• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Why you hating on Rih when she blesses us with a steady stream of amazing pop every year?

tumblr_lstmirPH1W1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Our generation's ultimate hitmaker. We're not worthy.

Kyon

Banned
Wait, people can't have multiple faves?

When was this rule introduced and who is going to enforce it?

You can have multiple faves, you will always favor your first over all the others though lol plus those crazy delusional stans who only stan for one will call everyone who has multiple a fake fan or band wagoner not here for that. Not gonna only listen to one person, get that outta here

Mau ®

You can have multiple faves, you will always favor your first over all the others though lol plus those crazy delusional stans who only stan for one will call everyone who has multiple a fake fan or band wagoner not here for that. Not gonna only listen to one person, get that outta here

Sis, could you imagine only listening to Born This Way?
okIAQ.gif

I guess I can now understand poor Marius.

Mumei

I will. As soon as Rihanna decides to take a break.

lol

It's a deal!

... That will never come to pass

Why you hating on Rih when she blesses us with a steady stream of amazing pop every year?

Our generation's ultimate hitmaker. We're not worthy.

I think her voice, at its most essential (ignoring training and ability and all that stuff), is ugly. It just happens to be exacerbated by her lack of training and ability.

She has occasionally made some songs that I liked or that seemed to work with her voice and that I might listen to on the radio, but in general it's just nails on chalkboard to me.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I will say I have been listening to Man Down the pass 2 days
partially due to this thread

if she would do more songs like that she could get some points

Heh.

Though I don't really listen to or particularly enjoy either of their musical output, I kinda prefer Rihanna's voice to Britney's.

Honestly.

Mau ®

Rated R was the album that made me a stan.

I didnt like Rihanna before. I liked GGGB but that was it. After Rated R, there was no turning back for me. I was stanning.

I was just looking at it for a while not getting it, then I looked down and saw "Artist: Adele Buy Someone like you..." and became confused. Then I looked back up right when it happened and I just lost it

lmao
i did the same exact thing

xnkjhxnklhgdxjhgbskjnhskm

Heh.

Though I don't really listen to or particularly enjoy either of their musical output, I kinda prefer Rihanna's voice to Britney's.

Honestly.

that ironic stanning has affected you psychologically. seek help immediately.

Mumei

I dunno, I listened to quite a bit of Rih doing research for... that, and I honestly prefer her voice to Brit's. At least the Brit I've heard. If she has any a cappella stunners, I'm unaware of them.

They're probably equally bad as far as technical stuff goes; the only real difference for me is that Britney's timbre doesn't make me break out in hives the same way, and that's completely subjective.

Kyon

Banned
I will agree, Britneys is just very autotuned

and I also dont understand why people say Rated R is her best album
okIAQ.gif

Loud >>

A few songs on FF doesnt equal her discography, she mostly never used vocal enhancers till this era and Blackout

Koodo

Banned
Rated R was the album that made me a stan.

I didnt like Rihanna before. I liked GGGB but that was it. After Rated R, there was no turning back for me. I was stanning.
Rated R is a timeless classic that ushered in the RIHNAISSANCE.

As I listen to this aural milestone in human history, I feel every pain and every punch. The lyrics cut into me like a Cutco knife. Most people focus on Rihallah's iconic moves and technically proficient vocals, but I believe HER GLORY manifests itself most clearly through the powerful lyrics.

Said I'm terrified, but I'm not leaving... I know I must pass this test, so just pull the trigger...

DyUQT.gif

HER RIHTEOUSNESS suffered for our SINS! How can someone give so much in return for so little? OUR WORSHIP cannot compare to HER LOVE.

We can only pray that HER REIGN continues for all ETERNITY, so we can find salvation for all RIHTERNITY.

Rihmen

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i want the old koodo back :(

Yeah, this is really good. I listen to her (and Girls Aloud, fwiw) much more frequently than almost any of the other popular girlies talked up in here.

these pop divas are living on borrowed time before the return of the messiah(s)

This thread is now so depressing. I can't believe something that shallow has changed things up so much ;_;

Eh, I said I would do it so I did. I have no regrets.

And to be perfectly honest, I never expected anything in return... I kinda feel bad that he was dragged into this unwillingly ~~
IRJRw.gif

Mumei

Eh, I said I would do it so I did. I have no regrets.

And to be perfectly honest, I never expected anything in return... I kinda feel bad that he was dragged into this unwillingly ~~
IRJRw.gif

I thought he said that he never agreed to it, anyway. Still, to the lot of you:

ilY3n23WVGpeu.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't.

I, for one, welcome our new inthezone overlord. As long as there's no more Spanish, I'm down for whatever.

You're just trying to woo him. I never got anything so I'm exercising my gayrogative and demanding Koodos return.

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IM BITTER

anyways

Last night in what can only be described as something totally unrelated to cleansing my ears from the previous week, I re-listened to one of the great pop albums of the post-2000s:

9Lk9d.jpg

It's great despite the involvement of colossal douchenugget Mark Ronson. So many good tracks.

It's a shame it was her last. :(

Cynosure

sis when are you posting Xtina album news? no leaked demos or anything?

She' still recording. She's doing a song with Ceelo.

Big plans, big changes.

Nd9sa.jpg

As for when, IDK. It's always "soon" with her, and that could mean next week or by the end of the year.

Predictable. Only had to watch 5 seconds and I knew how it'd end (although i was expecting VMAs).

also, every one of those clips are from 2011. Broken Spearit's Gimme More VMA performance is 2007. She's had 5 years to regain whatever she lost since then, but she progressively got worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caomc4e51k4&feature=related

Obviously not as good as her peak (she's never gonna get that good again) yet still better than anyone in your video.
This related video

i9nKaYDyDBweL.gif

I would be so pressed if I was a backup singer for Katy Perry. And Rihanna
i9nKaYDyDBweL.gif

anyways

Last night in what can only be described as something totally unrelated to cleansing my ears from the previous week, I re-listened to one of the great pop albums of the post-2000s:

9Lk9d.jpg

It's great despite the involvement of colossal douchenugget Mark Ronson. So many good tracks.

It's a shame it was her last. :(

Yesss. I like Frank a lot too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom