• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

Psykotik

got my limited box

will be keeping this sealed though. gonna buy a regular copy to play.

e200b64c925269b04b89392dd7c622831da9a3a2.jpeg

Strider2K99 said:
My preorder was automatically upgraded to RDD.

Do you need Prime for it to automatically upgrade to RDD?

I thought Amazon was supposed to give you the option of paying extra for RDD on checkout, even if you don't have Prime.

Chiggs

Gold Member
ICO has not aged well. The gameplay is pretty awful and I'm bored 20 minutes into the game.

SotC, on the other hand, is still outstanding.

Bebpo

Banned
God, these upgraded versions are amazing. The visuals, the sound (the voices in SoTC sound SO MUCH BETTER), the bonus content.

Even the 3d works really well in both titles. For the most part I've been anti-3d gaming outside Wipeout HD which looks awesome, but I'm enjoying both Ico and SoTC far more with 3d on. The gorgeous landscapes really pop thanks to the 3d.

just brought the first colossus crumbling to its knees. really amazing moment, beautiful soundtrack.

"BLING! Trophy Awarded!"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF I CAN'T FIND IT IN OPTIONS

HYDE

Banned
Chiggs said:
ICO has not aged well. The gameplay is pretty awful and I'm bored 20 minutes into the game.

SotC, on the other hand, is still outstanding.

Boo this man.gif
I think the games are still classics and play great and bring a smile to my non-rose-tinted shades.

HYDE

Banned
KennyLinder said:
I love in that video how they talk about the US boxart, that's made my day!

Just can't wait now...

Me too.

Mega Man and ICO that was hilarious. I can't wait for Last Guardian anymore, and replaying these is going to make the wait even more tedious.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I love Ico, it's actually my favorite out of the two games. Is The Last Guardian footage on the disc going to appear online? I thought it would have by now, would be hard for Sony to keep off the internet.

Edit: Saw it a couple of pages back, thanks.

kuYuri

TekkenMaster said:
Do you need Prime for it to automatically upgrade to RDD?

I thought Amazon was supposed to give you the option of paying extra for RDD on checkout, even if you don't have Prime.

I'm not sure, but based on your description, it sounds like automatic upgrades to RDD might be Prime exclusive. (I'm a Prime member)

BeautifulMemory said:
According to a couple of previous pages, the answer is no

Cover is definitely reversible. Reverse has original Ico cover art and SotC cover art on other side.

evilhomer

autobzooty said:
God I almost don't even wanna play anymore, is it seriously gonna take a shit on every single beautiful moment of the game? :(

I fucking hate achievements and trophies so much.
Hah I dont find them that bad but keep in mind they only happen the first time you beat a collusi. So if it bothers you that much you could have a friend over and beat the game while you do homework or read a book or something, than you can play the game trophy free =]

Sounds extreme but might work for you.

StuBurns

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Cover is definitely reversible. Reverse has original Ico cover art and SotC cover art on other side.
Well someone very specifically took a photo suggesting in Canada that is not the case.

Cartman86

Banned
evilhomer said:
Hah I dont find them that bad but keep in mind they only happen the first time you beat a collusi. So if it bothers you that much you could have a friend over and beat the game while you do homework or read a book or something, than you can play the game trophy free =]

Sounds extreme but might work for you.

lol totally reasonable.

Oh man, I just realized some of these battles are a total cakewalk for me since I played this game before and kind of remembered how to defeat them, combine that with the jump and stab and they just die too fast to be satisfying. I literally finished off the
mini
Colossus in around a minute and a half (or so it seemed). :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Finished Ico. Just as lovely as ever. Looks amazing for a 2001 game.

that 2 hour speedrun trophy is going to be absolutely impossible.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
autobzooty said:
God I almost don't even wanna play anymore, is it seriously gonna take a shit on every single beautiful moment of the game? :(

I fucking hate achievements and trophies so much.
You almost don't even wanna play anymore? What a waste. You must have some chronic problem with trophies and achievements to need to post something like this.

I know there's no option to turn them off, but is there no way you can play while signed out or something? If there's absolutely no way of avoiding them then that's a bit weird, but it still shouldn't elicit this kind of reaction. These are two great games from last generation, remastered in stunning HD (something many, many people were clamouring for), and people have to go and complain about something that has been necessary for years of the current generation.

Honestly, what is it that bothers you about them so much? Is it the icon? The sound? If something so petty can ruin such a "beautiful moment" for you, then you must have a seriously limited attention span. Please just get over it and be thankful for such a generous re-working of such fantastic concepts.

vazel

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Finished Ico. Just as lovely as ever. Looks amazing for a 2001 game.

that 2 hour speedrun trophy is going to be absolutely impossible.
Really? I remember being able to finish Ico in one sitting.

B-Genius said:
You almost don't even wanna play anymore? What a waste. You must have some chronic problem with trophies and achievements to need to post something like this.

I know there's no option to turn them off, but is there no way you can play while signed out or something? If there's absolutely no way of avoiding them then that's a bit weird, but it still shouldn't elicit this kind of reaction. These are two great games from last generation, remastered in stunning HD (something many, many people were clamouring for), and people have to go and complain about something that has been necessary for years of the current generation.

Honestly, what is it that bothers you about them so much? Is it the icon? The sound? If something so petty can ruin such a "beautiful moment" for you, then you must have a seriously limited attention span. Please just get over it and be thankful for such a generous re-working of such fantastic concepts.

I'm playing disconnected from the internet and I turned off all "notifications" in system settings. the trophy beep persists. being disconnected from the internet, the trophies won't even sync, making them doubly useless. i don't appreciate what trophies add to gaming to begin with, and now they're stepping on the toes of what I think is important, in addition to being totally stupid in a passive way.

and yeah, it's pretty easy to ruin an emotional moment in a video game. right when you're getting sucked into the experience and starting to lose yourself, the fucking trophy message pops up to say "hey, you're playing a video game, i hope you weren't getting immersed for a second there."

how would you like it if the person on the couch next to you farted loudly during the saddest part of your favorite movie? now how would you feel if they told you in advance that they were going to hold their gas and make sure their fart happened at the most inopportune time? you wouldn't feel inclined to wait for god to patch farting out of humans so you can enjoy it uninhibited?

i'm not gonna quit the game cos it's still a beautiful masterpiece, but god damn is it a bummer. it would be blowing things out of proportion to outright quit the game, you're right, but i can't understate just how shitty this whole trophy thing really is.

It does bring into light how ridiculous it is that you can't turn off those notifications. I don't give a shit about trophies and don't need someone to constantly pat me on the back for playing a game. There's no reason to not be able to turn those off.

sublimit

Banned
RomanticHeroX said:
It does bring into light how ridiculous it is that you can't turn off those notifications. I don't give a shit about trophies and don't need someone to constantly pat me on the back for playing a game. There's no reason to not be able to turn those off.
This x 1000.
But what can we do?We're the minority of today's gaming population.

sublimit said:
This x 1000.
But what can we do?We're the minority of today's gaming population.

I feel you man. I once deleted one profile because a friend of mine decided to get a trophy for me when it first started

Fuck. Yo. Trophies

That being said, I don't mind the sound though

Zwei

TekkenMaster said:
How is everyone getting this from Amazon today?

When I pre-ordered they gave no option for release date delivery.

yeah, this happens sometimes. A game may not have the release day delivery option until later on. If you pre-ordered early, you'd have to check back on your order and adjust for RDD. It's quite easy, actually.

StuBurns said:
If you can have a second player controlling Yorda, I think two hours would be pretty easy.

It's not hard. I believe the World Record is 90 something minutes and definitely doable if you know where to go.

Also for the trophy haters, you could download a starter save from somebody else and play the game. Every time a trophy should pop, you get the standard silent message of "You did not earn a Trophy" at the top right of the screen which also shows you when your friends are online. You won't get trophies that way but people who are annoyed by it probably don't care anyway. Would be cooler though if all the colossus trophies would be awarded by the end of the game or something, maybe 3 golds instead of 16 or so bronze ones.

chuckywang

Neo Member
I just got my copy today and but haven't opened it cause a buddy wanted to co-op Gears of War 3 instead. I'll be playing it tomorrow and I am quite excited as I have never played either of these two games before. It's all I can do to not make myself read more of this thread.

BTW, where does one buy that Japan Limited Edition copy if we're in the US? It looks absolutely beautiful. How much is it retail in Japan?

bridegur

RomanticHeroX said:

I agree completely. Trophies and achievements are a terrible trend. They're distracting and they just make me feel sad for the people obsessed with collecting them.

sublimit

Banned
autobzooty said:
sort of, except you can disable them on 360 and they don't make noise on steam.
I don't have a 360 so i didn't knew.That's certainly a plus for 360 then,i wish Sony could do the same and give us the option to disable them.

demolitio

How long do you think it would take for a good, dedicated gamer to complete each game? I have no money but never had a chance to play these games on PS2 so I feel like I have to play it one way or another so renting it sounds nice. I actually wanted this game back when I was younger and it just came out but got other things instead at Christmas, lol...

SotC

I seem to remember there isn't much to do in the secret garden at the top of the temple, it always looked like they intended to have more going on up there but ran out of time or something. Would be ace if there is more now :)

B-Genius said:

Thank you. People find the stupidest shit to whine about.

MrCookiepants said:
Thank you. People find the stupidest shit to whine about.

it's something that genuinely bothers me and is having a serious negative impact on my experience with the game. i'm glad it doesn't bother you, but sorry if i don't subscribe to the "just be thankful you got to play such a good game" philosophy. i'd rather be a "whiner" than someone who feels like he's being done a favor after paying full price for a product. now THAT is ridiculous.

goonergaz

my LE has just shipped from nin-nin :)

can't leave it sealed (gotta look it over at least!) but am also getting the UK version to play - I would have bought these on PSN too but I doubt I would now unless they made the game save work on both (usually they don't)

goonergaz

they must have known that these titles in particular would attract folk who don't want the pop-ups (both the sound & sign) so it surely couldn't have taken much to add some sort of option...we can hope for a patch, but I guess if there was one coming we'd have won most the trophies already!

Top Bottom