• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethe82

Banned
It's one of my favorite games of all time. I adore the soundtrack as well. This song...Also, since I know you like Kill la Kill, you may be able to appreciate this

If it hadn't been strictly used as a plot device, then I don't think it would have been nearly as much of an issue. To be fair, the idea that we can bend the energy within us has existed since we learned about chakras, chi, and spiritual energy. All of which have been since Earth.

-Spiritbending
-Spiritual projection (and yes, the vines and Spirit Korra count)
-Energy sensing
-Jinora, Queen of the Fairies
-Removal/restoration of bending
-Fuck, even healing using water counts
-The Spirit Oasis (and there are multiple)
-Straight up bending spirit energy (Giant kaiju lasers and Kuvira's spirit weapon)
-Firebending can act as a catalyst for energybending, as seen by the one priestess that assisted Korra in Spirits when she was sensing the damage to Korra's Avatar spirit.

Fuck energybending, it's been the cause of so many of my headaches when watching the show. It's my number 1 issue with the Avatar series.

Every single plot device or unexplained moment is always energybending. In fact, for whatever reason, water seems to be a catalyst for energybending. Water Spirit Aang, spiritbending, healing, Spirit Oasis's...it's all either because of chi or energybending.

In all seriousness, though. It really is all just energybending. Even Guru Pathik energybent.

Wait how did the Guru energy bend?

I don't have too much of a problem with energy bending since it is considered the 'base' form of bending. As much as we see how things like explosion or magma bending are sub bending disciplines of say fire bending, all the core elements at their center are based around the manipulation of energy.

*dies*

tumblr_ndekmdfU3v1r50ow4o1_1280.jpg

Wait how did the Guru energy bend?

I don't have too much of a problem with energy bending since it is considered the 'base' form of bending. As much as we see how things like explosion or magma bending are sub bending disciplines of say fire bending, all the core elements at their center are based around the manipulation of energy.

The problem isn't what it is, it's that it's strictly used as a plot device. If we had seen it used as an actual bending form, then I think it would have been handled better. Also, Guru Pathik was able to read Appa's energy. If all of my theory bullshit is correct (which we'll never know), being able to sense someone's energy involves energy bending. Both chi and spiritual energy. The Guru could do that, and energybending also presumably involves being able to open chakras, which he could also do. Again though, it's all just a bit of fan theorizing. Nothing more.

God this scene is classic. That disappointed look on the guys faces when Ty Lee walks away, Zuko's epic disrobing, the war council strategizing over how to destroy a rival player.
"Yes we defeated you for all time, you will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!" Said after launching a volleyball nuke at them. I still can't believe people hate The Beach episode. So many hilarious moments and character fleshing out in that ep. I love how socially awkward Azula is. You can tell she didn't talk to many people outside of Ty Lee, Mai and Zuko because she just does not know how to talk to other people.

She needs to conquer cleaning her living room, but on the real why can't I meet female geeks that look like this? The ones I know are either ok, really oval shaped or couldn't pass a psych evaluation.
Or very boring, and tiresome to talk to. Or just not actually in to geek stuff as a hobby and just into it as a fad.

That's kind of a way to describe everyone, though.

Or very boring, and tiresome to talk to. Or just not actually in to geek stuff as a hobby and just into it as a fad.

That's kind of a way to describe everyone, though.
One of them was borderline asexual with an unhealthy attachment to her mom...it wasn't fun and went absolutely nowhere because she couldn't dream of hanging out with a person that wasn't her mom or some little kid from the girl scout troop she was a leader of.
Make her do Kuvira.
stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Sounds fascinating
Try six and a half months of inviting this dumb ass woman whom hasn't had a date in 3 years to go see a movie, only to have her say no and then go watch the same movie with her mom about within a week or two of you inviting her. Then if that didn't happen she'd bail on you for a girl scout meeting or dance practice. And then she stops talking to you because you essentially tell her that speaking to someone within her own age and of the opposite sex would actually help her considering she kept whining about how her sister was getting married and her mother and grandmother acted like she was never going to get married, not to mention the anxiety disorder, panic attacks, severe confidence problems and IBS.

Try six and a half months of inviting this dumb ass woman whom hasn't had a date in 3 years to go see a movie, only to have her say no and then go watch the same movie with her mom about within a week or two of you inviting her. Then if that didn't happen she'd bail on you for a girl scout meeting or dance practice. And then she stops talking to you because you essentially tell her that speaking to someone within her own age and of the opposite sex would actually help her considering she kept whining about how her sister was getting married and her mother and grandmother acted like she was never going to get married, not to mention the anxiety disorder, panic attacks, severe confidence problems and IBS.

Ew. Also, how old were you and her during these events? My curiosity is boundless.

Ew. Also, how old were you and her during these events? My curiosity is boundless.
I was 29, she was 31 for the bulk of it. Just to give you a heads up some Irish households are...fucked up to the point of being a hindrance. Probably gets even worse when you add a dash of Italian in there as well. I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but sometimes if a person it TOO tied to their family it just fucks everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom