• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread January 2013: We beat the apocalypse without buttons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanksfan

Just finished The Room (iPhone). Good stuff, albeit quite short. Looking forward to future installments

Wish I would have known it was a demo I downloaded. I hate when games don't have a lite or some indicator that it is just a demo with the ability to unlock all the content.

Still enjoyed the first chapter though. Don't know if I will plunk down for the rest (just $2) until I become less irritated though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice thread. First I've heard of The Grading Game, downloading now.

I need to start chipping away at my ever increasing library. There's so many good games I never make time for.

Heel

I need to start chipping away at my ever increasing library. There's so many good games I never make time for.

Same here. I got through "Bring Me Sandwiches!!" tonight, which is pretty great for a dollar. Going to play some more Tiny Bang Story and Machanarium this week.

PFD

I finally got around to playing mass effect infiltrator. Finished it in one setting. The game is okay once you learn how to use your abilities and biotics. I thought the bosses were extremely fun. I used manual aim, but the controls are really awful. I was wrestling with the controls most of the time which made the game rather difficult.

Megasoum

Banned
OMFG Finally! I was stuck on the same mission in Space Agency since yesterday afternoon and I finally understood how to do it and got it in the next 30min. Pheww... I can finally move on the other missions!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
How many chapters is it? There were a few 'puzzles' in the demo part, it would be disappointing if I bought it and there are only a few left.

By puzzles I mean chapters. There's only 3 or 4 more of what you did in the demo, if I remember correctly. Couldn't have taken me much more than a couple of hours.

I could be wrong, but it was definitely short.

jbueno

Same here. I got through "Bring Me Sandwiches!!" tonight, which is pretty great for a dollar. Going to play some more Tiny Bang Story and Machanarium this week.

OT here, but love your avatar. Haven´t had Lucas since I was a kid, wonder if they still sell them.

EDIT. I´ve been eyeing Bastion, but I wonder how it runs on an iPad 2. Anyone tried it on that?

Enk

makes good threads.
Props to Activision for the job they've done on The Lost Treasures of Infocom. The way they've packed in all the manuals, bonus materials, maps, feelies and invisiclues from the original releases is really impressive. As is the amount of games included, the streamlining of the games themselves (maps at the touch of a button, actual compass, the word save feature, the auto correct etc) and the overall feel of the menu's and interface.

It's a perfect update imo, and makes this really old-school genre fun and pretty painless to play.

Including the complete Zork I with all the extra's makes for an exceptional demo, too.

edit: I just noticed you have to buy the maps and invisiclues separate to the actual games, though at 99cents each for the lot its not too bad at all. $12.50 for the entire package is a nice price for this, seeing the love that clearly went into it, imo.

Thanks for mentioning this! I grabbed it immediately and tested Zork out. There's definitely a lot of care that was put into this collection that I wish other companies would do for their classic rereleases. Having all the manuals, boxes, coins, and maps there to view is really nice to have. Also making custom buttons for repeated word is a great convenience. Great job here overall.

Trin

How many chapters is it? There were a few 'puzzles' in the demo part, it would be disappointing if I bought it and there are only a few left.

Four chapters in all. Haven't played the demo, but I'm guessing it's the whole first chapter which is very short (little more than a tutorial). It gets much more complex and entertaining from that point. Also only took me a couple hours to go through the whole thing, but it's an exceptional game well worth the price of a hamburger :p

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
So Hundreds is basically Eliss with math?

Yeah, I guess it is similar to Eliss. But I'm finding Hundreds more challenging, and the levels get changed up frequently so it's not always just circles floating around to touch. Some stages require two fingers, for example. I'm currently stuck on a stage where the circles are flying around at high speeds.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Now hang on a second.. Am I seeing this right? Is Wario banned FOR REAL this time? Please someone tell me I'm seeing this wrong. The (lol) is gone from his tag and his nickname is greyed out.

WHAT HAPPENED.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Now hang on a second.. Am I seeing this right? Is Wario banned FOR REAL this time? Please someone tell me I'm seeing this wrong. The (lol) is gone from his tag and his nickname is greyed out.

WHAT HAPPENED.

You're only allowed to be the first poster in 3 threads per week

Adam J.

Man, this Hundreds is super fun. I was expecting Hipster Math Munchers, but it's actually a juicy little puzzler with great mechanics.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I don't know if anyone even plays Temple Run anymore, but some of the achievements aren't working for me (iPhone 5). Some of the really basic ones like collect 100 coins and stuff.

SmokyDave

OMFG Finally! I was stuck on the same mission in Space Agency since yesterday afternoon and I finally understood how to do it and got it in the next 30min. Pheww... I can finally move on the other missions!

I've been trying to dock two re-supply modules this morning. I'm sure I'll crack it before long but my first attempt saw 'em on completely different orbits. I just want to unlock all the large components!

SteveWD40

WHAT HAPPENED.

At a guess, they found out he is a marketing collective / well disguised schill and not just one guy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

It's 4 or 5 big puzzles, the game takes about 3 or 4 hours to complete. Personally, I did not mind the length/price exchange. The game itself was a joy to play and was paced perfectly leaving me very impressed at the end. It was a condensed experience with very little in the way of filler. I don't want more time added just for the sake of it, the game is incredibly well crafted and enjoyable as it is.

There's something really obnoxious and entitled about getting annoyed by a free demo section and umming and ahhing as to whether the rest of the experience is worth some measly pennies. Of course it is! People worked hard on this game, should they not be compensated? I love iOS gaming but Godamn sometimes the community makes me want to pull my hair out.

SmokyDave

I wish Space Agency had an IAP to unlock all the parts. I'm not going to have the patience to keep attempting the Orbital Rendezvous mission, I can feel it in my bones.

Edit: Heh. Cracked it. Next mission looks like a killer though!

Wario is perma'd (lol)

She's pretty upset

Wha? Wonder what happened....

On a positive not I should have my iCade today! Can't wait to mess around with it.

EDIT: Just looked on his twitter and saw why he got banned shouldn't be a perma for that though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Holy crap, he got banned for that? That's some straight up bullshit, I hope he's not perma'd.

Sometimes bans can be very cowardly, some mod gets a bug in his ass and we lose one of our best posters. And they get to do it anonymously, especially when they know a bunch of people will be WTFing about it. Not cool.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
A perma, for that?

Someone else got the axe for stating the same thing too.
Yeah, skimming the thread 4 more people were banned for saying it's too soon for a lttp of that game. Any sort of talk about the worth of a thread is walking on thin ice now that thread whining is bannable.

Holy crap, he got banned for that? That's some straight up bullshit, I hope he's not perma'd.
He said it's a perma on twitter.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Wow. Wario64 perma banned? It's the end if an era if it is permanent . Wario has been banned before though I believe .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom