• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Why did Bethesda give everyone, including people that aren't affiliated with a publication, a review code? Then they complained about leaks? Why are they giving it to everyone and their mother lol

Like why did Ben Starr also get one lol
Confidence, and hoping someone’s word still meant something.

But I think they have t publicly complain about the leaks, despite being very happy with the state the game is in.

Reactions: Isa

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Not this time. I paid $82 on GMG.

ok3bEyO.png

Hmm weird, CDkeys is cheaper here in The Netherlands for me then GMG.

Are CDKeys sending out the keys yet?

Don't know.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Confidence, and hoping someone’s word still meant something.

But I think they have t publicly complain about the leaks, despite being very happy with the state the game is in.
this is the only one i saw, but nothing directly from a Bethesda main account

FingerBang

So here's a fun story actually. I've met Todd Howard of Bethesda. I actually used to see him somewhat frequently as it is my job to restock the vending machines at their Maryland studio. For some reason I was the only one allowed restocked those machines, as according to Todd I was the only one who could put the items in an arrangement that he liked (which is odd considering that I literally just put them in the same order as everyone who came before me, it's not like we have much of a choice in its arrangement). Anyway, one day I was running late for work and in my hurry I put on a pair of N7 novelty socks. Later that day as I was stocking the highest bit of the soda vending machine, I felt a damp breath on the back of my neck. When I turned around Todd Howard himself was standing only a couple of inches away from me. Before I had time to question him he asked "Mass Effect socks huh? Do you like space games?" His breath smelled like a concoction of garlic, coffee, and breath mints.

"Ye-yes Mr. Howard sir", I replied back.

"While come with me, I'll show you a game we've been working on that I think you'll like".

I followed him to his office. Upon entering it, I noticed that the walls were completely covered with pictures of Skyrim box art for a variety of different systems, most of which were ones that it had never been released on. After a few moments of messing with his computer, a large grin spread across Todd's face. He beckoned me over to his computer and told me that I could do anything I wanted. My mind instantly thought that he had pulled up the much rumored Starfield, but when I got to his computer screen all I saw was an image of Todd sitting in a chair, staring seductively at whoever took that picture, with both of his hands on his crouch. He began laughing manically, and out of fear I ran away from him and out of that building. Once I was outside, I noticed a somewhat large box with a parachute slowly drifting down in my direction. Once it landed I saw that written on the very top in all caps was a message saying that the box was for me. When I opened it up I saw that there was a Nintendo Switch with a custom decal of Todd Howard's eyes, and surrounding this switch was every single version of Skyrim that has been released. I looked up, and saw Todd in his office window, with a large rock in his hands. He simply smiled at me and dropped the rock, hitting me right in the head and giving me a severe concussion along with many other head injuries.

I've been in the hospital for the last two weeks on account of that day, unsure as to whether or not I'll have that job to return to when I get out. Earlier today Pete Hines visited me, and gave me a Fallout themed check for $111,111 in order to pay for all of my hospital bills and any complications that may arise. He apologized for what Todd did, saying that "Our special little boy just shows his affection in strange ways. All of us at Bethesda have been trying to teach him how to properly socially interact, but progress has been slow". Before he left, he gave me the same box that had been airdropped to me on that fateful day, saying that Todd wanted me to have it. Once he left I decided to open the box. It had all the same things in it as when I first opened it, but with one addition: sitting on the very top was a cutout of Todd's face, staring into my soul and begging me to get lost in his enchanting, beautiful eyes.
I believe you. I'm ashamed of my words and deeds.

Gonzito

Edit: To the guy saying why not playing it on gamepass, I dont like treating videogames as fast food, I want to support devs who put effort into making great games

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
So what's the reasoning behind getting a key outside of Steam? Were they cheaper at some point?
No Way What GIF by Adele Morse - Stoned Fox Official

You mean you've never heard of gg.deals? Even if you're just referring to Starfield in this instance: 9 times out of 10 games are always cheaper outside of Steam. Even through official resellers such as Voidu, Wingamestore, Fanatical, GMG, etc.

twilo99

Gold Member
$50 for the wrap... they should let you upload your own artwork and let AI help design the wrap for you.

R6Rider

Gold Member
No Way What GIF by Adele Morse - Stoned Fox Official

You mean you've never heard of gg.deals? Even if you're just referring to Starfield in this instance: 9 times out of 10 games are always cheaper outside of Steam. Even through official resellers such as Voidu, Wingamestore, Fanatical, GMG, etc.
I rarely buy games for PC as it is. I've heard of these sites, just never used them before. I did quick search and didn't see the price any cheaper (wasn't showing discount price applied). I was asking about Starfield in general.

twilo99

Gold Member
The premium was available for $35 on GP yesterday and I was gonna get it now but I'm getting this:

Anyone else?

edit. never mind got it. I guess the "content" and the upgrade a two different things. This is 15gb worth of content btw

Last edited:

Denton

Personally I will be playing GP version at launch, and get Steam version some time down the line if I ever want to replay it, with mods and expansions. But I am definitely wondering about concurrent peaks on steam.

Top Bottom