• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Bricki is Electric Sliding down the charts at the same trajectory, just without the big first week sales.

Not exactly, like I said their sales are about the same now but
21. PK:RR
77. MDNA
and of course ww Madonna will sell more

Madge's US leg of the tour possibly overlaps with another big single push, and her tours are always big.
Her tour wont help her sales, no one is going to see her with the intention of hearing MDNA live. Her next single will flop as well while Nicki's Whip It or Pound The Alarm will remain comfortably in the top 40

So 'Starships' was her only single? So what did she release the other 3 videos for and perform the other songs on awards shows for?

Its call promo gravekeeperlookitup.gif

Maybe they recognized keeping her budget on a leash was a good thing because that video......

let me finish that sentence for you, because that video was visually more impressive than anything the Hag has ever done. Doesn't matter what the budget of your video is if no one sees it, something Nicki doesn't have to worry about.

ibd2yIU6u8fjBb.gif

#glassheart2012worlddomination begins in June, when AMBASSADOR Leona headlines a bunch of events for the London Olympics.

Slayona's flawless GH era will slay the lessors and singlehandedly redeem this year's dreadful pop landscape, unleashing a wave of hits so immense, so relentless, that it will make Spirit-era look hopelessly feeble in comparison.

QUEEN

iirV7HyevmAzl.gif

I love Leona!!! Even made a flop thread about her 4 years ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261224&highlight=

I should really stop making pop threads.
iy99ZIze3zzs9.gif

Haha, I was just checking the OP and realised that there is other more specific threads for specific pop artists, but they're all dead. :/

I've always liked Leona, but I got her discography a few months ago and since them I'm a fan and I adore her.

Love Letter >>>>
iP8OsUCoNaJvB.gif

<3333 and Can't Breathe>>>>>
in3NSTEl25f1G.gif

let me finish that sentence for you, because that video was visually more impressive than anything the Hag has ever done. Doesn't matter what the budget of your video is if no one sees it, something Nicki doesn't have to worry about.

http://i.minus.com/ibd2yIU6u8fjBb.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I... Can .... NOT!!!

botty

Banned
Not to shade Leona, but there is truly only one goddess who can save us from a year of so many sins.

gg1Q0.png

All of your faves must repent, or else they will be destroyed by the impending Mariahpocalypse.

tumblr_m4aetweLLB1qh4p8eo1_250.gif

ALL. WILL. BE. JUDGED.

Trigger

I hope Leona's new stuff is good. I do love her voice (and she's fucking gorgeous).

Everybody told Usher he was dumb for wifing the girl, but noooooo, he had to be dumb. I mean, I ain't sayin she a golddigger, but yeah. He got what he deserved. Some old dry dusty chick comin for your money.

Sad shit, man. He should've stuck with Chilli.

Mumei

Not to shade Leona, but there is truly only one goddess who can save us from a year of so many sins.

gg1Q0.png

All of your faves must repent, or else they will be destroyed by the impending Mariahpocalypse.

ALL. WILL. BE. JUDGED.

Your stanning warms my heart. <3

Kyon

Banned

gg1Q0.png

ALL. WILL. BE. JUDGED.

I see no lies tho. ANYONE?

Bladenic

Late, but I just saw Kelly's Billboard awards performance and it completely slayed me. My Queen destroyed it, future top 10 single and deserving of #1 tbh. Anyone know who won that Performance of the Night or whatever? Since it's fan voted I'm sure Bieber probably won but i would love it if Kelly got her deserved win. Carrie also killed it. The only 2 stars AI ever produced tbh.

Kyon

Banned
In terms of performance/entertainment/dancing Bruises. in terms of actual SINGING and just BEING FLAWLESS ALL AROUND It's either Carrie or Kelly, I say Carrie tho

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It is the anniversary of the Album of the Decade, Born This Way

I still remember when I woke up that day and bought it for 99 cents
tumblr_m4fjk2pWyS1qejgz3o1_500.gif

Styles

It is the anniversary of the Album of the Decade, Born This Way

I still remember when I woke up that day and bought it for 99 cents
tumblr_m4fjk2pWyS1qejgz3o1_500.gif

I can listen to the album the whole way through without skipping a track.

MtN and TEoG are my highlights, while SHIT follows right behind them.

iz0HuOr8KUffF.gif

Delio

You know what im fucking tired of the 1D shade. LEMME TELL YOU BITCES SOMETHGN. THEY AINT BOTHERED BYYOUR SHADE. THEY ARE PERFECTION AND THEY WONT GO DOWN.

FIRST OF ALL THEIR RABID GURLS WILL DEFENMD THEM TO THE END LIKE YOU USED TO WITH YOUR ODL BUSTED BOYBANDS.

HANG ONTOTHAT PAST AS THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN STAY GOOD. YOU WANNA COME FOR THEM? DO IT THEN AND THEN GO BACK TO YOUR BUSTED GRANDMA ......

tumblr_m4gnszfKes1qds6q3.gif

tumblr_m4gntjSYTh1qds6q3.gif

You know what im fucking tired of the 1D shade. LEMME TELL YOU BITCES SOMETHGN. THEY AINT BOTHERED BYYOUR SHADE. THEY ARE PERFECTION AND THEY WONT GO DOWN.

FIRST OF ALL THEIR RABID GURLS WILL DEFENMD THEM TO THE END LIKE YOU USED TO WITH YOUR ODL BUSTED BOYBANDS.

HANG ONTOTHAT PAST AS THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN STAY GOOD. YOU WANNA COME FOR THEM? DO IT THEN AND THEN GO BACK TO YOUR BUSTED GRANDMA ......
ibMhrAWugDl7Y.gif

tumblr_m4gnszfKes1qds6q3.gif

tumblr_m4gntjSYTh1qds6q3.gif

ikePpFoFag5kk.jpg

Delio

Madonna is better than One Direction.

She wushes she were. JUSTM LOOK AT GHHR CHARTS AND SEE THE RECIEPTS. I DONT EVEN NEED TO PIONT OUT MY BOYS ARE SELLING OUT EVEY TOUR AND EVEN NEXT YEARS TOUR!

tumblr_m4gayrAxYP1r9b0nt.gif

The Cheetah Girls are better than No Erection.

SHAME THAT GOT ONE DOSNG AND FLOPPED SO HARD THEY COULDNT EVEN BOUNCE BACK TO DISNEY. RAVEN WAS QWUICK TO DROP THAT FLOP THGAT PROUD LESBIAN!

royalan

Not to defend the elderly, but lets not talk about success. Bricki is still struggling to go Gold and worldwide her sales are about HALF Madonnas, both total and weekly. Baby and Wayne are still giving her small Youtube Video budgets and she is struggling with her identity.

MDNA was the superior album in success and listenability.

..............................................there are no lies here......

Koodo

Banned
This tea has not been spilled:

Billboard said:
The Adele train just keeps a-rollin' this week as her "21" album moves back up the Billboard 200 (up two spots to No. 2) with a 31% gain (101,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan).

The mega-successful "21" also surpasses 9 million in U.S. sales too, becoming only the 29th album in the SoundScan era (1991-present) to cross the 9 million mark.

An album last reached 9 million a year ago this week (May 15, 2011) when Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band's 1994 set "Greatest Hits" tip-toed past the threshold.

"21" is also spending its 64th consecutive week in the chart's top 10, tying Paula Abdul's "Forever Your Girl" for the second longest top 10 run among albums by women. Leading the female pack is Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill," with 72 top 10 weeks. (Among all albums, the soundtrack to "The Sound of Music" has the most weeks in the top 10, with 109.)

Certainly, "21" is performing well beyond even the most optimistic expectations. Last September, after her performance at the MTV Video Music Awards, Adele's label, Columbia, projected that "21" would sell 4.5 million by the end of 2011 and 5 million-6 million by March 2012. By the time each benchmark rolled around, the album was about 1.5 million-2 million ahead of those forecasts.

As if you need reminding: "21" is clearly in a class all its own. "21" certainly seems poised to reach 10 million in the coming months, even without the singer herself doing much major promotion. She'll soon be seen in a one-hour NBC primetime special dubbed "Adele Live in London," which will air June 3.
More

The album is about to cross 22 million copies sold worldwide. Not content with shitting on your faves with just the album, ADELE has also been ruining careers with her concert DVD:

Yahoo! said:
Adele's Live At The Royal Albert Hall returns to #1 on Top Music Videos after being dislodged last week by the Martin Scorsese documentary, George Harrison: Living in the Material World. This is the 23rd week on top for Adele's DVD, which sets a new record for a video by a female artist. Whitney Houston's The #1 Video Hits had 22 weeks on top in 1986. Adele's DVD sold 16K copies this week, which brings its total to 853K.
Source

Your faves:

26o52.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom