• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I woke up today with a glow unseen since I came out of my Mother's womb.

A new chapter in my life has been RIHVEALED, and I have been RIHBORN. I simply cannot wait for my ears to be caressed with HER SUMMER SYMPHONY as I travel in HER GLORY.
image.php

Sis, this new RIHVELATION has RIHINVIGORATED my BODY, RIHVITALISED my MIND and RIHDEEMED my SOUL.

I hope when I die that I am RIHBORN in HER IMAGE.
image.php

when are the avatar changes coming?

ivDyCBoRF2wf3.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Did that article seriously claim that the success of Gotye's song was in part due to Lady Gaga's message about 'being yourself'? What a load of shit!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I mean, it's a tenuous link at best - claiming these 'indie' artists now have some kind of radio credibility because Lady Gaga of all people has said 'its ok to be a bit different!" What a stupid article.

Kyon

Banned
lolz Gaga didn't start the dance trend nor did she start the indie thing. Smh @ the industry what a crock of shit

There is a reason everyone hates monsters and the number 1 reason is their delusions. Gaga may be at the top. Be she hasn't done anything worth noting or anything original to trend in her entire career. Her crazy costumes are what mostly gave her attention besides of course Poker Face and Just Dance. She made pop worth listening to again because before that everyone was all about slow songs and rap music (shutters) it was so dry before she came along. Well Adele was slaying me at that time so was Blackout but that's all I remember from that Pop drought.

I mean, it's a tenuous link at best - claiming these 'indie' artists now have some kind of radio credibility because Lady Gaga of all people has said 'its ok to be a bit different!" What a stupid article.

Lil Turds live in a world of fantasy and delusion. It fits their twisted worldview perfectly. Everything that's good comes from their idol. I hear they're starving themselves to death eating salads and drinking vodka because that's what their holy mother Lady Godga tells them to.

Delio

How old are you, anyway?

I do like recent music. I just prefer the talented over the talent-less - which naturally precludes the flash-in-the-pan children you're stanning for - and there aren't any popular singers around today that have the same combination of natural gifts / talent and ability that my faves do.

Old enough ;) 25

Pfft my favs have cuteness,sassy minds,playful gayness AND Talent. (Sadly they cant dance worth a shit). But I am done I need to let the rihanna stans have fun.

tumblr_m24z1rDNko1roxwdbo2_250.gif

Mumei

lolz Gaga didn't start the dance trend nor did she start the indie thing. Smh @ the industry what a crock of shit

I know she didn't start it, but I did have the impression that she was influential in popularizing it (thinking around 2009-ish).

But you guys she taught us to believe in ourselves.

I didn't know what to do with myself in a pre-gaga world.

So really, the claim isn't that ludicrous.

After all, what kind of wasteland would music be if we didn't believe in ourselves?

Kyon

Banned
^^^ Madonna already did that shit like 100 years ago

I know she didn't start it, but I did have the impression that she was influential in popularizing it (thinking around 2009-ish).

Yeah I agree, she gave pop a reboot of sorts

Mumei

Yeah I agree, she gave pop a reboot of sorts

Thanks, just checking~

Old enough ;) 25

Pfft my favs have cuteness,sassy minds,playful gayness AND Talent. (Sadly they cant dance worth a shit). But I am done I need to let the rihanna stans have fun.

tumblr_m24z1rDNko1roxwdbo2_250.gif

God, you're the same age as me. What are you doing cradle robbing?

They are cute in the same way that little kids are cute (though inferior to puppy or kitten cuteness).

And where's the talent?

kgTaX.gif

Not in that gif

^^^ Madonna already did that shit like 100 years ago

Madonna left us to fend for ourselves in this cold and harsh world. I didn't know that my life was worth anything until Gaga told me so in one of her songs. Now I only cut myself if I don't hear her/see her /read her tweets daily.

Thank you Gaga for saving my eternal gayness.

what a strange era have we entered in this thread

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The industry owes Gaga for the past 3 years and her influence is all over the map
some of you can stay mad for when she comes back her hands of inspiration will reinvent country, rock, and hip hop

The Next One is coming
iu5MFoaav4IgD.gif

Kyon

Banned
Madonna left us to fend for ourselves in this cold and harsh world. I didn't know that my life was worth anything until Gaga told me so in one of her songs. Now I only cut myself if I don't hear her/see her /read her tweets daily.

Thank you Gaga for saving my eternal gayness.

what a strange era have we entered in this thread

Lolz the Little Cutters mantra.

Delio

Oh Marius I love Liam as well. He's such a handsome devil with his new haircut. I just can't help falling for my little lucky charm.

tumblr_lz9jxuk8Ik1r6fh3lo2_250.gif

Just for you Marius.

tumblr_m2g0sjEVUG1rs05l5o1_500.gif

Mau ®

some of you can stay mad for when she comes back her hands of inspiration will reinvent country, rock, and hip hop

I doubt she'll impress any of those formats judging by the tame performance of "You & I" on radio and it's utter floppage WW.
35.gif

Hip Hop? At this point Beiber has a better chance at a successful hip-hop crossover than Caca.
gaga22.gif

The Next One is coming

We've heard that one before tbh

born-this-way-portada-400x400.jpg

lmfao.gif
lmfao.gif

lmfao.gif

lmfao.gif

lmfao.gif

Oh, they can. I have multiple faves.

It's just that there's such a wide disparity between his two faves that I'd prefer that he stick to the one.

Wide disparity?

I feel like a lot of the criticism that can be leveled at Rihanna overlaps pretty well with the stuff aimed at Brit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom