• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
promise you'll cover me with your umbrella Koodo
Always my dear.

iOleLjhYlbD9v.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Some new tea
Lady Gaga more of a money spinner than Material Girl

Lady Gaga today proved she is London’s Queen of Pop by announcing a second show at Twickenham Stadium — leaving Madonna trailing in her wake.

The Standard has learned that the Material Girl has yet to sell out her summer Hyde Park concert, despite tickets being on sale for more than two months.

But US star Gaga, 26, sold out her concert last week in 10 minutes, and announced a second show at the venue this morning. If this sells out, she will have sold 110,000 tickets for the September concerts.

Madonna’s gig at Hyde Park on July 17, the only English date of her world tour, has a capacity of 55,000, although this can be increased to 80,000.

Maybe Madonna should lower her ticket prices because obviously the demand is not there
ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

Mau ®

Holy shit. If the BTW Ball outgrosses or even comes neck to neck with the MDNA tour :O

I'd like to see that happen. Losing the tour "crown" will kick Madonna's ass into being amazing again. Hopefully.

Some new tea

Madonna has other STADIUM dates AS WELL as Hyde Park.

This happened with Sticky & Sweet Tour in any case. Shows didn't sell out until the tour had begun due to word of mouth; it became the highest grossing tour by a solo artist EVER - by a wide margin.

Holy shit. If the BTW Ball outgrosses or even comes neck to neck with the MDNA tour :O

BTW Tour 1.5 ticket prices are nowhere as high as Madonna's, it's not going to happen.

Koodo

Banned
I thought Hyde Park was GIGANTIC? THE SIZE OF BUCKINGHAM PALACE?

It only fits 55k with a potential increase to 80k?

woTGR.gif

And there is space for a third Twickenham date. Better pray the second one doesn't sell out in less than 10 minutes too, because you know what that means.

I thought Hyde Park was GIGANTIC? THE SIZE OF BUCKINGHAM PALACE?

It only fits 55k with a potential increase to 80k?

woTGR.gif

And there is space for a third Twickenham date. Better pray the second one doesn't sell out in less than 10 minutes too, because you know what that means.

The article is wrong. It's 200 000. And Madonna has other UK dates.

Clearly some Lady Xerox PR puff piece.

Truth booze here:

Rip-off as £80 Lady Gaga tickets go for £1,100
Brit fans fury at Ticketmaster site

FURIOUS fans hunting tickets for Lady Gaga’s sold-out UK dates face paying nearly 14 TIMES the original value — on a website the official seller owns.

Within 60 seconds of sales opening on Thursday, every ticket for the star’s two Born This Way gigs had been sold on Ticketmaster.

Fans were directed to the firm’s sister company — secondary ticket site Get Me In! — where tickets costing £80 on Ticketmaster were on offer at £1,100.

Customers angrily condemned the scandal, with ticket organisers poised to profit twice.

Darren Marsden, 44, logged on to Ticketmaster at the exact time sales began to buy tickets for his wife Michelle’s birthday.

But it quickly became clear they were sold out and he was directed to the firm’s sister site.

Company director Darren, of Bolton, said: “Ticketmaster having such a strong hold on event tickets is bordering on a monopoly. The governing bodies should look into how it is allowed to distribute tickets so unfairly.”

This is happening everywhere. Tickets are not sold out. They've just been transfered to scalping agencies. Lady ScamScam hard at work.

tumblr_lvc501PvY41qapkeu.gif

"THIS DOESN'T MAKE ME A SCAM ARTIST, IT JUST MEANS I'M FUCKING SMART"

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Well, that seems more like typical shady Ticketmaster, not Lady GaGa's doing.

Lady Gaga still got her money, those tickets are sold as far as she is concerned
she is also playing another arena in the UK so that makes 3 dates, 2 which have already been sold out
ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

Lady Gaga still got her money, those tickets are sold as far as she is concerned
she is also playing another arena in the UK so that makes 3 dates, 2 which have already been sold out
ibxW5nBfL0hSoA.gif

6 millon-album selling "artist" sells out shows. News at 11.

Can't wait for RIHANNA to tour.

Mau ®

WHO IS READY FOR THE DAILY RIHALLA TEA? I KNOW KOODOO AND PHONO ARE.

tumblr_m2i09rt72z1ro1dyeo1_500.gif

Rihalla will perform at the TIME 100 GALA. Most likely the hit of mankind "WE FOUND LOVE" + Future summer hit of the forever "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN".

tumblr_m2i09rt72z1ro1dyeo1_500.gif

Rihsus, being the classy gwarl she is, posted a topless pic of her hawaii vacation where she was on a nirvana high 24/7. Why does she does this? Because she can.

NszQZ.jpg

And Finally, she's posted a behind the scenes pic from the upcoming masterpiece "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN". Once again proving her beauty is on another level and your faves will never reach, so they should stop trying.

544595_10150672835691676_10092511675_9609512_204215989_n.jpg

END OF OF TRANSMISSION. PLEASE RIHSUME YOUR RIHALLA STANNING.

Nemesis_

I CAN'T HANDLE THIS ANYMORE

olrzz.gif

I'M LEAVING POP-GAF FOR AN UNDETERMINED PERIOD IN A HOPE THIS RIHDICULOUS PHASE WILL END SOON ;_;

xSGoc.gif

Koodo and Phono I AM BEYOND DISAPPOINTED

CzWrG.gif

I'm praying.

VdSeq.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Rum pum pum rum pum pum pum rum pum pum pum
Man Banned
Rum bum bum bum rum bum bum bum rum bum bum bum
Man Banned

Oh mama mama mama
I just got a man banned
In neogaf
In front of the pop crowd
Oh Why Oh Why

You will never fall apart
Koodo, you're still in our hearts
Never let you fall apart
Together we'll dance in the dark

RIHPRESENT for our fallen sisteR. We beseech the Mod Gods for his safe RIHTURN into the bossom of our Blessed RIHGINA Mother. May she watch over him until he attains RHIDEMPTION.

thanksgiving-prayer.gif

EDIT: It's the ultimate irony Koodo got banned for stanning for Rihanna. I guess this makes Pho the winner by default? I foresee Koodo's wrath against Rihanna upon his return will eclipse any previous shading he may have done in the past.

On the bright side, it looks like the challenge was met and he won't be talking shit about RIHDONNA for a week.

So cough up the pics, inthezone.

Sai-kun

Banned
KOODO NOOOO

pxWYf.gif

Primadonna girl, yeah
All he ever wanted was the world
He can't help that he needs it all
The primadonna life, the rise and fall

rip gurl

In other #truthbooze news: Lady ConCon has been downgraded to RETROGRADE STAR status.

cacascience.png

Lady Gaga is under a bad star

The wacky Poker Face singer, 26, is concerned that the planet Mercury is going retrograde, which star-gazers believe causes bad luck.

A source said: “Gaga is worried as she wants the stars to be aligned when she hits the road. She follows her horoscopes closely and has been looking ahead for when she’s away.”

Astrologers say Mercury in retrograde — where it seems to be travelling backwards through the sky — happens around three times a year.

It will occur from July 15 to August 8 — in the middle of Gaga’s huge Born This Way Ball world tour, which starts this month in Seoul.

The source said: “She’s a typical Aries — outgoing with a sense of adventure.

“But when she found out Mercury is likely to go retrograde, she wasn’t happy and has been talking it through with her spiritual team.”

This weekend Gaga’s two UK dates — at Twickenham in London on September 8 and Manchester Arena on September 11 — sold out in a MINUTE on Ticketmaster.

Fans are fuming after £80 tickets were hiked to £1,100 on sister site Get Me In!

Gaga was slammed last week for tweeting about her gruelling fitness regime ahead of the shows — despite urging girls not to diet. The source said: “She’s feeling the pressure of wanting to deliver something amazing again.”

How REDUCTIVE. Using astrology to predict how crappy her show will be? Even in wacky non-sense sciences she copies the Kabbalah Queen of the Universe.

Madonna_Concert_Image.jpg

article-1112208-0305B40B000005DC-808_468x587.jpg

Here's some free fortune telling for Caca courtesy of my trusty crystal ball:

tumblr_m0gy7pHtiP1r2mvaio1_250.gif
tumblr_m0gy7pHtiP1r2mvaio2_250.gif

tumblr_m0gy7pHtiP1r2mvaio3_250.gif
tumblr_m0gy7pHtiP1r2mvaio4_250.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
You know you're desperate when you start posting articles from the fucking SUN, a rag not even fit to wipe your arse with.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Here let me help you Rocket Punch, from a Fair and Balanced source

Experts call Lady Gaga's controversial diet tweets 'hypocritical' and 'scary'

Lady Gaga may be a force when it comes to fighting for gay and LGBT rights, encouraging self-acceptance and pride, but it seems she is struggling to adopt such philosophies in her own life – and potentially promoting dangerous behavior to millions of fans along the way.

The 25-year-old pop star, who has almost 23 million Twitter followers and knocked Oprah Winfrey from the top spot to be named TIME’s Most Influential Person, sparked controversy last week when she tweeted “Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger,’ followed by hashtag “#PopSingersDontEat #IwasBornThisWay.”

According to human behavior expert Patrick Wanis, Gaga’s actions reveal that she’s not only hypocritical, but also disingenuous.

“Lady Gaga has often spoken out about hot topics such as bullying, same-sex marriages and body image issues, but her tweets reveal that she is possibly insincere and will simply do anything to get attention,” Wanis told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “She cannot accept the way she was born and still wants to hide behind the mask, hiding her fear of rejection and longing for everyone to see her as physically perfect.”

Gaga’s inflammatory tweet also comes on the heels of her confession that she struggled with bulimia as a teenager in the quest to be “ballerina skinny,” and even called on girls to “stop the dieting.” But clearly, the songstress, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, has changed her tune.

“She needs to grow up and assume responsibility for her tweets because of her vast influence. She’s helping to create self-image problems among young people, people who admire her and look up to her – many of whom are already having issues with their own self-image,” explained Los Angeles-based Dr. Carson Liu. “This type of a behavior from a top influencer is all the more scary.”

lets see what you can do with this
iOGR9RrzOTxG6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom