• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Jamesways

This took a while for me to get into, but man, I can't stop playing it and thinking about it now. I really hope they do make a great rendition of this in movie form.

Just finished Summer last night and was not expected that outcome of events at all.

Also, learning the main theme on guitar, good stuff!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The
Angel Knives imaginary game
in Left Behind was such a great idea, loved it. I wish we could've gotten more great little episodes like this.

Hugstable

Banned
I had that happen to me a couple of times. I jotted down a note of which collectible I missed, and then after I beat the game I went back to chapter select and got each one (not in new game +).

So if I continued from a new chapter in teh chapter section it states up top that it's a new game, will I end up losing my ability to get the achievements at the end even if I don't change my difficulty. I'm playing on Hard and restarted on Hard and really want the achievements at the end.

ElDiablo90x

Neo Member
Is anyone else getting the error code CE-34878-0 when playing TLOU? I'm stuck at the part where I am
getting chased by the humvee near the bridge
and it always gets to that error straight after.

Alright! Enough with all the chatter! "Last of Us THIS, Last of Us THAT, wha wha wha"

I've bought it! You happy!?!?

78eac78e61bdd84eac86505e7acf191440dc811fd50383aef7381c98c5bb2230.jpg

Tek

I'm wondering if someone can tell me how far into the game I'm at, I'm really enjoying it and not looking forward to it ending yet.

I just met up with the black guy and his little brother, getting close to the bridge

I'm wondering if someone can tell me how far into the game I'm at, I'm really enjoying it and not looking forward to it ending yet.

I just met up with the black guy and his little brother, getting close to the bridge

About halfway. Don't worry; there's still plenty more.

I took a screenshot of what a single shot from an upgraded shotgun can do just for you. Disemboweled and double dismemberment. This is the only game where I don't find the gore and the violence fun. It's unsettling and realistic, which is perfect for the tone and setting.

ib2xFWM1U9BArM.jpg

Not to mention the sound. I mean it makes sense that the sound of someones brains splattering should be unsettling.

Ferr986

Alright! Enough with all the chatter! "Last of Us THIS, Last of Us THAT, wha wha wha"

I've bought it! You happy!?!?

haha. Thats the reason I bought it too.

So far Im enjoying it, first hour is a little boring but its getting better everytime I playi it.
Not GOTY material for me but mind you, I usually hate these kind of games, so yeah, I guess this game is gud.

kubus

So if I continued from a new chapter in teh chapter section it states up top that it's a new game, will I end up losing my ability to get the achievements at the end even if I don't change my difficulty. I'm playing on Hard and restarted on Hard and really want the achievements at the end.
You should be fine. In the chapter menu it shows on which dificulty you've beaten each chapter.

You want to grab a collectible you missed right? You could also choose the chapter from the menu, press Back when it asks you which save to overwrite and then when it asks you if you want to play without saving choose Yes. Play the chapter until you grab the item you missed and quit to the menu. The item will should be registered now and you can continue where you left of in the story without losing any progress. You can do this anytime in the game to collect stuff you missed, even when you've beaten the game and before you start New Game+.

Achievements should be fine this way.

Source: I did this and it worked

I've been playing on Survival +. It's my first time through the game on anything higher than Hard. So far I'm not finding it to be too much more challenging than Hard, particularly because I know what to expect. However, I am occasionally running into encounters with enemies where I sneak up behind them and they see me. No matter if I am pushing the stick lightly, approach them directly from the back, or swing around from different angles, they always see me. It's become a very frustrating thing for me and lends itself to the glitches of this version. I just had an invisible wall in
the museum
that allowed for me to see the skybox and clip through other walls.

Vhalyar

Is it normal that voices easily become almost impossible to hear depending on where Joel is looking?

I'm using a 2.0 setup, game is configured so, and often if a character is standing behind Joel I'll get anything from proper sound to an inaudible whisper. it's driving me mad and I had to turn on the subtitles as otherwise I'd be missing most of the dialogues while exploring. There was one particular room where two characters were talking to Joel, and one of them was silent because he/she was standing at what I guess the game considers a cursed angle.

Hugstable

Banned
You should be fine. In the chapter menu it shows on which dificulty you've beaten each chapter.

You want to grab a collectible you missed right? You could also choose the chapter from the menu, press Back when it asks you which save to overwrite and then when it asks you if you want to play without saving choose Yes. Play the chapter until you grab the item you missed and quit to the menu. The item will should be registered now and you can continue where you left of in the story without losing any progress. You can do this anytime in the game to collect stuff you missed, even when you've beaten the game and before you start New Game+.

Achievements should be fine this way.

Source: I did this and it worked

Thank you so much! Went back to grab what I missed and can now continue my game without worry of messing up the beat the game on hard difficulty achievemnt!

IconGrist

Anyone else's PS4 get really damn loud (fans going nuts) while playing this? Only game my PS4 does this with. Everything else they stay at a soft hum.

Vidpixel

I can finally say that I completed The Last of Us (Hard difficulty), and I absolutely loved it. One of the most interesting endings to a game I've played.

Anyone else's PS4 get really damn loud (fans going nuts) while playing this? Only game my PS4 does this with. Everything else they stay at a soft hum.

They kick up, but they don't make as much noise as they did when I played Killzone....or Tomb Raider for that matter.

Just as loud as Killzone for me. I make sure it's in an open area when I'm playing for sure. When using the UI, I don't worry as much.

kubus

I thought for sure I checked. Under bonus content or options?
IIRC there's only commentary for cutscenes, not during the game. Go to the cinematics gallery under Bonus content and you can toggle commentary on and off (not sure if you need to beat the game first for the option to appear)

Thank you so much! Went back to grab what I missed and can now continue my game without worry of messing up the beat the game on hard difficulty achievemnt!
Glad it worked!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was nearing the end of the game and just got the gold headset today.

HoLY SHIT NEOGAF WHAT THE FUCK

I was right before the giraffe scene, and just did the whole tunnel full of infected. The guns pack so much more punch, the bloater bombs made me jump damn near every time they hit, and ellie shooting her gun kept taking me by surprise. And the music at the giraffe scene stood out so much more.

Jeez, replaying the game again with these on will change it up a lot.

Cloudy

Banned
Also Ellie is hilarious in her little comments she makes, after a blody kill "Jesus Joel!!!" or "Oh man" that "Oh man" is fucking hilarious IMO, adds a lot to her personality

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

IIRC there's only commentary for cutscenes, not during the game. Go to the cinematics gallery under Bonus content and you can toggle commentary on and off (not sure if you need to beat the game first for the option to appear)

Oh, so this doesn't happen during the game while the cutscene is running?....awww I'm kind of disappointed. :(

Gator86

Im 9 hours in, got the
Shorty
, I can safely say this game has the most satisfying gunplay feedback in any third person shoter ever, gibs + backwards after a point blank shot, the mess it makes, the sound, god damn.

Also Ellie is hilarious in her little comments she makes, after a blody kill "Jesus Joel!!!" or "Oh man" that "Oh man" is fucking hilarious IMO, adds a lot to her personality.

It's all the little things that help make Ellie such a ridiculously fantastic and real character. I just don't think any game out there comes close to creating characters on the Last of Us' level. It doesn't hurt that the voice acting is astoundingly good either.

Liamc723

If I go through the game on Grounded + after finishing it the first time on Hard, will I get the trophies for original Survivor and original Grounded upon completion of the Grounded + play through?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Its a small thing, but I am thankful for the PS4 headphone jack since I can now listen to all those guitar twangs. Mmm those delicious guitar twangs. The sound design in this game is really good, I never noticed it through the speakers.

Krakatoa

Smoke bombs and Molotov's, have saved my ass a few times.

This game is fantastic!! Thanks NaughtyDog for bringing it to the PS4 for those who missed it on the PS3.

Greenzxy

I took a screenshot of what a single shot from an upgraded shotgun can do just for you. Disemboweled and double dismemberment. This is the only game where I don't find the gore and the violence fun. It's unsettling and realistic, which is perfect for the tone and setting.

ib2xFWM1U9BArM.jpg

Whoa, is that a clicker, or is that...an actually person?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just finished it, what a game. Trying to decide if I have time to play Left behind tonight as I wanna play it in one sitting. Could anyone tell me roughly how long it is and/or equate it to a section from the main game? I like to search everywhere if that makes a difference.

kubus

Just finished it, what a game. Trying to decide if I have time to play Left behind tonight as I wanna play it in one sitting. Could anyone tell me roughly how long it is and/or equate it to a section from the main game? I like to search everywhere if that makes a difference.
It's about 2-3 hours long so it can be easily done in one sitting. It's so good though, enjoy!

Top Bottom