• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethe82

Banned
Freaking Barry trying to steal back the spotlight as Flash. Stay dead, dude. Wally is the one true speedster.

As someone who only has passing familiarity with Flash

Barry > Wally.

"Cultural Differences"

tumblr_m5j6hclrOC1ry4m96o1_r4_1280.jpg

Makes sense that she would bend THIS element first!

Stand up comic Amon is now my headcannon

Well I thought it was funny.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just wanted to say that I'm loving the Korrasami fan art that has been posted recently. Keep em coming! :D

MartyStu

I wonder why they are so hellbent on trying to make media conform to their perceptions instead of, y'know, just letting boys and girls watch what appeals to them.

It is about money. It is always about money. Teenage boys are the 'Whales' of the action figure market.

Sure they can get girls to buy the toys, but not a nearly the same volume.

Village

I wonder why they are so hellbent on trying to make media conform to their perceptions instead of, y'know, just letting boys and girls watch what appeals to them.
CN was ran for a long time by people who knew what you wanted, rather than just letting you want what you want. Thats why we Got CN real, that drove a shit ton of animators and creators away. And got other shows canceled and canned before they started. That changing of the guard frucked up CN something feirce. Their staff has supposedly changed again, whether that's for better or worse, all we can do is see.

Do you remember on fridays when they had several hours dedicated to all the new cartoons they had? Now its just 4 15 minutes joints on thrusday, they drove a lot of people away.

It is about money. It is always about money. Teenage boys are the 'Whales' of the action figure market.

Sure they can get girls to buy the toys, but not a nearly the same volume.

Also this, but its very dumb.

" Why isn't this making all the money "

" Well its making pretty good money, we could use other money to make other things to make more money to compliment this money "

" NO EVERYTHING MUST MAKE ALL THE MONEY OR IT IS A FAILURE. CAN IT "

Teenage boys haven't bought action figures since the NES came out. Its children that is the prime action figure market. Beyond that you get into higher-end collectibles like what NECA makes.

CN was ran for a long time by people who knew what you wanted, rather than just letting you want what you want. Thats why we Got CN real, that drove a shit ton of animators and creators away. And got other shows canceled and canned before they started. That changing of the guard frucked up CN something feirce. Their staff has supposedly changed again, whether that's for better or worse, all we can do is see.

Do you remember on fridays when they had several hours dedicated to all the new cartoons they had? Now its just 4 15 minutes joints on thrusday, they drove a lot of people away.

Also this, but its very dumb.

" Why isn't this making all the money "

" Well its making pretty good money, we could use other money to make other things to make more money to compliment this money "

" NO EVERYTHING MUST MAKE ALL THE MONEY OR IT IS A FAILURE. CAN IT "
Cartoon Network must be ran by Square Enix idiots. I tried watching the Kill La Kill dub. It's serviceable, but I only lasted to halfway through the third ep. I needs my Japanese Satsuki.

PBalfredo

Its the same reason they got rid of symbotic titan

its the same reason they got rid of megas XLR

Its why they got rid of generator rex

Its the same reason reason they got rid of samurai jack and that was even before the bullshit guard changing that effected the first 3 i listed

The weird thing is, how much merchandise actually came out for those properties and ATLA/LOK? From what I can recall, not a lot. Which, if you can't figure out a way to make toys for shows about giant fighting robots or martial artists, I don't know what to tell you, CN/Nick.

Daemul

Just finished Marco Polo. Bah gawd, that show. Brilliant.

I don't understand the massive discrepancy between the critics and the audience though. The show has a 27% rating among critics on rottentomatoes, whilst the audience rating is a whooping 93%. Did the critics pull the "It's not like Game of Thrones" bullshit again?

Anyway, more Avatar stuff.

lfeDaJX.gif

CDiggity

Cartoon Network must be ran by Square Enix idiots. I tried watching the Kill La Kill dub. It's serviceable, but I only lasted to halfway through the third ep. I needs my Japanese Satsuki.

That is more a case of, yeah the dub is good, but the sub is AMAZING. The VA work was arguably the best part of that show.

Also, the dub produces stuff like this

On a more Avatar related note, I also rewatched Book 3 again. Needed more Red Lotus, too much wheel spinning.

That is more a case of, yeah the dub is good, but the sub is AMAZING. The VA work was arguably the best part of that show.

Also, the dub produces stuff like this

On a more Avatar related note, I also rewatched Book 3 again. Needed more Red Lotus, too much wheel spinning.
That's actually the exact scene that made me go back to the sub. American Satsuki just isn't as deep or commanding enough for me. The original actors owned their roles. As much as people discredit the show itself the main two actors took it very seriously. It's actually fun watching those two in a interview because Satsuki's actress sort of looks like her but has the completely opposite personality.

Finished Young Justice Season Two

giphy.gif

Leaving this series unfinished is a criminal act.

HOLY damn fuck

yep...

i'll say one thing though

he ain't dead

Its the same reason they got rid of symbotic titan

its the same reason they got rid of megas XLR

Its why they got rid of generator rex

Its the same reason reason they got rid of samurai jack and that was even before the bullshit guard changing that effected the first 3 i listed

why didn't they just let them continue (as in new eps and shit) on toonami/adult swim is the most baffling question to me.

Afrocious

You'd think everything good should just go on Adult Swim, you know? I mean, that's ideal but I think AS already has filled timeslots and priorities.

TV seems to be a Death Valley when it comes to western animation. The only stuff I ever hear about that thrives are the good shows that are on HBO and Shondaland stuff.

Haven't paid for cable TV in years.

Daemul

Finished Young Justice Season Two

giphy.gif

Leaving this series unfinished is a criminal act.

HOLY damn fuck

Yep, this is why I dropped YJ after a few episodes, if I had ended up enjoying it I would have been incredibly salty about it's cancellation for years. No sir, I ain't putting myself through that.

You'd think everything good should just go on Adult Swim, you know? I mean, that's ideal but I think AS already has filled timeslots and priorities.

TV seems to be a Death Valley when it comes to western animation. The only stuff I ever hear about that thrives are the good shows that are on HBO and Shondaland stuff.

Haven't paid for cable TV in years.
Adult Swim only has a handful of good original programming though. The rest is either anime or Seth McFarland shows. Out of their original shows I've only really enjoyed The Boondocks, The Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Ah yes, Stuart Snyder and his hatchetman Rob Sorcher, these were the men hell bent on ruining Cartoon Network. One of these men is gone the other sadly remains. Cartoon Network hates action cartoon so much now that they let Ben 10 rot away.

Daemul

Ah yes, Stuart Snyder and his hatchetman Rob Sorcher, these were the men hell bent on ruining Cartoon Network. One of these men is gone the other sadly remains. Cartoon Network hates action cartoon so much now that they let Ben 10 rot away.

What the fuck? I used to love watching Ben 10, don't tell me they somehow ruined that too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
What the fuck? I used to love watching Ben 10, don't tell me they somehow ruined that too.

Well, Omniverse was not very good, but I am being literal, Ben 10 is dead, burned away and buried alongside anything else that is action. They are not making any more of it.

It is a really bad time for action cartoons.

Well, we are in a bit of a television renaissance right now. It's more possible than it used to be to do essentially any type of show. Superhero shows are huge now, and I'd never thought I'd see that day. Plus, Toonami has regained quite a bit of popularity (not as much as it used to) over the past year or so. I would hope that all of this will crossover to the action-side of cartoons. I love a good ol' comedy cartoon any day just like anyone else, but damn do I need my action.

Man, Balance is such a weird season. Not bad, just...weird.

The hell what have you heard

Mostly the waste problem. The way cruises have to deal with it. I recall a story where the sewage was actually coming out of the fucking walls and shit. Not to mention, the ever-so-frequent tales of how people seem to get really sick all the time on those. The horrible staff, and the conditions they have to work in.

Yeah, those cruises aren't something I'd like to be anywhere near.

Toa TAK said:
He saw Poseidon recently.

How did you know?

The hell what have you heard
They're giant petri dishes. When they clean out aircraft carriers they dock them for I think a couple of weeks and clean them out. They don't do that for cruise ships. If they wash the pillows before a next batch of people get on I'd be shocked.

Daemul

I've heard some awful things about cruises from friends, which has really put me off going on one. It sucks though, they look so cool in the adverts lol

PBalfredo

Random thought, but since we're on the subject of ships:

I was just thinking about General Iroh's poor fleet and how the URN navy is 0 for 3 in LOK. They would have to rebuild their fleet and after seeing how devastating air power was when the Equalist bomber plans pummeled their battleships, they would probably invest in aircraft carriers. It matches up with the historical change in focus from battleships to carriers, but since the world of Avatar has waterbenders, they would actually be able to make Pykrete carriers feasible. Pykrete is basically just ice reinforced with sawdust to give it strength and insulate it, but the result a material that floats and is nearly as strong as concrete. The British toyed with the idea of making a carrier out of Pkykrete during WWII with Project Habakkuk, but it never came to fruition. With waterbenders though, it would be no problem for Water Tribe or URN to produce and maintain unsinkable carriers made of ice.

sFMf6Ac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom