• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Your concern is noted,crushed,tossed in the trash. I shall forever stand for my lovely princes.

JxzbR.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
BTW is a fucking vile album. The only redeeming thing about it was the sax on "Edge of Glory" and Clarence Clemons actually died of shame after wasting his rockin' talents on Gaga's pandering slop.

BTW is a fucking vile album. The only redeeming thing about it was the sax on "Edge of Glory" and Clarence Clemons actually died of shame after wasting his rockin' talents on Gaga's pandering slop.
As much as I hate the singles Gaga has chosen, I must step in to amend your cluelessness. Tell me one song from 2011 that goes as hard as Scheiße or Heavy Metal Lover.

I submit that you cannot.

royalan

As much as I hate the singles Gaga has chosen, I must step in to amend your cluelessness. Tell me one song from 2011 that goes as hard as Scheiße or Heavy Metal Lover.

I see what you're saying, sis, but 2011 was a REALLY bad year for Pop so that's not really proving much.

Although I will say that Heavy Metal Lover is my favorite thing about BTW and a damn-good song in its own right, but still...one good song does not an entire messy-ass album save.

God nobody in here is checking for this...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

I did not realize that "going hard" was an acceptable substitute for quality. Neither of those songs have anything interesting or unique about them, just a lot of bass and bland synths. Without Gaga, they could be effortlessly swapped out for any number of dumb-as-a-post CLUB BANGERZ, and let's please not pretend like they're filled with lyrical genius.

There's no point in me singling out other songs I think are better, because I found BTW to be quite awful and yet enjoyed plenty of pop songs and albums last year. No one's mind is going to be changed on matters like these; they never are.

Koodo

Banned
I see what you're saying, sis, but 2011 was a REALLY bad year for Pop so that's not really proving much.
The same year as Femme Fatale, 4, Born This Way and 21?

icbLKsrot1KFO.gif

Body Talk and The ArchAndroid in 2010 left the standards TOO HIGH, but 2011 still did respectable enough.

Poor 2012, on the other hand, is already off to a bad start and what looks like an irredeemable rest of the year. It's increasingly likely KESHIT will end up with the best album among the mainstream divas.

royalan

The same year as Femme Fatale, 4, Born This Way and 21?

icbLKsrot1KFO.gif

Body Talk and The ArchAndroid in 2010 left the standards TOO HIGH, but 2011 still did respectable enough.

Poor 2012, on the other hand, is already off to a bad start and what looks like an irredeemable rest of the year. It's increasingly likely KESHIT will end up with the best album among the mainstream divas.

Gurl you are TRYIN IT with all this "4" love (I went back and listened again after the last time it was brought up, but I still can't after a handful of tracks...), but I'll admit your point. I was momentarily blinded by all that Katy Perry/Rihanna shit that was forced on us in 2011.

Now that I remember, "Ceremonials" came out in 2011, too...

Have I told you I'm looking forward to Glassheart (song)?

Sounded like fire in the live performances.

AFkhE.gif
If the music video is just this scene replayed over and over again, I'll be more than satisfied
42xoj.gif

I think "Trouble" is going to be the album's first single, and according to my friend who interned at Sony last year, the track is positively incendiary.

unf unf

Salazar

TWO One Direction stars were caught in a sex disease scare last night after being peed on during a wild trip Down Under — by a KOALA.

Boyband singers Liam Payne and Harry Styles fear they may have picked up chlamydia after visiting a sanctuary in Brisbane.

PcbJx.gif

Bladenic

This thread is so entertaining.

I'm still bitter that stupid fun. kept Kelly from the summit for like 5 weeks. Terrible.

I love that Nicki Minaj is practically committing career suicide at this point. Ever since her AWFUL Grammy performance I wanted her gone.

And I'm happy Kesha got new stuff coming out. Tik Tok and Your Love were the jams back in the day.

Don't you think Ms. Swift is just a little TOO... dull? :/

This thread is so entertaining.

I'm still bitter that stupid fun. kept Kelly from the summit for like 5 weeks. Terrible.

I love that Nicki Minaj is practically committing career suicide at this point. Ever since her AWFUL Grammy performance I wanted her gone.

And I'm happy Kesha got new stuff coming out. Tik Tok and Your Love were the jams back in the day.

A Ke$ha stan. This could get interesting!

Swift did nothing but bring girlish innocence to this page.

Pfft, that's what Nemesis is for.

Kyon

Banned
Ke$ha is working with Calvin Harris too i believe she's gonna come hard. Cock-blocking all our faves in the singles charts. In all serious-ness i do like her though, her music is good trashy pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom