• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

tumblr_nggyl99Anv1tibkx1o2_500.jpg

tumblr_nggyl99Anv1tibkx1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nggyl99Anv1tibkx1o3_500.jpg

Lethe82

Banned
Random thought, but since we're on the subject of ships:

I was just thinking about General Iroh's poor fleet and how the URN navy is 0 for 3 in LOK. They would have to rebuild their fleet and after seeing how devastating air power was when the Equalist bomber plans pummeled their battleships, they would probably invest in aircraft carriers. It matches up with the historical change in focus from battleships to carriers, but since the world of Avatar has waterbenders, they would actually be able to make Pykrete carriers feasible. Pykrete is basically just ice reinforced with sawdust to give it strength and insulate it, but the result a material that floats and is nearly as strong as concrete. The British toyed with the idea of making a carrier out of Pkykrete during WWII with Project Habakkuk, but it never came to fruition. With waterbenders though, it would be no problem for Water Tribe or URN to produce and maintain unsinkable carriers made of ice.

sFMf6Ac.jpg

That is actually very cool! I'd love to see what other conceptual 'futures' the Avatar world could realize, the Giant Mech seemed so 'anime' and not in keeping with using bending in conjunction with technology.

Daemul

Lol, why did you guys make yourselves suffer and watch a cancelled show? You will never get resolution, so now you're destined to be salty about it till the end of your days lol

Hamlet

He's probably just in an alternate dimension or some shit.

Get some Flashpoint in there and have Wally meet the alternate timeline heroes as he tries to find a way back. Now I'm sad again that CN canceled it. What could have been in that third season with Darkseid.

Lol, why did you guys make yourselves suffer and watch a cancelled show? You will never get resolution, so now you're destined to be salty about it till the end of your days lol
I'm salty about many things, but it's rarely over a cartoon. Dames on the other hand are a different story.
Get some Flashpoint in there and have Wally meet the alternate timeline heroes as he tries to find a way back. Now I'm sad again that CN canceled it. What could have been in that third season with Darkseid.
They should have him meet the Justice Lords.

To this day I still haven't watched the last episode of Young Justice because I know how salty I'd be. I still haven't gotten over Wolverine and the X-men getting cancelled on the Age of Apocalypse tease/cliffhanger.

I was just thinking about General Iroh's poor fleet and how the URN navy is 0 for 3 in LOK. They would have to rebuild their fleet and after seeing how devastating air power was when the Equalist bomber plans pummeled their battleships, they would probably invest in aircraft carriers. It matches up with the historical change in focus from battleships to carriers, but since the world of Avatar has waterbenders, they would actually be able to make Pykrete carriers feasible. Pykrete is basically just ice reinforced with sawdust to give it strength and insulate it, but the result a material that floats and is nearly as strong as concrete. The British toyed with the idea of making a carrier out of Pkykrete during WWII with Project Habakkuk, but it never came to fruition. With waterbenders though, it would be no problem for Water Tribe or URN to produce and maintain unsinkable carriers made of ice.

sFMf6Ac.jpg

The kind of shit benders could do with 20th/21st century technology is amazing.

Daemul

sFMf6Ac.jpg

jzFg3vB.gif

This is JadedWriter we're talking about.
True dat.
......where can I watch it?
It's on Netflix.
Lol, I've established an MO around here. I'll watch it...soon I guess. Sounds like the story is shit though.
Yeeeeeeaaaah, it's not too great even by my standards lol. I haven't watched Freezing Vibration(also on Netflix) to know if it gets any better, but...yeah, turn your brain all the way off lol.

360pages

You guys really need to watch Little Witch Academia. It's an amazing 26 Min film that feels more like a Disney short than an Anime short. (It's perfect and is getting a second part)

Gravidee

You guys really need to watch Little Witch Academia. It's an amazing 26 Min film that feels more like a Disney short than an Anime short. (It's perfect and is getting a second part)

The second one will be coming sometime around next spring, and will apparently be about 40 min. in length.

Ochi

Neo Member
I've been gone a week from posting, but have been lurking and reading everything.

About 30-40 pages ago someone asked if glass bending was possible.

To that I say yes* it should be quite possible.

Glass was traditionally made from fired sand, and other minerals/metals depending on the desired color or other qualities of the glass.

In ATLA Aang and King Bumi earthbend crystals which are somewhat similar on a molecular level in their organization to glass.

That said there are multiple types of "crystal" and glass, and most of the difference is in the composition and the arrangement of the molecules.

Getting too deep into "the science" of bending seems like a lost cause if only because it starts to break science and put forth weird questions of to what extent does earthbending go at a fundamental level.

Ochi

Neo Member
You guys really need to watch Little witch Academia. It's an amazing 26 Min film that feels more like a Disney short than an Anime short. (It's perfect and is getting a second part)

Did you recommend that about 10 or fifteen pages ago?

Either way it's an excellent OVA and I'm hyped beyond belief for part 2 whenever it's done (since it got kickstarted)

For those who don't know (and it might be fanboy hyperbole on my part) but Little Witch Academia has more character development in 26 minutes than some series have in 26 episodes.

ITS THAT GOOD.

Ochi

Neo Member
You guys really need to watch Little witch Academia. It's an amazing 26 Min film that feels more like a Disney short than an Anime short. (It's perfect and is getting a second part)

Did you recommend that about 10 or fifteen pages ago? (I've already seen it before)

Regardless, it's an excellent OVA and I'm hyped beyond belief for part 2 whenever it's done (since it got kickstarted)

For those who don't know (and it might be fanboy hyperbole on my part) but Little Witch Academia has more character development in 26 minutes than some series have in 26 episodes.

ITS THAT GOOD.

Daemul

Less than a minute into Freezing and I've already seen a bare ass and a nipple.

This is my kind of show, no playing around, just straight to the good stuff.

Less than a minute into Freezing and I've already seen a bare ass and a nipple.

This is my kind of show, no playing around, just straight to the good stuff.
There's not even any plot set up yet. Just endless fanservice and blood. I don't even know what the fuck is going on in this show.

CDiggity

Googled....what the fuck did I just watch?

The story of a man who returned from hell as a messenger of justice to avenge the death of his family by the hands of the evil Southern Cross gang, all while defending the citizens of Jack Knife Edge Town from the things that go bump in the night. Little does Inferno Cop know, everyone is out to get his head.

Truly a story of the ages.

Daemul

Just watched episode 1 of Freezing...

iJSGdowiu9DHk.png

The fuck did I just watch? This show is shit, there's no plot, scenes are put together awkwardly and I have no idea who the fuck is who. There's not nearly enough boobs in this show to keep me watching it all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom