• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
tumblr_nkc1ysOnZJ1tl5boeo2_1280.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
I was going to say something along the lines of "I already posted that pic" but I know you wanted the opportunity to post your bae, so do your thing.

If you did I must've missed it. I'll give what'sthierface this much. This Star Wars mix is great.

Also she's not my bae.

His title doesn't seem to be expanded universe, he's just the only one we met most likely. Dude's a Nazi, just in space so Kuvira being a cross over of him makes a lot of sense.

Well I mean, we never learn his name in the movie. It's an implied title but it's so nonsense it's hard to know. Pretty much anything that isn't in the core films is EU stuff, right? So I always thought his name was just EU stuff.

Like, in FMA and FMA:B, I thought Bradley's title for the longest time was "Fuhrer King," but nope. His first name is King, and his title is Fuhrer.

Well I mean, we never learn his name in the movie. It's an implied title but it's so nonsense it's hard to know. Pretty much anything that isn't in the core films is EU stuff, right? So I always thought his name was just EU stuff.

Like, in FMA and FMA:B, I thought Bradley's title for the longest time was "Fuhrer King," but nope. His first name is King, and his title is Fuhrer.
I had no idea about Fuhrer King Bradley. I think anything not in the movies and not in the 3D Clone Wars show is expanded universe...I think Rebels is canon too.
Hey that's a pretty good drawing of Kuvira tbh. Cool style
She'd make a fine officer on the Death Star. She probably wouldn't hesitate to blow up Zaofu. "Fuck you Su!" *explosion*

I had no idea about Fuhrer King Bradley. I think anything not in the movies and not in the 3D Clone Wars show is expanded universe...I think Rebels is canon too.

So the 2D Clone Wars show by Genndy Tartovsky is not canon?

Also they never explicitly say his first name is King, you just have to read into that. It's hard, though, since they always say either his full name, his full name with title, or just his last name. They never just call him "King."

So the 2D Clone Wars show by Genndy Tartovsky is not canon?

Also they never explicitly say his first name is King, you just have to read into that. It's hard, though, since they always say either his full name, his full name with title, or just his last name. They never just call him "King."
I'm pretty sure the 2d one isn't canon.

Hamlet

If so, it'll probably just be this
tumblr_nkc5hcfuLX1u16a9no1_500.gif

How many months ago did Jeremy mention that he made "some" progress on getting the soundtracks?

Heh
Also Jeremy had this update about the soundtracks two days ago

Q: any updates on book 2-4 soundtrack release?
Jeremy:none currently. :/

So not looking good right now :(

Don't blame me. It was awesome but a lot of stuff became non canon after the Disney purchase.

To be the guy that J.J. Abrams assigned to sifting through the EU stuff and having to decide what is and isn't relevant to the now-revitalized film franchise must have been awesome, exhausting, and intimidating all at once.

Is it normal for fans to make animations of characters dancing for other shows/animes/movies/whatever? I've never seen it before until the LoK ones lol

Lethe82

Banned
Ranma 1/2 was my first anime, many found memories, might join conversation at some point.

I really do wish that the series had continued with actual character arcs and development (like it was at the start), its biggest problem is that it just became pure one offs after a point.

By the way if you do enjoy Ranma 1/2 I really encourage you to watch the live action. It's only crime is that it drags slightly in the middle, but it's about a million times better than it has any right to be.

I found her behavior justified, given the:

-Civil War
-No help from other nations
-White Lotus conspiring to keep her cooped up in the compounds (and pretending it was something Aang wanted).

She behaved exactly like I imagined someone with her level of maturity would, but it's notable how she mellowed out after her amnesia/Wan experience.

I felt like they pushed her immaturity a little hard to the point where it felt like a bit of a regression from where she was at the end of book 1, but overall I do agree with you, it just could have been executed slightly better.

Ranma 1/2 was my first anime, many found memories, might join conversation at some point.

I really do wish that the series had continued with actual character arcs and development (like it was at the start), its biggest problem is that it just became pure one offs after a point.

By the way if you do enjoy Ranma 1/2 I really encourage you to watch the live action. It's only crime is that it drags slightly in the middle, but it's about a million times better than it has any right to be.

I felt like they pushed her immaturity a little hard to the point where it felt like a bit of a regression from where she was at the end of book 1, but overall I do agree with you, it just could have been executed slightly better.
Yeah first season of Ranma is the best then it just seems to drag on and on. Didn't even follow the manga. It's ok for what it is though.

Yea, the only main story arc they stuck with is Ranma and Akane keep dancing around each other.

Kodachi is officially my favorite crazy person, she needs to be in the show more. She's nuts, but unlike Shampoo she doesn't use underhanded methods to get Ranma. Plus she can cook and clean, also is swimming in money.

Ukyo is still my favorite girl though. She isn't crazy, plus she owns a restaurant.

And there's a live action?!?!

Nvm, I just saw the trailer. That shit look low budget as all hell, lmao

Yea, the only main story arc they stuck with is Ranma and Akane keep dancing around each other.

Kodachi is officially my favorite crazy person, she needs to be in the show more. She's nuts, but unlike Shampoo she doesn't use underhanded methods to get Ranma. Plus she can cook and clean, also is swimming in money.

Ukyo is still my favorite girl though. She isn't crazy, plus she owns a restaurant.

Yeah Ukyo and Kodachi have the more interesting personalities, Akane is just straight up useless and too much of a tomboy. I like tomboys but I just can't dig Akane. Ukyo and Kodachi would fucking get it though. plus Kodachi's a gymnast pfft fuck yeah.

Lethe82

Banned

Nvm, I just saw the trailer. That shit look low budget as all hell, lmao
Well they never really even stuck with that as the main arch because it just happens, and sometimes they go through the beats of 'oh they kind of like each other' but after tat their relationship always stays exactly the same. Ranma 1/2 is like a comic strip in the news paper where the status quo stays completely static for however many years it runs. You don't notice this too much when they are introducing new characters but after a while it really really drags.

Yes and it perfectly captures the spirit of the series. It's awesome (and ties in one of the series few later plots into the 'beginning'). it's quit good.

Hamlet

More info about that supposed "alternate ending"

"RE: Alternative Book 4 ending - Nickelodeon will never release it. It also was never animated, only reached animatics stage in development."
Source

"I would LOVE to release what happens in the Book 4 alternate ending, but I'll get in A LOT of trouble. Wanted you all to know it exists tho."
Source

He also got the Blu-ray early, so expect some Book 4 commentary notes soon from him. Looking forward to hearing what Bryke says in them.

Then, I'll post commentary notes from the Book 4 commentaries.
B-tziwlWkAAN-aF.jpg
https://twitter.com/LegendofKorraWp/status/570687242106216449

Man you guys really got me thinking Bryke was one person for so long
I'm not sure who's really to blame. Mike's more of the story person and Bryan is the arts director. Bryan is usually on point with his designs and I like hearing about what gives him ideas and how he changes stuff and what not. I've never really heard Mike discuss stuff because I've never listened to the commentaries.

Lethe82

Banned
I think there were notes during book 2 that Bryan is a little hurt that people think of Mike as the sole 'story guy' haha. I'm sure that Bryan had a ton of input on the story.

Hamlet

Man you guys really got me thinking Bryke was one person for so long
What do you mean Bryke is very much a real person?
AsZyDTL.png

Wait so it doesn't actually exist on the br?

Only ever "existed" as a Storyboard according to him. Don't forget though that this rumour is based on him hearing from a friend who also heard it from another friend who was apparently told by Mike and Bryan about it during an interview.
So just a rumour at this point.

Lethe82

Banned
I'd check out Bryke's next project, but they really need additionally writers. It's the George Lucas effect.

They did great with Book 1 when Mike and Bryan co wrote every episode (rushed ending beat aside the writing in said season was top notch) and every episode was directed by Joaquim Dos Santos & Ki Hyun Ryu. It's when they brought on Tim Hedrick, Joshua Hamilton, and Katie Mattila (well she only wrote one episode) and started flipping between multiple directors for Season 2 onwards that there started to be cohesiveness issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Legend_of_Korra_episodes#Book_One:_Air_.282012.29

I think there were notes during book 2 that Bryan is a little hurt that people think of Mike as the sole 'story guy' haha. I'm sure that Bryan had a ton of input on the story.
If I were him I'd take pride in being the "art guy" the art direction of the show is one thing you really can't say a bad thing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom