• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Creative names or standard names?

Either way, It's really hard to tell when I'm quickly switching between loadouts what the difference is between "custom loadout 1" and "custom loadout 4"--the simple option to be able to rename them "crafter medic" or "brawler assault" would make everything a lot easier.

I mean...Call of Duty 4 did it in 2007. Just sayin'.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Patch is up in the EU, but not the map pack. :( Such a tease.

I guess I should go back to sleep then..
oCe4G.gif

FlipWilson

Neo Member
always wanted to ask this: how on earth did those top players manage to get 512 clan members? I can bearly manage 90(96 being my highest...would've gotten to 100 but the damn fireflies had to attack -_-)

There's a checkmark next to Customization indicating that there's something new there, but there isn't. I just bought a Season Pass and downloaded the new maps today, but don't see anything new. Dunno what's going on.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
There's a checkmark next to Customization indicating that there's something new there, but there isn't. I just bought a Season Pass and downloaded the new maps today, but don't see anything new. Dunno what's going on.
They announced that season pass holders would be getting some customization either today or shortly thereafter. I wouldn't be surprised if the hooks are already in place and they just haven't unlocked the items yet.

Edit: I just launched the game (still haven't bought the pass though) and I automatically got 3 new hats.

Dibbz

Damn I've been away from TLoU for ages and I go through such a love hate with it. Hated it first, then grew to enjoy it then hated it, now I love it. It really helps that you can select a no parties mode and people seem to understand what they are doing now, although you still get some tossers that do no revive.

One thing that I do hate though is the texture pop in at the start of a round. Why not just take some extra load time to hide it? :|

Roflobear

That's weird. Just checked my game and there's no exclamation point. Maybe you have part of an emblem logo unlocked or something?

Great job on these, thanks! I really like how vertical some of these maps get. I spotted a number of great places to stash nail bomb traps too. I think Suburbs piqued my interest the most, followed by Bookstore.

The new maps seem really good from the little I have played, but I have been away from this game too long and wasn't really enjoying the game play. I am happy to support a developer like ND, but I don't think this will be enough to bring me back into the MP.

ksdixon

I don't even remember Bus Deport or Homeland from the campaign. Those areas look completely foreign to me. Although to be honest I don't recall that specific area of 'The Dam' from the campagin either, so I'm guessing the multiplayer maps are in the surrounding areas that we can't get-to in the campaign.

The Hotel and Hospital/FireFly HQ would make for awesome maps in my opinion.

I don't even remember Bus Deport or Homeland from the campaign. Those areas look completely foreign to me. Although to be honest I don't recall that specific area of 'The Dam' from the campagin either, so I'm guessing the multiplayer maps are in the surrounding areas that we can't get-to in the campaign.

The Hotel and Hospital/FireFly HQ would make for awesome maps in my opinion.

Hometown I thought was a nod to the town square area from the game's Intro, or at least back in Texas.

Bus Depot
is from Spring. They pass through it on the way to the "Giraffe" scene.

The Dam is half & half.
The top area of the dam you walk through with Tommy on your initial visit, before heading inside to look at the power generators. The other parts are new.

Jinjo

Maps are up in the EU now!

Also, why are there unlock requirements for hats that you get with the season pass/have to buy? Or are the few new ones I saw for everyone?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I liked the maps, what I played of them.

I think I hit each one at least once. Also, new patch changes were good. I don't know if this is something I will play much, but it is always fun with gaffers.

GG's dudes.

Is there a date or something you have to buy the Season Pass before in order to get it, or is it like Borderlands 2 where it's available all the time?

how do you get kicked from a game?

i was having a really good game the other day and just towards the end i was "kicked" losing all my gainz

different message from losing connection to host or whatever

always wanted to ask this: how on earth did those top players manage to get 512 clan members? I can bearly manage 90(96 being my highest...would've gotten to 100 but the damn fireflies had to attack -_-)

holy shit i never checked that.. thats crazy

they must be getting an insane number of parts per game

collector 2 perk and increased earnings bonuses?

revive 3 and heal 3?

i have no idea.. ive never gone above 120 or so

Hows the community doing? Played the hell out of this over the summer, but stopped before they released that first patch with the new mode. Still alot of people playing?

Dibbz

Is there a date or something you have to buy the Season Pass before in order to get it, or is it like Borderlands 2 where it's available all the time?

I'd like to know this to. Uncharted's Season pass disappeared once the DLC started to come out. I'm ready to pick up the season pass now if it's not going to stick around.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The Season Pass is a limited time offer.

You can buy the Abandoned Territories Map Pack for $9.99 stand-alone or, if you’re looking for a great value, the map pack is included in the $19.99 The Last of Us Season Pass. We recently detailed our future plans for all Season Pass DLC and the 75% savings you’ll get by purchasing one. The Season Pass will be available for a limited time so grab it via the PlayStation Store or at your local game retailer today.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/15/the-last-of-us-first-dlc-out-today-livestream-today/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I am terrible at this game... lol.

Fine in a support MEDIC!!! role, but if the team needs carrying... I'm not that guy.

I'd like to know this to. Uncharted's Season pass disappeared once the DLC started to come out. I'm ready to pick up the season pass now if it's not going to stick around.

Well, I got this from the official Playstation Blog post.

The Season Pass is absolutely the cheapest way to go. We will be giving out details about the SP DLC and the next MP DLC in the future before the Season Pass goes away.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, thanks for the link. Those sound awesome; should offer some nice variation to existing gameplay. This is the first time I've ever been excited for a map pack.

Weird question, but does anyone have any idea if these will go up on Japanese PSN, or if the pack will be universal? I don't know if my JPN version of the game came with a season pass, but I definitely don't wanna drop a tenner on something that won't work.

I'm probably the only weirdo here playing on a JPN copy, but can confirm that the pack is up on the store for 1000yen. Not sure how the season pass works though. Gonna have a look at the store options through the main menu tonight.

Stratostar

Anyone else getting bombarded with Molotovs after the patch? It seems like they can be crafted with less items now. I frequently find myself carrying 3 of them; before the patch this was almost never the case. Anyway, they're way too easily attainable now, and it's pretty annoying, especially on the smaller maps.

Anyone else getting bombarded with Molotovs after the patch? It seems like they can be crafted with less items now. I frequently find myself carrying 3 of them; before the patch this was almost never the case. Anyway, they're way too easily attainable now, and it's pretty annoying, especially on the smaller maps.

Played Survivors where we were down constantly, yet the enemy kept having molotovs. Definitely seems way more common it feels, and that shouldn't be the case.

pantsmith

I wish there was a no parties list for the dlc maps. I can't stand getting matched against a full war party and getting steamrolled

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there was a no parties list for the dlc maps. I can't stand getting matched against a full war party and getting steamrolled

Buh? Are they their own separate "mode" or something? I thought you could chose the No Parties option for any game mode and then it would just cycle the new maps in.

gibration

I do see them quite often but I don't really have much of a problem with it. They can be easily avoidable for the most part. I think it would probably be best if they'd decrease on supplies that make explosives in general.

Top Bottom