective perception.

Addnan

What's up with stewards telling cars to give position back today and then few races ago they give Grosjean a penalty for overtaking Massa instead of telling him to let him back through.

Race today would've boring with or without Vettel out at the front. Basically nothing happened from lap 2 to lap 55.

I quite enjoyed the 3-10 place battles today and was happy to see the world feed focus on it.

I guess I'm different in the sense that I enjoy seeing a perfect combo of team, athlete and equipment perform at their optimum.

Watching the Jordan, Schumacher, Rossi, cowboys eras and now Vettel has been good fun for me.

I quite enjoyed the 3-10 place battles today and was happy to see the world feed focus on it.

I guess I'm different in the sense that I enjoy seeing a perfect combo of team, athlete and equipment perform at their optimum.

Watching the Jordan, Schumacher, Rossi, cowboys eras and now Vettel has been good fun for me.

Well, if you think how Senna won the biggest part of his wins and it was never really a problem. I guess more and more people are watching for the drivers than for the engineering/teamsport aspects today.

bandera-476x310x80.jpg

Omiee

So how about that vettel win =D

No way its all car or webber would have been right on the tail of vettel

Was unable to post because im on holiday but def made time to watch this.

Man i love the guy what a dominant performance.

dalin80

Banned
Wow, the officials are really trying their best to kill off as much interest as possible this year. If I was Webber at this point I would be tempted just to tell the stewards to go forth and multiply.

Dilly

Banned
Webber really must be looking forward to that last race.

Honestly, body language and all I wonder why he even bothered this year. He already looked fed up last year.

Juicy Bob

Tweets from Journos suggesting this penalty isn't as ridiculous as it sounds:

@adamcooperF1 said:
CCTV footage of WEB being picked up by ALO shown in media centre, have to say that the FIA has a very good case...

Bit of an ambitious move by WEB to run onto track - he nearly got hit by other cars and so did the Ferrari while it was stopped...

We've seen drivers stop and pick up their pals over the decades but I've never seen something quite as crazy as that...

@NobleF1 said:
FIA has just played video of the Webber/Alonso taxi incident. Webber hails Ferrari, who stops at Turn 7. Mercs have to go either side

@eddstrawF1 said:
Credit to the FIA: made the effort to show the CCTV of what Webber and Alonso did, showing the reprimands were justified

Chris R

FIA should force red bull to swap VET and WEB hardware. That would make the race interesting at the front. At least the racing from 4 to 10 was good.

Ce-Lin

Just the cheeky comments from Alonso haters, deep inside they know Massa is no match for him with or without team orders, also Ferrari is not the 2nd best car but Alonso is always there, shame about the RBR racing on another league, bring 2014 on already !

Juicy Bob

Yep, but I think that reprimand should be for both, not only Webber but also for Alonso for stopping on the blind side of corner - he could easily stopped 20 meters later and picked up Webber up
Alonso did get the reprimand. Webber's was apparently for him going onto the track when the marshals were telling him not to.

Shame about the reprimand, spoils a good moment. That said, I can understand it.

As for the race, I found much of it fairly boring outside of the last 10 laps and a handful of others. Seems that since they've all got a handle on the tyres the gaps remain fairly static unless the strategies get mixed up.

Well, if you think how Senna won the biggest part of his wins and it was never really a problem. I guess more and more people are watching for the drivers than for the engineering/teamsport aspects today.

In the preshow, the US F1 crew showed the dominance of the 1988-1989 McLaren but that is quickly forgotten.

Then there's the issue of Senna always publicly asking to move to the team with the fastest car anytime he felt that he wasn't in the fastest car on the grid.

Staab

wow. at the moment he went 100, im sure i would totally shit my pants lol

Yeah feels like they're driving at 20... but haha, even on the in lap he's at 120+.
If you think about it, massively dangerous for Webber :/
Can't say the reprimand is unfair...

Haha, I was wondering how fast Alonso was going with Webber hanging on. I'd be a little nervous going 100 kph while straddling the side of an F1 car. Going 60 through the corners is pretty dicey too.

cmr-94

Just watched the race. Actually feel really sorry for Vettel. He doesnt deserve the booing . not his fault hes a great driver and in a great team.

However, cant wait for 2014 now!!

Webber pissed. he totally cant be arsed for the rest of the season.

Top Bottom