• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
Tumblr has some really weird shit on it, to the point where I only browse it in incognito.

I thought that's how people are supposed to browse Tumblr?

tumblr_ndrf1rQd2O1u1u37mo1_500.jpg

Did it bother anyone else how Korra never spoke to Wan? That was honestly just bizarre to me
like most of season 2.
I felt like the trailer was hinting that they'd interact with each other. I don't know why it didn't happen.

Did it bother anyone else how Korra never spoke to Wan? That was honestly just bizarre to me
like most of season 2.
I felt like the trailer was hinting that they'd interact with each other. I don't know why it didn't happen.
Wan was probably too busy trying to find his pussy cat companion in the spirit world.

Omikaru

AMVs are the bane of my fucking existence.

When I ran a hugely popular MGS fansite, in the days before YouTube, people would spam my submissions inbox with their 50mb 240p Solid Snake x Meryl AMVs to something like Evanesence - Bring Me to Life, and practically begging me to post them on the site.

Revolting.

When I ran a hugely popular MGS fansite, in the days before YouTube, people would spam my submissions inbox with their 50mb 240p Solid Snake x Meryl AMVs to something like Evanesence - Bring Me to Life, and practically begging me to post them on the site.

Revolting.
I don't even pay attention to amv's anymore. They're just the useless fat that should be cut out of youtube.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Revolting.

that sounds hilarious
also snake x otacon otp

PBalfredo

I've been returning to Platinum's Legend of Korra game lately and today I just beat it for the first time on Extreme mode. The game plays much better on subsequent playthroughs where all of Korra's bending is unlocked from the start. The game plays remarkably well and it does a good job at rewarding the player for playing better. It felt good to improve my game and clear it on Extreme. While it's easy to deride the game for its short length, the clear fact that Activision didn't give the game the budget it deserves and being the red haired stepchild to Bayonetta 2 which came out in the same week, the fact that we got a quality game for Legend of Korra, a licensed Nickelodeon property, is a small miracle. Especially when you compare this game to the THQ Avatar games, pure shovelware notable only for piss-easy 360 achievement points because the original achievements failed certification and had to be redone at the very last second.

It's a fun game to boot up every now and again to do some bending. I'll likely get all of the steam achievements for it soon.

Omikaru

I wish I could've ignored them, but back in the day I had a POP3 email account for submissions (my provider didn't support IMAP), so every day I'd open up Outlook and it'd have to download about 500mb of people's shitty AMVs (this was about 12 years ago, so a 500mb download was not pleasant on my shitty 512kb/s broadband -- so about 2-3 hours) and I had no choice in the matter. Sometimes they were even resubmissions: "Oh hey not sure if this reached you so I'm sending it again."

AMVs need to be nuked off the face of the planet. The people who make them are expressing about as much creativity as a walnut.

Kinvara

AMVs were the big thing when I was in high school. I always enjoyed the comedic ones but they went out of fashion around 2010 maybe.

360pages

I've been returning to Platinum's Legend of Korra game lately and today I just beat it for the first time on Extreme mode. The game plays much better on subsequent playthroughs where all of Korra's bending is unlocked from the start. The game plays remarkably well and it does a good job at rewarding the player for playing better. It felt good to improve my game and clear it on Extreme. While it's easy to deride the game for its short length, the clear fact that Activision didn't give the game the budget it deserves and being the red haired stepchild to Bayonetta 2 which came out in the same week, the fact that we got a quality game for Legend of Korra, a licensed Nickelodeon property, is a small miracle. Especially when you compare this game to the THQ Avatar games, pure shovelware notable only for piss-easy 360 achievement points because the original achievements failed certification and had to be redone at the very last second.

It's a fun game to boot up every now and again to do some bending. I'll likely get all of the steam achievements for it soon.

The pacing could have easily been improved simply by having Korra get her bending back in the first 4 chapters and the last 4 being used to perfect the bending. It's a fun action game for what it is, though there have been a lot of good licenses games this year. (Alien and the Naruto game coming to mind)

PBalfredo

The pacing could have easily been improved simply by having Korra get her bending back in the first 4 chapters and the last 4 being used to perfect the bending. It's a fun action game for what it is, though there have been a lot of good licenses games this year. (Alien and the Naruto game coming to mind)

Yeah, and playing the first level initially with only hand-to-hand is not what you come to a Korra game for, though I do appreciate that they took the effort to match each bending style with the appropriate martial art. There has been some good licensed games lately, but I feel that Korra being both licensed and "for kids" would normally put it on the next tier of developers/publishers not giving a shit. And there are still plenty of shovelware licensed games, they're just increasingly finding a home on mobile. So I'm pretty happy to have a Korra game with stylish action rather than microtransactions to restore chi.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, and playing the first level initially with only hand-to-hand is not what you come to a Korra game for, though I do appreciate that they took the effort to match each bending style with the appropriate martial art. There has been some good licensed games lately, but I feel that Korra being both licensed and "for kids" would normally put it on the next tier of developers/publishers not giving a shit. And there are still plenty of shovelware licensed games, they're just increasingly finding a home on mobile. So I'm pretty happy to have a Korra game with stylish action rather than microtransactions to restore chi.

It's Platinum, they'll always give it their best no matter what.

if that's her at 14, i demand to see her all grown up
The Beach is a brutal fucking episode, man. Just fucking brutal.

That is actually just perfect. Pure perfection

Superman just means the better and superior villains that keep kicking their ass (Darkseid, Joker, top tier motherfuckers).
Nah, Joker can stay out of that shit. The only reason he's ever in Justice League team-up shit is because Batman is there. He's fine every once in awhile, but he's hardly top tier. As much as I love Batman, him and Joker can go take a fucking seat for awhile. There are too many cool DC characters that could use more love. Superman being one of them (it shouldn't be an issue, but it is).

Urgh, I've never been a fan of AMV's. The videos are always overdone and the music always sucks.

The best AMV's are always the ones done to other show openings. You can't over do it, because there is a distinct limit. I did a couple AMVs a few years back, but they were video game footage and not anime (VGMV?). This will always and forever be the best TLoK AMV>

Welcome to the character action genre, my friend. First time is always a tutorial, but the second time is beautiful. And the third? Like making sweet, sweet love. It's a genre with a curve. Some people hate that aspect, because they feel they don't have the time. Maybe that's true, and I don't blame them, but the games always have a plenty easy difficulty setting. It's not necessary to play the game on normal, and Platinum games always have a slightly harder version of normal than others.

Now, where's that gif about playing The Wonderful 101...or is it a webm? Damn it.

It's Platinum, they'll always give it their best no matter what.

3982338-8016926699-d69.g.gif

Speaking of Lin.
Well Lin apparently did wreak havoc on Air Temple Island and tried to arrest Pema for it ha.
Lin is so cute in that. They will never tell us how many air acolyte deaths she's responsible for during that rampage.
The Beach is a brutal fucking episode, man. Just fucking brutal.
Ty Lee being a contortionist in a two piece is one the best things to come out of Nickolodeon. Her victory pose at the end of that volleyball match...or just walking on her hands...just damn.

Ty Lee being a contortionist in a two piece is one the best things to come out of Nickolodeon. Her victory pose at the end of that volleyball match...or just walking on her hands...just damn.

The thirst is fucking real. That being said, she's also exactly (minus the contortionist and significant athletic ability) like a couple other girls that I knew in my time, and my experience with them was...unpleasant.

The thirst is fucking real. That being said, she's also exactly (minus the contortionist and significant athletic ability) like a couple other girls that I knew in my time, and my experience with them was...unpleasant.
I'd probably take whatever your experience was over my experience of being dropped like you weren't even a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom