• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

I'm currently watching Book 2 of Korra. Does she ever get a clue? Ever? She's about the least savvy character I've come across and it's painful.

Haha yeah quite a few characters regressed quite a bit during that season (poor Lin). It gets better though in the second half at least.

Hamlet

Either that or.... Jaded and I keep posting Ranma gifs.

Time for some Korra gifs then.
tumblr_navpkgJdfb1r60zuio2_500.gif

tumblr_ngzxabWKlx1r60zuio1_500.gif

Lethe82

Banned
I swear the biggest problem with book 2 is characterization, the ideas on paper are great.

Time for some Korra gifs then.
tumblr_navpkgJdfb1r60zuio2_500.gif

tumblr_ngzxabWKlx1r60zuio1_500.gif

I just found season 3 on BluRay and am so hyped, it says it has 5 additional hours of content exclusive to the BluRay. Om nom nom nom.

I still need to track down Seasons 1 2 and 4, but I might have to resort to ordering online.

Also some cute Korra and Asami art

http://nymre.tumblr.com/post/111978387238

tumblr_nkamj2oIg61r0tjypo1_1280.png

tumblr_nkamj2oIg61r0tjypo2_1280.png

nymre (artists said:
Some patreon sketch rewards! :D korrasamissss

Jacob

She gains kinda a clue...but it comes at the cost of her personality.

:lol I do kinda feel like they started just forcing the characters through the motions in the latter books, at least with regards to them interacting as Team Avatar. In Book 1 you follow everyone as they meet each other and all of the younger characters were isolated and didn't have many friends for one reason or another so you can believe they might want to try to get to know each other. But after everything that happens between them in the first two books and their utter lack of genuine connection it makes zero sense for them to keep spending time together (especially Asami).

Ah, the cycle of "Book 2 is terrible."

It really is. My brother, who introduced me to Avatar and watched that entire show plus Book 1 of Korra as they aired, gave up on the series after the first two episodes of Book 2. Obviously I kept going but the ending was no nonsensical that I can't even say that it gets much better in the second half. Marginally so, I suppose.

I'm currently watching Book 2 of Korra. Does she ever get a clue? Ever? She's about the least savvy character I've come across and it's painful.

Turn your brain off for book 2, all the characters are downright stupid in that season.

All of them. Korra. Mako. Asami. Bolin. Lin.

Trey

Book 2 is bad. Everyone is stupid, not just Korra. The nuktuk shit went on for far too long. Asami was at her worst as far as relevance and personal agency goes. Lin was inescapably bad, and her poor showing was only mitigated by how infrequently she showed up.

We got beginnings and a new spiritual age out of it, so it's not a total loss.

Turn your brain off for book 2, all the characters are downright stupid in that season.

Can I just say how stupid (oddly enough) of a thing to say this is? "Turn your brain off."

No. Fucking no, I won't. If I find something entertaining enough, then I won't have to "turn my brain off" because I'll be fucking entertained. Telling me to "turn off your brain" is basically saying "you'll be entertained if you're stupid enough to be entertained by this."

It's just like saying shit like it's "smart comedy" or a "smart show." Fuck that. Saying that if I don't find it funny or entertaining, then that makes me stupid.

What a goddamn backhand. Shit irks me to no end. Just condescending backhands all around. "That thing you like is complete and utter garbage, but hey, that's okay if you like it." Gee, thanks for the permission, though I think this mark on my face from your backhanded-ass compliment will be a bit unflattering.

A person can be really intelligent and critical, and still find a joy in absurdity and "dumb" entertainment. Lawd oh lawd.

/rant

Can I just say how stupid (oddly enough) of a thing to say this is? "Turn your brain off."

No. Fucking no, I won't. If I find something entertaining enough, then I won't have to "turn my brain off" because I'll be fucking entertained. Telling me to "turn off your brain" is basically saying "you'll be entertained if you're stupid enough to be entertained by this."

It's just like saying shit like it's "smart comedy" or a "smart show." Fuck that. Saying that if I don't find it funny or entertaining, then that makes me stupid.

What a goddamn backhand. Shit irks me to no end. Just condescending backhands all around. "That thing you like is complete and utter garbage, but hey, that's okay if you like it." Gee, thanks for the permission, though I think this mark on my face from your backhanded-ass compliment will be a bit unflattering.

A person can be really intelligent and critical, and still find a joy in absurdity and "dumb" entertainment. Lawd oh lawd.

/rant

Well, yeah, that's exactly my opinion - that it's complete and utter garbage. In my opinion and many others, the characters are completely illogical and make boneheaded and moronic decisions that don't make sense, taking you out of the story as you think about it. You're entitled to like it, I just for the life of me will not understand why.

-Deimos

/rant

That's not what "turn off your brain" means. It means don't expect a good, thought-provoking plot if you choose to watch it, just enjoy it for what it is.

Well, yeah, that's exactly my opinion - that it's complete and utter garbage. In my opinion and many others, the characters are completely illogical and make boneheaded and moronic decisions that don't make sense, taking you out of the story as you think about it. You're entitled to like it, I just for the life of me will not understand why.
Aang's kids are the high point of Book 2, it's not completely and utterly bad. Lin holding the idiot ball, Korra having her aggression setting set to fucking 14 and Bolin turning into a Jersey Shore character and sexually assaulting Ginger towards the end are the low points. I personally found the Bolin x Eska stuff pretty funny though, but there's no way you can watch that seriously without going like, "Is she...enslaving him?" Book 2 is a highly flawed season where everything felt way out of whack I will definitely agree with that. I would warn people that it's disjointed with odd as fuck character beats though. I also did like the Wan Shi Tong still being a dick though. That's actually a great call back episode.

Hamlet

Hmm interesting rumour.

About a month ago, I had a Skype conversation with a good friend of mine who has a close relationship with a group of people who – at the time – had recently interviewed Mike and Bryan and learned some off-the-recording information about their upcoming new series along with an alternative Book 4 ending. The off-the-recording information made it up the ladder and fell into my lap, thanks to the good friend of mine who I had spoken with on Skype.

I’m sure the mention of an alternative Book 4 ending perked your ears: unfortunately, I’m forbidden from publishing any details on it – I’m really sorry.

As for Mike and Bryan’s new series: I am able to tell you about that.

According to my source, Mike and Bryan have moved on from Avatar and are currently working on another series similar to Avatar in the sense that it’s another “world-building” series. The duo will be reportedly be at Comic-Con this year to briefly discuss the series. If anything changes between now and then, I will update this post.

Daemul

I'm more interested in the soundtrack tbh. If the alternate book 4 ending shows up on the bluray it will be up on Youtube anyway.

Mumei

I suppose they all have their dumb moments, but Korra is the worst relative to what she should be. I quite enjoyed the episode with Wan learning to commune with the spirits, though.

That would be better ha. Make it like that Korra/Kuvira prison comic you posted here ages ago.
Neither of those two really have close friends so it would be nice actually, especially after the constant abandonment Kuvira gets. Regarding Korra I know I'll get flack for that comment, but seriously the Krew really don't act like friends.

orochi91

I suppose they all have their dumb moments, but Korra is the worst relative to what she should be. I quite enjoyed the episode with Wan learning to commune with the spirits, though.

I found her behavior justified, given the:

-Civil War
-No help from other nations
-White Lotus conspiring to keep her cooped up in the compounds (and pretending it was something Aang wanted).

She behaved exactly like I imagined someone with her level of maturity would, but it's notable how she mellowed out after her amnesia/Wan experience.

Jacob

"rumor"

I scrolled up reading that post so I was so mad when I finally got to "that" word :/

What about that break they said they were definitely taking?

I wouldn't complain about getting another Bryke show sooner rather than later but yeah I'm gonna wait for confirmation on this one.

orochi91

"rumor"

I scrolled up reading that post so I was so mad when I finally got to "that" word :/

What about that break they said they were definitely taking?

I just wanted more Avatar lol

5-10 year wait for something that may not materialize is unfortunate.

Someone should buy the rights from Nick.

360pages

I think what frustrated people about Korra in season 2, wasn't the fact she was acting that way, but she was acting that way after the events of season 1...making them character wise nearly completely useless..

Full on Korrasami maybe. Sneak it on the Blu-ray as a surprise special feature if it turns out to be true.
Just want those soundtracks though.
If so, it'll probably just be this
tumblr_nkc5hcfuLX1u16a9no1_500.gif

How many months ago did Jeremy mention that he made "some" progress on getting the soundtracks?

with Rin retired and the captain MIA... we are running on fumes. I can ask Sleepy, but we don't even talk Korra on twitter.

Speaking of tumblr, these girls following blog... how does the saying go? "are looking real good these days."

New Iahfy
Excellent, dressed like she works for M. Bison. Seriously ask her for Kuvira dressed as Ukyo, for some odd reason I need that crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom