• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Lach

It's still incredible how everyone thought Hamilton was nuts for leaving McLaren for Mercedes, now look at the teams.

Hamilton's luck is incredible (he has the skills to go with that luck too!).

Mercedes had the perfect long term plan lined up. Nikki was able to get this across to Lewis.

Decent questions by arnie. Better than usual!

Pimpwerx

Fernando is gonna need to be hospitalized again after this. His car can't get points, even though everyone fell off the road. They're giving out championship points like Nino Brown, but no love for the Macs.

Meanwhile, Vettel gets the Ferrari to the podium as the best of the rest. Good long run pace from that car.

Nasr was the hero of the day for me. Great job in that Sauber. I hope it can continue the rest of the season.

Oh yeah. Excellent win for my boy, The Hammer. That looked easy. He loves this car. Good on Nico to keep him honest the whole way.

I hope to see him on the top step in person next race. I hope there is a full field of 20 in Sepang. PEACE.

untitled-17juurc.gif

Jibbed

So when do I wake up?

This is a dream right. 15 cars made the start, Maldonado crashed, Button finished the race, and Arnie said I'LL BE BACK on the podium.

Staab

The Lewis hair, the shades, the Arnie handshake, the I'll be back, goddamn, lol

Podium was the best part of the race weekend

duckroll

Arnold was cheesy as fuck, but that was still the most entertaining thing about this entire season opener. That sure says a lot. :p

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Cars not finishing is not a big thing imo. In 2008 only 7 cars actually crossed the finish line.

The disgusting thing is the gap to Mercedes.

Well, they are lightyear ahead, they had even extended the gap - they can cruise half the race in conservation mode and they will still be a half a second per lap faster than Williams and Ferrari. Only rule change could harm them, or tyre compound change

Williams and Ferrari will scrap for third place, but both have either incompetent pit crew or pit wall staff. Fit Bottas could spiced this race today. Sauber nice surprise, but they had profited on DNFs

God, what happened? The hell did I just watch? Mercedes is the only team that looks like a professional racing squad. Hamilton just trolling Rosberg now. The Renault engines are somehow all broken. Again. All the pitwork sucks. Even the few clean stops are over a half second slower. They made the tyres more durable this year for whatever damn reason so we'll be 1-stopping the entire season.

We have the youngest field ever at the cost of losing some perfectly good drivers because they had no money. Again. Well, worse this year than others. At least ex-F1 drivers are in high demand in the rest of motorsport currently. Oh right, and 16 cars started and only 11 finished. Oops. lolHonda.

After screwing Alonso for 5 seasons I love how Ferrari have managed to screw him even after he left the team by finally building a respectable car. Even worse, he's been replaced by an insufferable fanboy. Perhaps he'll suddenly start having "memory problems" when he wakes up tomorrow that'll keep him out another race or two. If he's lucky he'll fall into a coma through November.

Aaaahnold on the podium is both the best and worst thing of the weekend but at least it's so ridiculous that it brings closure with everything else.

Yagami_Sama

Poor Button.

I hope that somehow Honda manage to improve during the season, will be horrible to watch MCLaren, out of a race because of the 107% rule.

Mohonky

It's still incredible how everyone thought Hamilton was nuts for leaving McLaren for Mercedes, now look at the teams.

Hamilton's luck is incredible (he has the skills to go with that luck too!).

Alonso is the unluckiest bro on the planet right now tho.

Nah I think the car went downhill when twitmarsh threw everything behind Button. Button can't drive anything that isnt neutral, and the car has been a piece of shit.

Hamilton bailed to get a seat at Mercedes. I dont doubt Lauda approched him and said something along the lines of "look, the car might not be the best right now or even next year but I know what Mercedes are working on for 2014, the Merc will be the car to beat so you should consider locking down a seat now"

He had pretty much written off 2013 for a WDC and hedged his bet on 2014 onward. Paid off.

Meanwhile, Mclaren have consistently gone backward. I feel sorry for Alonso.

Ruruja

Admittedly a foregone conclusion this season, but Hamilton has kept up his record of getting a win in every season he's raced.

Jibbed

You could also argue Vettel is hardly lucky to find himself in a quick Ferrari either.

The team made all the right moves towards the end of the year, and James Allison finally got a proper independent crack at the car's design. It was bound to be a considerable improvement on 2014, even Alonso would've known that.

Nah I think the car went downhill when twitmarsh threw everything behind Button. Button can't drive anything that isnt neutral, and the car has been a piece of shit.

Hamilton bailed to get a seat at Mercedes. I dont doubt Lauda approched him and said something along the lines of "look, the car might not be the best right now or even next year but I know what Mercedes are working on for 2014, the Merc will be the car to beat so you should consider locking down a seat now"

He had pretty much written off 2013 for a WDC and hedged his bet on 2014 onward. Paid off.

Meanwhile, Mclaren have consistently gone backward. I feel sorry for Alonso.
I will admit to being disappointed with Hamilton's Mercedes move when I first heard about it, then the rest of 2012 happened. After that I was like, "you know what fuck it, I'll support the move" and I'm happy I did, because Lewis would be on suicide watch if he had to drive that crimson and chrome shit box around the track.

Staab

Btw, dumb question but is it 4 engines per DRIVER per year or is that per "CAR" ?
i.e. if the engine Magnussen had blew up and can't be salvaged, is Alonso already down one ?

Top Bottom