• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Jinjo

So does anyone know which customization pieces are new that came with the pass or map pack?

I don't think the season pass ones have been made available yet. The few that have now (skimask, los muertos mask, firefly helm etc.) just seem unlocks for everyone. Would be a bit weird to have to buy just the ability to unlock new items (which require an insane amount of play too). Hope the new hats from the season pass get added soon.

Dibbz

I'm raging so much. Just go to 12 weeks had the 100% risk of Clan loss and choose molotovs since they only needed 6 max. 3 games and the fucking shit game decides to not give me the supplies for what I need to make them. Manged to only make 3 or so in that entire time and got 1 kill. Partly my fault for missing those few shots I had but god damn the boxes were not ever respawning after a certain point.

NeoGiff

I'm raging so much. Just go to 12 weeks had the 100% risk of Clan loss and choose molotovs since they only needed 6 max. 3 games and the fucking shit game decides to not give me the supplies for what I need to make them. Manged to only make 3 or so in that entire time and got 1 kill. Partly my fault for missing those few shots I had but god damn the boxes were not ever respawning after a certain point.

ALWAYS save the healing missions for 100% risks, it becomes trivial. Marking enemies is incredibly easy, too.

Sajjaja

Tempted to jump back in the multiplayer. Are there still a lot of people playing now that the DLC is out? How is the balancing/bugs now? I might bite on the season pass too.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
ALWAYS save the healing missions for 100% risks, it becomes trivial. Marking enemies is incredibly easy, too.

Haha, yeah Healing is the way to go for 100% risk. I find that if I choose Marking at a crucial time, everyone and their mum magically have Covert Training III equipped xD

gibration

GGs Somnium986, GAFRadioHeadAche, and Bioshock! We were absolutely destroying everyone tonight in Interrogation. Countless wins under 3 minutes led to so much salt from our opponents. lol
Tempted to jump back in the multiplayer. Are there still a lot of people playing now that the DLC is out? How is the balancing/bugs now? I might bite on the season pass too.

There's no population counter but matchmaking is fast so i'd assume there's a lot of people playing. Balance is fine and I haven't ran into any bugs in a while. The biggest issue with most is that it gives you too many supplies to craft explosives. It can be annoying when everyone is constantly throwing grenades and molotovs.

Sajjaja

GGs Somnium986, GAFRadioHeadAche, and Bioshock! We were absolutely destroying everyone tonight in Interrogation. Countless wins under 3 minutes led to so much salt from our opponents. lol

There's no population counter but matchmaking is fast so i'd assume there's a lot of people playing. Balance is fine and I haven't ran into any bugs in a while. The biggest issue with most is that it gives you too many supplies to craft explosives. It can be annoying when everyone is constantly throwing grenades and molotovs.

The DLC worth it? The default maps got old pretty fast.

GGs bamf, RadioHeadAche, im24hrsfrmgr8tns, and of course teh Kittonz. Continuing the steamroll in interrogation. Well aside from one frustrating tie game.

Really liking the new maps except for Bookstore. Needs to be more open topside IMO.

Dart

GENERAL RULES:
  • Best of 3 Format
  • Interrogation and Supply Raid modes
  • Teams will have 3 days each week to complete matches (Friday-Sunday)
  • No Molotovs
  • No Purchasables

No Survivor? molotovs? booo

NeoGiff

Ok, I'm definitely in on this. If there's still space in the tournament, is anyone willing to create a team?

PSN handle is Spiffy_Giffy.

I'm going to bed now, but if anyone is up for it, count me in and go ahead and sign me up as part of a team.

gibration

The tournament's been expanded to 64 teams but it's already full. Bah, I wish I knew about this sooner. Would've been cool to represent GAF.

AKyemeni

New Nightmare Bundle Out tomorrow!

These nine gnarly masks and helmets can be downloaded for free if you buy The Last of Us Season Pass. If you still haven’t purchased a Season Pass, get it now as you’ll be savings over 75% versus buying all DLC individually. If you don’t want to buy individual items or the Season Pass, these Nightmare head items are also part of a bundle. If you want the Nightmare Mask for your character they’ll only be able to wear it if you have a Season Pass or purchase the Nightmare Bundle. In other words, the Nightmare Mask is exclusive to the Nightmare Bundle and Season Pass holders.

10679360216_2817365cbd_n.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-nightmare-bundle-out-tomorrow/

kitanii

Banned
PAL-user here. Is it possible to play with users from different regions? I.E. the US for example? Might get myself a NTSC-copy just to get rid of the censored mp component (thank god the sp is untouched) either way.

Welp, I'm officially addicted to this game. By far the best multiplayer of the generation for me, even beating out Warhawk. Buying the season pass today for sure.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
PAL-user here. Is it possible to play with users from different regions? I.E. the US for example? Might get myself a NTSC-copy just to get rid of the censored mp component (thank god the sp is untouched) either way.

theres no region lock, however the lobby system prefers to throw you in matches with people from your region (i.e. most likely with good ping etc.). No worries though, you'll still meet players from around the globe

Melfice7

So whats up with this? i only died once as proved by my friends darksharingan pic, yet on my scoreboard i died 3 times and it did count as 3 deaths on leaderboard D:

4Y8Oeoo.jpg

rNfKHKI.jpg

tahsutify

My problem with the multiplayer is that pretty much all players are terrible. For the last few months I don't open chests, always stand up, never run away even 1 to 4, and pretty much always win (though my statistics went to shit a bit). There was a game a few weeks ago and we were two people against four. The other guy in my team never killed anybody, no down either. It was a draw. We could have won but they were throwing molotovs all over the place, it is very difficult to escape from that. Otherwise, mp of the generation.

My problem with the multiplayer is that pretty much all players are terrible. For the last few months I don't open chests, always stand up, never run away even 1 to 4, and pretty much always win (though my statistics went to shit a bit). There was a game a few weeks ago and we were two people against four. The other guy in my team never killed anybody, no down either. It was a draw. We could have won but they were throwing molotovs all over the place, it is very difficult to escape from that. Otherwise, mp of the generation.

Try playing the DLC playlist more(if you have it, if not get it!). Competitiveness is definitely a step above from what you get in the non-dlc ones.

My only gripe is why aren't there more modes!!? Seriously, why not 1v1? 2v2's? the 3 modes we have now can get old, fast. I'd also like a social unranked playlist so I can more easily experiment with new builds without having to worry about the meta game.

Top Bottom