• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned

tumblr_nhhhvedJV91ry1sxno1_500.gif

CDiggity

When it comes to romance, Bryke are total trolls because they love pushing community buttons.

They never said who Isumi's mother was.

Omikaru

Happy new year, KorraGAF. I broke my wrist last night, so Year of Korrasami has started off with a bang (well, a snap) for me. :D

Beerus is legit. About to end the world over some fucking pudding and owned some people using just chopsticks. They should just call Lord Beerus "Lord Bright Slap."

360pages

Beerus is legit. About to end the world over some fucking pudding and owned some people using just chopsticks.

Actually the whole movie was pretty fun. Even if it didn't have as much fighting as you would expect, it did give some nice insight on Goku's character.

Hamlet

I wouldn't mind waiting for comics if they didn't take so damn long to write them.

The broken bones on new years. I broke my leg once, from trying to be Superman. God I was stupid.
At least they're coming out at a constant pace. It's hard being a Venture Bro or Game of Thrones fan with the lengthening waits between a new season/book.

Happy new year, KorraGAF. I broke my wrist last night, so Year of Korrasami has started off with a bang (well, a snap) for me. :D

Ooh sounds painful.

Actually the whole movie was pretty fun. Even if it didn't have as much fighting as you would expect, it did give some nice insight on Goku's character.
It is pretty fun, actually has some good comedy in it. I love how Beerus and Weiss are closet foodies. Only Yamcha would be fucking dumb enough to think an ancient cat god is deaf.

Daemul

t
At least they're coming out at a constant pace. It's hard being a Venture Bro or Game of Thrones fan with the lengthening waits between a new season/book.

Urgh, I'm really getting annoyed at just how long it's taking GRRM to finish his series. He's only released 2 books in the past 15 years, and those books(AFFC and ADwD), are essentially one book. He released the first 3 books within 4 years, there's no way he should be taking this long to do the rest, especially since the first 3 books are widely accepted to better than the last 2 books.

Thanks. Hurts like hell. Doesn't help that I can't take painkillers.

But I'll live.

We believe in you!

Yes we do

image.php

Mononoke

Banned
Thanks. Hurts like hell. Doesn't help that I can't take painkillers.

But I'll live.

Why can't you take painkillers?

Also fuck. That sounds awful man. We need to get started on AvatarGAF soon. I head out to Japan in mid Jan. I can still run the re-watches, since I'll have some down time in my travels (i'll watch the 2 episodes a week on my laptop) and post about it on here.

Daemul

LOL! There's a huge argument going on right now on one of my sports forums chatbox about Korrasami, some people are calling it cheap and that Korra should have gotten with Mako, others are saying no, Korrasami was the best thing ever, whilst other people are winding them up both sides.

I never even knew that anyone else on the forum even watched the show, the place is pretty much made up of the most macho men you could ever meet, and their currently having a shipping war.

We're meant to be watching the new years day football and we're having a shipping war.

This is fucking hilarious.

I'm on meds for a pre-existing condition that don't like painkillers.

As for AvatarGAF, I will get cracking on it once I've finished my essay due next week.

That sucks, I think I'm the only person I know that's never broken anything before. Best wishes on that wrist an essay!

Not ready for school next week, FUUUUUU

Magwik

Banned
LOL! There's a huge argument going on right now on one of my sports forums chatbox about Korrasami, some people are calling it cheap and that Korra should have gotten with Mako, others are saying no, Korrasami was the best thing ever, whilst other people are winding them up both sides.

I never even knew that anyone else on the forum even watched the show, the place is pretty much made up of the most macho men you could ever meet, and their currently having a shipping war.

We're meant to be watching the new years day football and we're having a shipping war.

Oh that's golden

At least you know what side you're on
tumblr_nhhm0qSwk11qf2zy0o1_500.jpg

360pages

Choosing famous people from history is actually really fun. Especially thee more obscure they are. I had a hell of a hard time finding old Female Martial Artist for example.

Korrasami spreads its influence like the fucking Borg.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm on meds for a pre-existing condition that don't like painkillers.

As for AvatarGAF, I will get cracking on it once I've finished my essay due next week.

Damn, I'm sorry about that. That sounds so painful. GAH> Broken bones w/ no pain meds. Ouch ouch ouch!

Mononoke

Banned
< now you can see the ugly mug that wrote so much bullshit about TLOK that made you annoyed and impeded your enjoyment. :D

For the record, I'm still recovering from my cancer treatment. So my hair is still thin as fuck. I love you KorraGAF

< now you can see the ugly mug that wrote so much bullshit about TLOK that made you annoyed and impeded your enjoyment. :D

For the record, I'm still recovering from my cancer treatment. So my hair is still thin as fuck. I love you KorraGAF
You look like a younger Aiwei or an older Bataar Jr...or a younger Bataar Sr.

Afrocious

I just woke up and it seems I missed out on another light Korrasami conversation. Oh well.

I didn't know there was a higher resolution on that comic of Asami slapping Korra. Thanks! I can finally read it!

Also after looking at that Nick 2015 picture, I'm beginning to think Avatar as a series has no place on Nick anymore. I mean, they own the IP, but the tone and themes we cover in Avatar (in both ATLA and LOK) have no business on Nick.

So moving on to the finale. I admire the idea that a female couple would take a vacation into the spirit world. But they did not earn that ending. It came out of nowhere. The only suggestion that these two were hot for each other was implied by them being pen pals at the beginning of season 4. And maybe the creators intended to develop that relationship more, and Nick said no, but it makes zero sense in the context of the overall story. Which is sad, but an illogical out of nowhere relationship is also sad because it ruins the series. It would be like if the last episode of Seinfeld, Jerry and George got married. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Yes it would be funny, but it does not make sense in the context of everything you have seen before. And that sort of ruins the universe.

That being said, I love the universe, and I have no problem with a homosexual ending. It was a poor season though, the animation compared to the Last Airbender was lazy, and that final scene was not earned based on the narrative.

There were more implications of them being close, or getting to be close through book 3 and 4 than just them writing as pen pals exclusively to each other, so it doesn't make 'zero sense in the context of the overall story', especially considering each book has been about marginalized people or entities.

Also, how does the finale ruin the series as a whole and the universe? You saying this plus saying you have 'no problem with a homosexual ending' kind of validates that one think Bryan mentioned about viewing the show with 'a hetero-lens'. Seriously, homosexuality and bisexuality are two different things. What the hell would a ____sexual ending even be then, as a matter of fact?

Also, for that shipping quip you put in another post? That coupled with what you posted in your critique post? Go kick rocks. You didn't have to be a rabid shipper of anything to at least consider the thought that two women might have thing for each other after having a thing with a man. Thinking such things does not make you 'crazy', and I am definitely insulted.

This kind of fan art is slowly making me want to leave this thread.

The high quality stuff that 360pages posted before, or the funny comics is good. Stuff like that, or the Kuvira suicide/Korra shipping shit is tasteless and borderline offensive.

Afrocious

This kind of fan art is slowly making me want to leave this thread.

The high quality stuff that 360pages posted before, or the funny comics is good. Stuff like that, or the Kuvira suicide/Korra shipping shit is tasteless and borderline offensive.

Yeah, can we get rid of that suicide post? It's very tasteless.

Also reposting this bit from my previous post since it was at the bottom of the previous page, in case C4Lukins returns:

So moving on to the finale. I admire the idea that a female couple would take a vacation into the spirit world. But they did not earn that ending. It came out of nowhere. The only suggestion that these two were hot for each other was implied by them being pen pals at the beginning of season 4. And maybe the creators intended to develop that relationship more, and Nick said no, but it makes zero sense in the context of the overall story. Which is sad, but an illogical out of nowhere relationship is also sad because it ruins the series. It would be like if the last episode of Seinfeld, Jerry and George got married. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Yes it would be funny, but it does not make sense in the context of everything you have seen before. And that sort of ruins the universe.

That being said, I love the universe, and I have no problem with a homosexual ending. It was a poor season though, the animation compared to the Last Airbender was lazy, and that final scene was not earned based on the narrative.

There were more implications of them being close, or getting to be close through book 3 and 4 than just them writing as pen pals exclusively to each other, so it doesn't make 'zero sense in the context of the overall story', especially considering each book has been about marginalized people or entities.

Another thing: how does the finale ruin the series as a whole and the universe? You saying this plus saying you have 'no problem with a homosexual ending' kind of validates that one think Bryan mentioned about viewing the show with 'a hetero-lens'. Seriously, homosexuality and bisexuality are two different things. What the hell would a ____sexual ending even be then, as a matter of fact?

Also, for that shipping quip you put in another post? That coupled with what you posted in your critique post? Go kick rocks. You didn't have to be a rabid shipper of anything to at least consider the thought that two women might have thing for each other after having a thing with a man. Thinking such things does not make you 'crazy', and I am definitely insulted.

Afrocious

I'm going to repost this article again. I feel it does a great job at talking about LoK as a whole, and its themes regardless of how tied up in a neat bow some of the issues in the show were by the end.

http://www.themarysue.com/korra-relationships-with-women/

Done and I apologize, it's a bit hard for me to realize what is and isn't an issue for some people. I liked the narrative, but didn't realize that it would be crossing the line for some people.

It's cool :) No worries.

Dark Korra is just another one of those things that was never really expounded upon. God damn did this series need longer seasons.

I thought at first that Dark Korra had something to do with Vaatu, but yeah, it never really did get explained. Longer seasons really would have helped them out.

Don't forget it was a little spirit creature. So maybe being a spirit allowed it to see it?
Plus they did offer to help Korra earlier in the episode.

Did they ever explain why that dog was able to see Korra's hallucination?

I always thought it was just Raava trying to communicate with Korra and the reason it took that form is because of how fucked up Korra was. What with the PTSD. I mean, it went away after she talked to Zaheer and came to terms with it.

JadedWriter said:
Done and I apologize, it's a bit hard for me to realize what is and isn't an issue for some people. I liked the narrative, but didn't realize that it would be crossing the line for some people.

I didn't think it was tasteless, I just thought it was really stupid.

Mononoke

Banned
Contacts bro!

I actually only need them for driving or when I play games. It makes things seem like HD. But I can see without them for everything else. So I actually don't wear these when I'm out. But, I'm just happy to have hair. The chemo took all my hair and I dropped to 90 pounds. I looked like a hideous zombie. So while I'm not perfect right now, I'm getting myself back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom