• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 29, she was 31 for the bulk of it. Just to give you a heads up some Irish households are...fucked up to the point of being a hindrance. Probably gets even worse when you add a dash of Italian in there as well. I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but sometimes if a person it TOO tied to their family it just fucks everything up.

what?

I was 29, she was 31 for the bulk of it. Just to give you a heads up some Irish households are...fucked up to the point of being a hindrance. Probably gets even worse when you add a dash of Italian in there as well. I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but sometimes if a person it TOO tied to their family it just fucks everything up.
Wow. Huh. That is an interesting tale. That's definitely a bit too much familial attachment.

shit i know

z8AA5Nc.gif

lol

Wow. Huh. That is an interesting tale. That's definitely a bit too much familial attachment.
She let her own mother micromanage the fuck out of her and didn't have enough confidence and guts to take any kind of control over her life in that regard. She just took it and constantly whined about being a victim, but never did anything to change or help herself. I understood that she has an anxiety disorder and a few other things, but it didn't exactly mean she could just do nothing to fix the stuff she was complaining about. She kept hiding behind family tradition for everything.
I'm currently 30 and she can pretty much go die in a fire for all I care. One of the last things she said to me was to lose her number and to not call her again or she was going to call the cops on me saying I'm stalking her. I never even met the woman in person...impossible to stalk her.

She let her own mother micromanage the fuck out of her and didn't have enough confidence and guts to take any kind of control over her life in that regard. She just took it and constantly whined about being a victim, but never did anything to change or help herself. I understood that she has an anxiety disorder and a few other things, but it didn't exactly mean she could just do nothing to fix the stuff she was complaining about. She kept hiding behind family tradition for everything.

I'm currently 30 and she can pretty much go die in a fire for all I care. One of the last things she said to me was to lose her number and to not call her again or she was going to call the cops on me saying I'm stalking her. I never even met the woman in person...impossible to stalk her.
Well damn. It's ok. I know about crazy chicks, too. I knew a girl that tried to guilt trip me into continuing to give her attention (with no intention of returning it, by the way) by saying she cut herself.

02TPMD7.gif

Well damn. It's ok. I know about crazy chicks, too. I knew a girl that tried to guilt trip me into continuing to give her attention (with no intention of returning it, by the way) by saying she cut herself.
I knew somebody like that as well. She had Bipolar disorder. I hit the fucking Nope button after one date and it took her FOREVER to stop calling me.

i honestly thought that experience was something either from your young adult days (if you were older) or you were currently a young adult. Young in this case would be early 20s or so. Yikes, it must have truly sucked

Also with that age such (toxic) habits might be hard for her to shake unfortunately.

you can't claim that title unless your exes start dating each other, then you're officially Mako status.
The clear distinction is that Mako had enough success to have 2 ex's.
i honestly thought that experience was something either from your young adult days (if you were older) or you were currently a young adult. Young in this case would be early 20s or so. Yikes, it must have truly sucked

Also with that age such (toxic) habits might be hard for her to shake unfortunately.
I'm getting older and some of these women are down right looney. And yes it did suck. Nothing worse than getting dropped because someone wants to hang out with their mother.

Kinvara

She needs to conquer cleaning her living room, but on the real why can't I meet female geeks that look like this? The ones I know are either ok, really oval shaped or couldn't pass a psych evaluation.

It's not like geek boys are that much better.

Many of them suffer from "nice-guy" syndrome and are really passive-aggressive.

360pages

I'm more concerned that people are so interested in dating anyway. I find being around people for long periods of time annoying. As you get older, you realize the time that you can spend by yourself lessens and you are actually going to miss being able to do what you want when you want with your free time

People tend to forget you are giving up a lot of freedom to date someone.

You aren't wrong. You really aren't. Or they're cynical and condescending assholes without any social capabilities.

I'm more concerned that people are so interested in dating anyway. I find being around people for long periods of time annoying. As you get older, you realize the time that you can spend by yourself lessens and you are actually going to miss being able to do what you want when you want with your free time

People tend to forget you are giving up a lot of freedom to date someone.
Some people actually like spending time with each other. Shocking, I know.

I'll toss my hand up and say I'm too nice for my own good, but if somebody was to invite me on a date I wouldn't be trying to get my mother's permission first or do some of the other weird crap that has happened to me. Me not being on drugs also helps. I'm a geek yes, but I'm not neck beard basement dwelling geek.
You aren't wrong. You really aren't. Or they're cynical and condescending assholes without any social capabilities.

I'll readily admit to being a bit "burned out" on dating...I've had some of the weirdest crap happen to me.

360pages

You aren't wrong. You really aren't. Or they're cynical and condescending assholes.

Well, honestly, people forget that dating isn't for everyone. Or even marriage, that's not a bad thing. The more I hear stories about dating and how people on here view people the less interested I get.

I can have casually human interaction though other means like friends.

Well, honestly, people forget that dating isn't for everyone. Or even marriage, that's not a bad thing. The more I hear stories about dating and how people on here view people the less interested I get.

It's a hard balance to find. Sometimes a relationship just seems to destroy people whether it be platonic or romantic.

360pages

It's a hard balance to find. Sometimes a relationship just seems to destroy people whether it be platonic or romantic.

Dude, just be yourself. If you're a huge asshole, be an asshole. I figured that out in highschool that just show basic understanding on how to treat people. I ended up having more friends when I wasn't trying to please girls and some stupid shit.

That means when you don't feel like doing something, don't do it.

Dude, just be yourself. If you're a huge asshole, be an asshole. I figured that out in highschool that just show basic understanding on how to treat people. I ended up having more friends when I wasn't trying to please girls and some stupid shit.

That means when you don't feel like doing something, don't do it.
I'm a sarcastic nice guy with a bit of an attitude problem. Some like me, others really don't.

Kinvara

It doesn't sound like you have a very sociable personality.

I'm introverted but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in forming deep, meaningful relationships with other people.

I don't get involved with the "dating" scene tho. Tried it and hated it.

360pages

I'm introverted but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in forming deep, meaningful relationships with other people.

I look at it like this, I can usually tell right away I can carry a conversation with someone after meeting them for the first time. If I can't then my interest in them usually plummets. Really, I don't need to share all the same interest as the person in front of me, but I want to be able to carry on a conversation without being bored out of my mind.

The dating scene has some of the most boring, fakest, shallow human beings in it. With that first date you're not even meeting the real person. It's nothing more than some stage production.
I look at it like this, I can usually tell right away I can carry a conversation with someone after meeting them for the first time. If I can't then my interest in them usually plummets. Really, I don't need to share all the same interest as the person in front of me, but I want to be able to carry on a conversation without being bored out of my mind.
I run into that as well. Usually if I'm in some large gathering I just survey people, eat my food and leave.

360pages

Right now, I'm a little too focused on my writing to really care about strangers. There was a girl that I was interested in that goes to my collage I was going to ask out for Lunch, didn't get the chance to...I guess it would be nice, but honestly. I am in zero rush, since all the people I know who started dating became less awesome afterward.

Actually I need to edit some of my stuff.

Trey

There's some one out there for everyone. It doesn't have to be sexual, or based on hanging out with each other all the time, but people fit together well when they make an effort to. Sure, things happen which hurt people and make them reserved, but when you understand that most people just want to be respected and loved, things become much more clear.

If you can be honest with yourself and identify what it is you want, you can find success in life and love.

Yeah but the comment I quoted makes it seem like people are better off lonely. People have different personalities and social preferences, which you know, because that's the comment I quoted now.

Some people want to spend time with other people. To what degree is different for everyone. Your previous comment came off as being really cynical.

360pages

Yeah but the comment I quoted makes it seem like people are better off lonely. People have different personalities and social preferences, which you know, because that's the comment I quoted now.

Some people want to spend time with other people. To what degree is different for everyone. Your previous comment came off as being really cynical.

True, but not everyone does, and people constantly chasing after human contact might find out a little later that being alone doesn't make you lonely. I think it's less cynical and more the fact that not everyone is going to be compatible with every situation and some people really are better off with low human contact. Being in contact with other people won't automatically make your life better.

Which goes back to my original statement, if you legit think you need to have a Boyfriend or Girlfriend not to be lonely you are easily going about that situation the wrong way.

True, but not everyone does, and people constantly chasing after human contact might find out a little later that being alone doesn't make you lonely. I think it's less cynical and more the fact that not everyone is going to be compatible with every situation and some people really are better off with low human contact. Being in contact with other people won't automatically make your life better.

Which goes back to my original statement, if you legit think you need to have a Boyfriend or Girlfriend not to be lonely you are easily going about that situation the wrong way.
I've spent most of my life alone and a lot of my so called "friends" treat me like I don't exist so it would be nice to have somebody that actually wants me in their life. Not this passing by, "I'll talk to you as long as I have a purpose for you" bullshit that I'm used to.

360pages

I've spent most of my life alone and a lot of my so called "friends" treat me like I don't exist so it would be nice to have somebody that actually wants me in their life. Not this passing by, "I'll talk to you as long as I have a purpose for you" bullshit that I'm used to.

It's important that other people are there to compliment your life, not supplement it. It's important to know where you personally stand and what you can do on your own. Sometimes people can be a pain, and they may not be ignoring you, but just don't have the time to call.

People have different level of what friends should be in the real world.

It's important that other people are there to compliment your life, not supplement it. It's important to know where you personally stand and what you can do on your own. Sometimes people can be a pain, and they may not be ignoring you, but just don't have the time to call.

People have different level of what friends should be in the real world.
I have one actual friend that treats me like an actual human being. I've done stuff for people and got close to nothing for it in return. Nobody says hello, nobody checks up to see if I even still have a pulse. They just want to live their lives chasing their fantasies trying to nab a rich guy or they're already in an established relationship already, either that or I'm just nothing just extra person that they met that they have no time for. I'm not mad per say, but man it gets annoying. And it's not with everybody. Some people I really just don't care about. There are just certain situations where I just want to call the person a "fucking piece of shit" and mail a bag of horse shit to their house.

360pages

I have one actual friend that treats me like an actual human being. I've done stuff for people and got close to nothing for it in return. Nobody says hello, nobody checks up to see if I even still have a pulse. They just want to live their lives chasing their fantasies trying to nab a rich guy or they're already in an established relationship already, either that or I'm just nothing just extra person that they met that they have no time for. I'm not mad per say, but man it gets annoying.

Well, it's hard, since I never really legit felt lonely even when I'm alone. The most I ever got was frustrated at my writing that it wasn't good enough. Overall, you might just really need some time alone focus on the things you enjoy for the time being.

Well, it's hard, since I never really legit felt lonely even when I'm alone. The most I ever got was frustrated at my writing that it wasn't good enough.
You have an outlet. I just have a job and a bunch of annoying people I wish I never met. Plus you're most likely a lot younger than I am.

360pages

You have an outlet. I just have a job and a bunch of annoying people I wish I never met. Plus you're most likely a lot younger than I am.

Maybe a hobby, there have been times where my writing has stressed me out enough for me to take a break from it.

If you have something you could focus on you could do that. I know I met a few people from my writing site, plus a story club at my college.

I mean, you're here talking to us here, so that's something. Yeah I am probably younger than you, though I was under the impression that the older you get the less you yearn for social activity.

Maybe a hobby, there have been times where my writing has stressed me out enough for me to take a break from it.

If you have something you could focus on you could do that. I know I met a few people from my writing site, plus a story club at my college.

I mean, you're here talking to us here, so that's something. Yeah I am probably younger than you, though I was under the impression that the older you get the less you yearn for social activity.
trust me when I say this. Anything is better than being alone all the damn time.
Even his eyebrows got tired of him.

360pages

trust me when I say this. Anything is better than being alone all the damn time.

Even his eyebrows got tired of him.

You could always read or do something to keep your mind off of it. If you really are feeling that down about it, just talk to people. Even if it's on a casual level.

You could always read or do something to keep your mind off of it. If you really are feeling that down about it, just talk to people. Even if it's on a casual level.
Between my games, anime and movie appreciation I'm fine not thinking about it. Sometimes you just want a person to share your time with. I have enough "last woman I liked..." negative stories to last a life time...and I keep getting new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom