• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Jeramii

Banned
Yeah. A bit bummed I had to get offline for the night... But sleep awaits me.

A very fun night indeed! You guys feel free to add me on PSN.

4v4 GAF was a riot GG to all.

You're damn right we have.

image.php

HiiiLife

it's easier to just run into a bomb, or just draw attention to yourself by zero cover whatsoever. if you know you're alone or in a safe'ish area it's not a problem. better to take your time, especially around corners.

Got it. I've definitely ran into my fair share of bombs laying around. Made the dumb mistake of marking a bomb, seeing an enemy player by jt and proceeding to down him. I then went towards him for my execution while completely forgetting about the bomb that I marked. That shit sucked.

First time through the game is in progress. Story is really well done. I think the sound design is one of my favorite parts of this game.

Getting quite frustrated in the "dudes-everywhere" type scenarios that result in me dying over and over again to cheap ass one hit kill clickers. Restarting for the 15th time breaks the immersion.

I think you're on the wrong side of town my friend.

Gaz_RB

First time through the game is in progress. Story is really well done. I think the sound design is one of my favorite parts of this game.

Getting quite frustrated in the "dudes-everywhere" type scenarios that result in me dying over and over again to cheap ass one hit kill clickers. Restarting for the 15th time breaks the immersion.

You should communicate with your team more

I'll add some people tomorrow. I can already tell what this month will be dedicated to. I just need to learn the maps and unlock some things.

and if anyone wants to add me fell free PSN(US): LordCastamere

Jinjo

Got it. I've definitely ran into my fair share of bombs laying around. Made the dumb mistake of marking a bomb, seeing an enemy player by jt and proceeding to down him. I then went towards him for my execution while completely forgetting about the bomb that I marked. That shit sucked.

If you shoot an enemy bomb while they are near it they get damaged by their own bomb. Very nice way of getting downs or executions, turn their own placed bombs against them. Get an angle on the bomb only and you can get some very nice/sneaky downs around corners when they think they are safe lol.

When I am healing someone do they get a notification that they are being healed? Soooo many times i'm healing people and they whip out a medkit and start healing themselves lol.

When I am healing someone do they get a notification that they are being healed? Soooo many times i'm healing people and they whip out a medkit and start healing themselves lol.

Yes but newer players don't understand. Sometimes I heal myself because I can heal myself a lot faster than some people can heal me.

Yes but newer players don't understand. Sometimes I heal myself because I can heal myself a lot faster than some people can heal me.

Ah right, yeah true. Just seems to happen all the time and I refuse to believe everybody I attempt to heal is rolling the faster medikit use perk :D

I Discovered the Shorty pistol/shotgun last night. Great gun, not going back to the Revolver again :D

Playing on University last night.
Picked up supply drop next to the fountain
Go into my craft menu, ooh shiv or bomb?...Shiv or bo.....LOOK!!! An Enemy.
I hide in the fountian waiting for him to approach the supply drop.
Luring him into my trap.
He stops.
I throw a smoke bomb
I vault over my cover.
The smoke goes up, he is stunned
I sprint towards him.
I look him dead in the eyes
It is at that moment i realise............I never ACTUALLY crafted that shiv
He regains composure, looks pissed.
He has a stick with scissors taped to the top.
The End.

This happend TWICE last night. I need to stop playing into the early hours.

Ah right, yeah true. Just seems to happen all the time and I refuse to believe everybody I attempt to heal is rolling the faster medikit use perk :D

I Discovered the Shorty pistol/shotgun last night. Great gun, not going back to the Revolver again :D
You still receive parts for healing them if they do that, anyway.

this has been one of my gripes forever

theres no notification that someone is healing you if you are using a health pack

holy shit that looks smooth

do ps4 and ps3 people play against each other ??

i only have ps3

DigiMish

So I had the seasons pass for the PS3 version, but I'm missing some hats like the country ones... so then I downloaded them using the store on PC. They even show up as installed under the game's add on content, but the game still won't let me select them because it thinks I don't have them.

What gives?

this has been one of my gripes forever

theres no notification that someone is healing you if you are using a health pack

holy shit that looks smooth

do ps4 and ps3 people play against each other ??

i only have ps3

No cross-gen play, sadly. I'm a regular on ps3 and all the people I used to play with upgraded.

RedAssedApe

Banned
man I'm very terrible at this game. all i could do is laugh the first time i was trying to shoot someone from cover and he casually stepped out from his cover and tossed a molotov and instal-killed me lol at least i was starting to feel like i was learning how to play the game by the end of my session.

not used to the crafting and ammo scarcity. what stock load out do you guys recommend for someone starting out?

Garland7G

man I'm very terrible at this game. all i could do is laugh the first time i was trying to shoot someone from cover and he casually stepped out from his cover and tossed a molotov and instal-killed me lol at least i was starting to feel like i was learning how to play the game by the end of my session.

not used to the crafting and ammo scarcity. what stock load out do you guys recommend for someone starting out?

I used onslaught or rainmaker, it depends on your playstyle really.
And some of those default loadouts contain dlc abilities.

Guys, is there any correlation between the currency you spend during a match and the amount that you convert at the end? Like an 'opportunity cost' sort of thing? Or should I just spend up?

Garland7G

Ah, awesome. Cheers, dude. Makes me feel a bit better about accidentally buying ammo every time I've died :).

Now I've got to reevaluate having a Purchasable in my load out...

I thought the same until I happen to figure it out. But the first few matches I didn't buy shit, now I need to plan out what to buy ;)

Footos22

Can some of you fine chaps add me please

PSN: Footos22

I played with a lot of randoms last night, we won everything but sometimes its frustrating when they go all Rambo.

Cheers

Going to be rolling tonight around 7-8pm EST. I've already added many of you from the Google Doc. Somebody want to get a GAF v GAF game going around that time?

Top Bottom