• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Gu4n

Gearing up to play SC and I have a question about the ending to FC:

FC Ending Spoilers

Did Joshua remember his prior history the entire time or did Alba just unlock them when he met Joshua at the end of the game?
The latter. To be more exactly,
Joshua had been under the impression believing he had been sent out to assassinate Cassius and failed, whereas Weissmann (Alba) reveals that he truly was sent out to spy on Cassius Bright and submit intel to representatives of the Society. They probably knew he was not capable of defeating an S rank bracer. Weissmann truly has a way with... minds.

The latter. To be more exactly,
Joshua had been under the impression believing he had been sent out to assassinate Cassius and failed, whereas Weissmann (Alba) reveals that he truly was sent out to spy on Cassius Bright and submit intel to representatives of the Society. They probably knew he was not capable of defeating an S rank bracer. Weissmann truly has a way with... minds.

So he remembered his time as an assassin up to and including trying to kill Cassius but he had no memory of his spying activities while staying with the Brights?

Also, how old are Joshua and Estelle supposed to be? It's been a long time since I started the game. 14 or 15?

So he remembered his time as an assassin up to and including trying to kill Cassius but he had no memory of his spying activities while staying with the Brights?

Also, how old are Joshua and Estelle supposed to be? It's been a long time since I started the game. 14 or 15?

He remembers
being an assassin, but specific memories about the members of the organisation, details, etc were all blocked off.

Gu4n

Both are 16. That means
it's clear how young Joshua was when he was sent out as a spy (11), meaning he was even younger when he started his training at Ouroboros (9).

Famassu

I just noticed how similar that tingly, pumped up feeling that you get in certain situations is with these Kiseki games and the Ace Attorney franchise.

I mean, hearing this and usually the scenes associated with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1miii690HKE

gives you that FUCK YEEEEAAAAH! feeling like something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aw7kxvyEEA

in the Ace Attorney games. And even though the gameplay itself is very different, the overall structure is kinda similar. Getting into a new town/chapter in TitS and starting a new chapter in AA games feels somewhat similar in how it can start kinda slowly & takes time to build up into something more intense. And while the exploration/investigation isn't the most exciting thing ever, the fun, well written characters & their interactions carries you through some of the tedium. And all the connections & overarching themes/storylines throughout the games in both franchises feel very rewarding to follow.

Would be interesting to see how much overlap there is with people who adore the Kiseki & Ace Attorney games.

Skinpop

If I recall correctly, searching the title on EU PSN doesn't pull this up for some reason; you have to go through the new release section manually.

still can't find it. I'm in sweden but that shouldn't matter right?

edit:
alright I'll use that link. it's a travesty the game doesn't show up on the vita ps-store. I wonder how many sales they've lost thanks to that.

asagami_

Banned
Chapter 7 spoilers

I found Renne fight too easy. Well, she is actually crazy to use her S-Craft at the start of the fight and slaughter all my party, but thank god I always save before the battles, so I decided wear some Skull Pendant to prevent the instant-kill. Add that Joshua's Black Fang is so broken when there are many minion enemies and that help me on focus on her :p

epmode

Is it possible to stream to my Xbox One via the PC?

It certainly would be useful but I don't think this it's possible. You can stream Xbox One content to a PC though.

I like the Link. It's not perfect but Valve has been patching the hell out of it. It works particularly well with a Steam controller.

Chapter 7 spoilers

I found Renne fight too easy. Well, she is actually crazy to use her S-Craft at the start of the fight and slaughter all my party, but thank god I always save before the battles, so I decided wear some Skull Pendant to prevent the instant-kill. Add that Joshua's Black Fang is so broken when there are many minion enemies and that help me on focus on her :p
You got slaughtered the first time though, and that's what counts! :p

hohoXD123

After chapter 8 Olivier is actually one of my favourite characters, along with Estelle ofc. Love how they make an initially comic relief character like him into a genuinely interesting one over the course of the two games.

After chapter 8 Olivier is actually one of my favourite characters, along with Estelle ofc. Love how they make an initially comic relief character like him into a genuinely interesting one over the course of the two games.

Yup!

One of the most interesting characters ever. Cant wait to see how his role expands going forward

It certainly would be useful but I don't think this it's possible. You can stream Xbox One content to a PC though.

I like the Link. It's not perfect but Valve has been patching the hell out of it. It works particularly well with a Steam controller.

I'm seriously considering getting a Xbox One wireless adapter for the PC and getting a Steam link.

DodgeDusk

Final chapter spoilers:
So, I'm fighting Loewe and the two Riot Sabers, and I'm wondering how you're supposed to do this fight without lowering the difficulty. In short, I'm completely stumped. Anybody have any suggestions/advice, and do I miss out on anything if I do lower the difficulty? I don't think I've struggled with a boss this much in this game outside of the Flame Velgrs in Chapter 3

I'm playing on Hard mode, by the way. I'm using Agate and Tita, though I am willing to swap them out if need be. The two of them plus Estelle and Joshua are all level 87

Final chapter spoilers:
So, I'm fighting Loewe and the two Riot Sabers, and I'm wondering how you're supposed to do this fight without lowering the difficulty. In short, I'm completely stumped. Anybody have any suggestions/advice, and do I miss out on anything if I do lower the difficulty? I don't think I've struggled with a boss this much in this game outside of the Flame Velgrs in Chapter 3

I'm playing on Hard mode, by the way. I'm using Agate and Tita, though I am willing to swap them out if need be. The two of them plus Estelle and Joshua are all level 87

Easy mode. Bring Kevin. Give him Time Quartz, Silver, GOLD, And enough earth for the aoe immunity. Give him gladiator belt and grail locket. Now watch as your team never takes damage as you have plenty of immunity casts and s-breaks to basically negate all damage. Gladiator Vlet on kevin isnt really required. The Time gem is the key. Onyec gem doesnt hurt either.

Bladenic

Final chapter spoilers:

Christ swipe that useless trash Tita for an actually useful character, like Kevin as suggested above.

Otherwise, buff your speed, use Clock Down on the boss, and S-Craft Criticals.

DodgeDusk

Christ swipe that useless trash Tita for an actually useful character, like Kevin as suggested above.

Otherwise, buff your speed, use Clock Down on the boss, and S-Craft Criticals.
Well, I wouldn't exactly call Tita useless--Vital Cannon 2 alone has made her useful for me. But yes, I've swapped her out for Kevin, and I'm surviving for far longer compared to my previous attempts. Thanks for the Kevin suggestion, you two

Erheller

Well, I wouldn't exactly call Tita useless--Vital Cannon 2 alone has made her useful for me. But yes, I've swapped her out for Kevin, and I'm surviving for far longer compared to my previous attempts. Thanks for the Kevin suggestion, you two
Got any Zeram Powder/Capsules (I think that's what they're called, they're the ones that restore 100/200 CP)? If you need an emergency shield have Kevin pop one and use his S-Craft.

Personally, I won by having Kloe and Olivier repeatedly cast Death Scream to kill the two mobs and using Kloe's S-Craft if I needed heals/revives.

omgfloofy

Banned
I would say that if you want Tita in endgame stuff like that, you will need to really work with her evasion-wise. I'm playing 3rd on Nightmare at the moment, and that's the ONLY way she's usable at my point of the game. (I'm still in the beginning. It's slow going.)

Besides, taking Kevin to that fight will also give you a nice reward, lore-wise.

jschreier

Just finished. Stellar game. Even though
Joshua and Estelle still creep me out. They're brother and sister damnit.

Is there any extra story stuff for getting max BP? And if so, anyone have a youtube link?

Is there any extra story stuff for getting max BP? And if so, anyone have a youtube link?

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.
Looking forward to seeing you get creeped out more in various games in the franchise.

And no, aside from Estelle's proclamation of her Bracer rank at the gate to you know who.

You want more story stuff, wait for 3rd.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Endless History is doing weekly video translation of the stuff that was revealed in 3rd for those impatient ones or those who have no faith.

I'm looking forward to see people get to watch Star Door 14~

Yeah, I've watched the two so far. I was actually a bit let down by the last one after floofy mentioned it shook her so much. Interesting nonetheless, it was something I was immediately curious about at the end of SC, and I'm interested in seeing how that is going to play a role going forward.

Yeah, I've watched the two so far. I was actually a bit let down by the last one after floofy mentioned it shook her so much. Interesting nonetheless, it was something I was immediately curious about at the end of SC, and I'm interested in seeing how that is going to play a role going forward.

I don't know if THAT scene will be translated, but there is one very powerful scene in 3rd that IMO is definitely above and beyond all else.

omgfloofy

Banned

It's the implication and I actually dislike writing about that much death and destruction. It sometimes hits a little close to home- especially considering this past weekend. (The F4 tornado that hit Dallas hit about 15-20 minutes from me.) I never ever feel good writing about that kind of thing, so I felt so drained after editing each section of it, and had to take a lot of breaks on it.

Then it's the last portion of it that makes me very uncomfortable.

Spoilers for the Door, which also delve into post-SC spoilers:
Especially when you realize who the two authors are. The first part being Weissman himself, and the second being Kevin. Weissman didn't want to weaponize the pillar, whereas Kevin absolutely did as soon as he had the opportunity.

I don't know if THAT scene will be translated, but there is one very powerful scene in 3rd that IMO is definitely above and beyond all else.

Which one? The one from 14? Or is it something else?

Gu4n

In addition to what omgfloofy stated above, there's also the implication
that resurrection in any sort is a possibility in the world of Kiseki. We now know that Weissmann has no chance on resurrection, but if Ouroboros is in the possession of that technology, will we ever see the return of Leonhardt?

Did I mix up the door numbers?

I was referring to "Paradise." 14 was "Project" if I'm not wrong.

Granted, the former
isn't something that is relevant to Cold Steel, but only in Zero.
No, you're right. And that's also the reason we're not having the former on Translation Tuesday whereas I just finished editing the latter.

Joshua wanted to tap that since the first time they met, he even went so far as to change his last name back to what it originally was to make it happen :p

Dio

Banned
Joshua wanted to tap that since the first time they met, he even went so far as to change his last name back to what it originally was to make it happen :p

More end spoilers
Plus, it's
only been five years since they met. Sure, they may have lived together and Estelle said straight up that she 'tried' to be a sister but it didn't end up working out. I don't think it's all that weird since they didn't actually spend their early childhood together.

omgfloofy

Banned
No, you're right. And that's also the reason we're not having the former on Translation Tuesday whereas I just finished editing the latter.

Yeah, it was right. My bad. xD

Also, it may be on the books to eventually do it, but it's not a priority. I'm trying to learn some text tricks with Aegisub (Translation Tuesday is my first experience using it) to properly portray the text as it was in the door's events.

Means learning karaoke effects, I suppose. nooooo

We're also getting into some doors where I can't easily put the English text alongside the Japanese, and will need to start covering up text. Which I had to do in the last one.

DodgeDusk

Well, I finished the game! Kevin worked out; I beat the boss I was struggling with on my first go today,
and then the next four fights happened. Hot damn, that took a while. Managed to defeat Weissman and his two transformations on my first go, though

And now, the wait for the third game begins

Well, I finished the game! Kevin worked out; I beat the boss I was struggling with on my first go today,
and then the next four fights happened. Hot damn, that took a while. Managed to defeat Weissman and his two transformations on my first go, though

And now, the wait for the third game begins

Pick up Cold Steel is pretty great

Hikami

Finished Chapter 1

I love this game. I was getting pretty bored in the prologue but this chapter got me right back into what I love about this series. Getting to see all these familiar places and characters again made me so happy. The ghost hunting stuff was fun as heck too.

Einhander

End of Chapter 1 spoilers

The confrontation with the Enforcer, Bleublanc, was awesome. The music that was playing while you were confronting him was wicked. I loved the guitar. It was intense. The mechanical centaur boss was a tough bastard. It look me awhile to beat it.

Marow

I realize this might be seen as offtopic as it's more related to XSEED than the games themselves, but I really cannot help but wonder why they haven't created a bundle for both FC and SC. And, you know, another one for the Ys games.

Wouldn't that increase visibility? Or do they just don't want to have a lower bundle price? I mean, a bundle would be easier to market, right?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Could be that they are waiting until SC has been out for a while before making a bundle. Or maybe they haven't gotten approval from Falcom to sell a bundle?

Jolkien

Just finished FC and guys.... where was I before instead of having played that. It was such a good game. I'll join all of you in a day or two in SC. Glad I discovered this series.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Final chapter spoilers:

Cook lots of Meatballs. Throw them all at Loewe.

Just finished FC and guys.... where was I before instead of having played that. It was such a good game. I'll join all of you in a day or two in SC. Glad I discovered this series.
Enjoy. SC is like FC, but better in every way.

Almost like Terminator 2 or Home Alone 2 - the same, but not, and also better

Shizuka

I realize this might be seen as offtopic as it's more related to XSEED than the games themselves, but I really cannot help but wonder why they haven't created a bundle for both FC and SC. And, you know, another one for the Ys games.

Wouldn't that increase visibility? Or do they just don't want to have a lower bundle price? I mean, a bundle would be easier to market, right?

Could be that they are waiting until SC has been out for a while before making a bundle. Or maybe they haven't gotten approval from Falcom to sell a bundle?

A $40 bundle would be ace.

Top Bottom