• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethe82

Banned
If I were him I'd take pride in being the "art guy" the art direction of the show is one thing you really can't say a bad thing about.

This is true. The art direction for the series has always been pretty perfect (aside from eschewing the noir steampunk style of Republic City after season 1!)

This is true. The art direction for the series has always been pretty perfect (aside from eschewing the noir steampunk style of Republic City after season 1!)
This isn't Batman The Animated Series and it really wasn't written as such. If they were never going to fully develop the place then yeah they should've done more world exploring since the show got more interesting when you got to see that the world outside of Republic City in some ways didn't change that much after ATLA.

Lethe82

Banned
This isn't Batman The Animated Series and it really wasn't written as such. If they were never going to fully develop the place then yeah they should've done more world exploring since the show got more interesting when you got to see that the world outside of Republic City in some ways didn't change that much after ATLA.

...I honestly don't understand what you just wrote

Toa TAK

Banned
What do you mean Bryke is very much a real person?
AsZyDTL.png
Still creepy.

...I honestly don't understand what you just wrote
Long story short the show got more interesting when it left Republic City. The steampunk neo gothic setting of Republic City was fine in the first season, but the setting wasn't imperative for the show, like the gothic setting was for something like BTAS or Gargoyles for example. Some parts of the world didn't really change that drastically. Ba Sing Se was still just as fucked up if not more fucked up like it was in ATLA.
You in NY though, you used to this bullshit. My blasian ass doesn't appreciate this weather at all.
I'm used to the existence of this weather, but I still hate the fuck out of it.

What do you mean Bryke is very much a real person?
AsZyDTL.png

Only ever "existed" as a Storyboard according to him. Don't forget though that this rumour is based on him hearing from a friend who also heard it from another friend who was apparently told by Mike and Bryan about it during an interview.
So just a rumour at this point.

Is that both of them mixed together? lol

Just take a good look and appreciate who Suyin gave us.

Huan... idk what point he served, but he was there.

The twins... at least they were present during Operation Beifong

Opal... she's an airbender.

Umm... Bataar Jr. his simp skills are unmatched.

and... she introduced the world to Kuvira, yea... good person Su!! woot.

Continuing the Beifong tradition of excellent parenting, though Huan was fine to be honest. He just like Ned Flanders dad.

I feel like somehow I blinked and Toa became a rational figure in this thread and Jaded and Feenix went full Book 4 OT1 Toa
Somebody has to like Kuvira. Korra's fine, but she has enough cheerleaders. I'm not joining that side, I usually end up liking the character that's a bit weird or alone. Once I got passed the salt regarding how they portrayed her I pretty much just dropped my beef with her. Liking her fan art helped too. She's the right mix of androgynous and feminine and her personality is slightly rigid, but she seems like she can actually have fun, they just never cared about the villain actually having fun with being a villain or having fun as a human being. She just seemed like a bit of a half measure. Dio from Jojo is a villain and he fucking revels in it 100%, I just never got that sense from Kuvira. She just seemed like a good person trying to do the right thing and went whacky with it. Instead of Su trying to help her out or help her find a proper path she just abandons her. I guess the part of her constant abandonment allows me to relate to her a bit. I can and will have an actual discussion about Kuvira, but unless I need to I'll just root for the little lost orphan girl. Woman just needed some damn friends, not a Hitler cannon. And yeah what Feenix said. We're nowhere near as bad as Toa...we're way more fun.

Jacob

Man, you guys are really making me want to watch Ranma again. I liked it but I only made it like a dozen episodes in before the sheer number of future episodes really got to me. FMA: Brohood is still the longest anime I've watched to completion at a whopping 64 episodes. :p

I feel like somehow I blinked and Toa became a rational figure in this thread and Jaded and Feenix went full Book 4 OT1 Toa

Toa is just on the defensive, but be rest assured his undying devotion to Kuvira will outlast this two-pong assault. He's going for the long-haul cray cray win. Winter defensive lines will become spring offensives. And his enemies will burn like the sun on a Summer's day.

Man, you guys are really making me want to watch Ranma again. I liked it but I only made it like a dozen episodes in before the sheer number of future episodes really got to me. FMA: Brohood is still the longest anime I've watched to completion at a whopping 64 episodes. :p

dooo iiiitttt

giphy.gif

Lethe82

Banned

If you've a handful of Ranma 1/2 you've seen it all. You only really need to watch the bigger events in the series duration, everything else are one offs/filler I mean some of them are good yes, but the series never really builds on itself so you're not missing anything if you skip small stories.

I would've liked it if they kept Mara Jade.
I don't know who that is, but I agree anyway.
More info about that supposed "alternate ending"

"RE: Alternative Book 4 ending - Nickelodeon will never release it. It also was never animated, only reached animatics stage in development."
Source

"I would LOVE to release what happens in the Book 4 alternate ending, but I'll get in A LOT of trouble. Wanted you all to know it exists tho."
Source

He also got the Blu-ray early, so expect some Book 4 commentary notes soon from him. Looking forward to hearing what Bryke says in them.

https://twitter.com/LegendofKorraWp/status/570687242106216449
Whoa whoa whoa back up, I missed something: alternative ending?
Su is the ideal waifu

come at me bros

jk she would make me feel emasculated

disregard what I said before.

I'll break the cycle and rename it into... Suyin Beifong Appreciation!!!

The Su love is beautiful. She'd do some freaky shit and be a dynamite -I said DYNAMITE- fucking snuggler.
Also, the twins Wing and Wei are awesome. Wish they had more time. I wish Opal had gotten in on that Beifong family team action.
tumblr_ng5krw1Uub1rga3f7o1_500.gif

tumblr_nfapb4nvlt1soiz10o2_250.gif

tumblr_ng50sq8neI1ruu897o5_500.gif

tumblr_nfapb4nvlt1soiz10o1_250.gif

tumblr_n9c9mpZVfY1qj5jqso2_500.gif

tumblr_ltvv92mopd1qdj81co1_500.gif

dooo iiiitttt

giphy.gif
tumblr_nhzbwiNgOP1qknyvjo1_500.gif

I just watched the Parks and Recreation series finale so I'm in a very emotional state right now.

Quick someone fight me!
tumblr_ngdxvckhcC1sortl3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mwafm4kwl51rkvzuno1_500.gif
i0824053332.gif

And in the expanded Universe Mara Jade is Luke's bad ass wife. More people in here need to start watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in here. I think it's just me, 360Pages and Hamlet that watch it. Feenix should really watch that shit...from the beginning, don't miss out on Part's 1 & 2 because they're awesome.

tumblr_nhzbwiNgOP1qknyvjo1_500.gif

i0824053332.gif

And in the expanded Universe Mara Jade is Luke's bad ass wife. More people in here need to start watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure in here. I think it's just me, 360Pages and Hamlet that watch it. Feenix should really watch that shit...from the beginning, don't miss out on Part's 1 & 2 because they're awesome.
I'll watch Jojo when I decide to put the time in. Right now my time is allotted to other things and Jojo's is not one of those things.
Man Hawkgirl x Green Latern is the best Justice League ship.
Dats cuz Shayera's a good character and that was a well-written love story.

I'll watch Jojo when I decide to put the time in. Right now my time is allotted to other things and Jojo's is not one of those things.

Dats cuz Shayera's a good character and that was a well-written love story.
Hawk Girl is just too damn awesome and yeah her and Green Lantern are written really well. Bruce and Diana are too, but Bruce Bruced the shit out of it. I'm not hopping on that boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom