• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan calling the Korrasami Borg Collective to the Exhibition with this version of the bat signal

Tumblr went into a meltdown when he dropped that pic. LoK for the first time since the finale became the #1 trend in the world for a few moments.

If any of yall are going to the gallery, he's selling 100 of them and donating the money to a LGBTQ+ suicide hotline. But you know the Korrasami Borg Collective is probably already line up around the city block and it begins in two days.

Bet money if they were selling a single Kuvira painting autographed by Zelda, Toa would go full on Metal Gear Rising just to get that

tumblr_nirx4kSNaG1u80xjyo1_1280.jpg

2 many emotions

Tumblr went into a meltdown when he dropped that pic. LoK for the first time since the finale became the #1 trend in the world for a few moments.

If any of yall are going to the gallery, he's selling 100 of them and donating the money to a LGBTQ+ suicide hotline. But you know the Korrasami Borg Collective is probably already line up around the city block and it begins in two days.

Bet money if they were selling a single Kuvira painting autographed by Zelda, Toa would go full on Metal Gear Rising just to get that
I am a little annoyed by the lack of Kuvira or other characters in the artwork for that gallery. Show was more than just Korra and Korra wouldn't have achieved jack shit in that show without the help of her friends.

Toa TAK

Banned
I would totally head out to the gallery, but I work on Saturday night. :| What a bummer. Plus, I'll miss out on all the opening night stuff.
I will always love this one:
h96683793
Yaaasss.
You bet your ass I would.
2 many emotions

You just can't compare.

SystemBug

I am a little annoyed by the lack of Kuvira or other characters in the artwork for that gallery. Show was more than just Korra and Korra wouldn't have achieved jack shit in that show without the help of her friends.

But Korra is also the embodiment of all those people

DEEP

A family moment Kuvira deserved.
Iekun
But Korra is also the embodiment of all those people

DEEP
I get that that's true in it's own way, but it just feels like so many people that actually shaped Korra as an individual are getting kicked to the side. Could you imagine a gallery such as this for Yu Yu Hakusho without artwork of the Toguro Brothers, Genkai, Kuwabara, Hiei, Kurama, Keiko and several other characters?

Daemul

Bruh, weren't you paying attention at the end of the finale? The only thing that matter's in this show is Korrasami, everything else is irrelevant. :p

Su really doesn't seem like the type of person that would sit down and explain her reasoning. This is a bit of a meme for a reason and it's not just related to conquering the earth kingdom either:

Kuvira probably actually had relevant ideas on running Zaofu better as well, but Su probably just shot them down just because. Korra and Tenzin have something that Kuvira and Su lack and that's mutual respect for each other. Tenzin doesn't just few Korra as a puppet or some dog, he views her as Korra, the Avatar. Su probably just thinks of Kuvira as that orphan she rescued and probably never even bothered to realize that she's actually grown up to be a fairly capable person. Her earth kingdom conquering moment is probably just her going "I'm just like you, please notice and love me please." She definitely took that shit too far though and she should be punished for the damage she did, but Su never noticed that a woman with her past is probably going to wind up doing some fucked up shit if you don't keep an eye on her and guide her. Su never even apologizes for never really being there for her when she grew up. Because let's face it Suyin probably actually is Kuvira's mother figure, Su just never bothered to realize that she would have that effect on her.
This is actually a really good point.

QUOTE=Daemul;154736827]Kuvira is more Su's daughter than Opal is tbh

I felt that in theory, but not it what was actually shown[/QUOTE]
Read this, they really do have a lot in common.
Kuvira is Su with bigger balls/ovaries
This is actually a really good point.
This is why I always apportion some of the blame for Kuvira's actions on Su. All Su had to do was open her eyes and realize that Kuvira would have a lot of abandonment issues and would most likely idolize her and her family and want something like that. The woman wanted to be loved and took offense to Su abandoning the Earth Kingdom and by extension Kuvira herself. Damn woman needed some guidance...lots of it actually and her pretty much throwing Kuvira out was the last thing she should have actually done. I would like to think in the early stages or the rupture Kuvira could have been reasoned with, but those two are very fucking head strong and you would need a third party to even broker the whole fucking thing.

I only love her when she's at her rightful position
being shipped with Kuvira
. Other than that I tend to find her morally questionable that has no idea how her actions influence and effect other people.

That spoiler totally had me thinking you were going to say something else.

The time skip is exactly what the biggest problem is with the final season. So much happens yet we see so little.

-We miss a lot of development from Kuvira and how she came to do, well, everything.
-We miss a lot of the development of the world from a political standpoint
-We get nothing out of the new Air Nation.

It's painful, really.

You forgot the big one of the FUCKING PAIRING THEY STARTED TO PEDDLE AS PROGRESSIVE CONTENT.

That time skip is such a black hole its fucking ridiculous

I felt that in theory, but not it what was actually shown
Read this, they really do have a lot in common.

This is why I always apportion some of the blame for Kuvira's actions on Su. All Su had to do was open her eyes and realize that Kuvira would have a lot of abandonment issues and would most likely idolize her and her family and want something like that. The woman wanted to be loved and took offense to Su abandoning the Earth Kingdom and by extension Kuvira herself. Damn woman needed some guidance...lots of it actually and her pretty much throwing Kuvira out was the last thing she should have actually done. I would like to think in the early stages or the rupture Kuvira could have been reasoned with, but those two are very fucking head strong and you would need a third party to even broker the whole fucking thing.

Eh a bunch of this is all projection on your end tbh (what's to say all of that did actually happen during the skip but it ultimately just didn't work out) but with the series not giving much its all we get i guess.

No matter how fucked Su might be going from "a daughter" to straight out murder is way too much of a jump to just happened out of the blue, especially when she been all about family and shit for years but hey...

That's the Jaded I know. Thought you were changing on me for a second.
Owler really needs to do Suvira picture or three. Really needs to be a Suvira and Korvira month.
Eh a bunch of this is all projection on your end tbh (what's to say all of that did actually happen during the skip but it ultimately just didn't work out) but with the series not giving much its all we get i guess.
The way I see it based on my own experience it takes two people to fuck up a relationship, it's even proved in show with Lin and her family problems. We always hear the situation from Su's side, but never Kuvira's. That's a very crucial perspective that we're not getting.

You forgot the big one of the FUCKING PAIRING THEY STARTED TO PEDDLE AS PROGRESSIVE CONTENT.

That time skip is such a black hole its fucking ridiculous

Actually, the pairing is one of the few things we do get insight on. Or did you forget about the letters? Granted we don't see Asami's side of it, which suck, but we do actually see that relationship. It's from that point onwards that we don't see nearly as much, which in my opinion is worse.

Owler really needs to do Suvira picture or three. Really needs to be a Suvira and Korvira month.

The way I see it based on my own experience it takes two people to fuck up a relationship, it's even proved in show with Lin and her family problems. We always hear the situation from Su's side, but never Kuvira's. That's a very crucial perspective that we're not getting.

Which is a massive issue and makes Su looks like the bad guy due to just her actions (coupled with whatever gripes people had with her due to that whole Beifong family fuckup).

The scale is tipped in one direction way too much imo and its more because of not having enough info. And no that last minute reveal after all was said and done was fucking laughable. Really? you couldn't say that way before and integrate it into her story? that would have made way better know her motivations to where we can decide if its good or not.

Shes like a reverse Amon in execution(instead of having the motivation out there to build upon, then crush it after the reveal of being a sham we hardly have any motivation until the reveal that it was actually real) which is fucking baffling to me

Which is a massive issue and makes Su looks like the bad guy due to just her actions (coupled with whatever gripes people had with her due to that whole Beifong family fuckup).

The scale is tipped in one direction way too much imo and its more because of not having enough info. And no that last minute reveal after all was said and done was fucking laughable. Really? you couldn't say that way before and integrate it into her story? that would have made way better know her motivations to where we can decide if its good or not.

Shes like a reverse Amon in execution(instead of having the motivation out there to build upon, then crush it after the reveal of being a sham we hardly have any motivation until the reveal that it was actually real) which is fucking baffling to me
Yeah she really needed more screen time after her first fight with Korra, that would've been the perfect moment to get everything cleared up budget cuts or not.

Actually, the pairing is one of the few things we do get insight on. Or did you forget about the letters? Granted we don't see Asami's side of it, which suck, but we do actually see that relationship. It's from that point onwards that we don't see nearly as much, which in my opinion is worse.

The letter reveal was in the actual season though, where is the build up before that?

hell maybe shed some light on when she was incapacitated due to the poison an iirc Asami was taking care of her? Sprinkle some that of during Korra's journey of getting better? add Asami's point of view as you said?

it just seemed wasted when there is a bunch of stuff they could have used to hint more in a period that would have been ripe with content

The letter reveal was in the actual season though, where is the build up before that?

hell maybe shed some light on when she was incapacitated due to the poison an iirc Asami was taking care of her? Sprinkle some that of during Korra's journey of getting better? add Asami's point of view as you said?

it just seemed wasted when there is a bunch of stuff they could have used to hint more

Aside from adding more of Asami's perspective (which is something the show as a whole could have used far more of, but that's a tired discussion), there's not much more they could have done. I don't want to see every single small moment. Yes, small moments are what make a relationship appear all the more genuine, but I don't want to see every single one. There wasn't much to show between them during the three years, aside from the letters. So unless they wanted to give us more insight into Asami's perspective, there wasn't much to show other than what they did. I would have enjoyed it if they had shown us what the other MCs were doing during the time skip, but then again I would have enjoyed a lot of things about the final season had it been done differently.

Aside from adding more of Asami's perspective (which is something the show as a whole could have used far more of, but that's a tired discussion), there's not much more they could have done. I don't want to see every single small moment. Yes, small moments are what make a relationship appear all the more genuine, but I don't want to see every single one. There wasn't much to show between them during the three years, aside from the letters. So unless they wanted to give us more insight into Asami's perspective, there wasn't much to show other than what they did. I would have enjoyed it if they had shown us what the other MCs were doing during the time skip, but then again I would have enjoyed a lot of things about the final season had it been done differently.

Again it doesn't have to be every moment (i keep seeing this as a response for some reason) but it could throw a bone or 2 especially when there is a transition and it has ripe content. Something at like say 45% seems better than something at like 20% imo kinda like adding seasoning when cooking (add too little it sucks, add too much it also sucks, find the middle and its right enough).

Also i think Korra's initial recovery (can walk around and maybe bend) would have been a nice one to show to be honest but hey.

And yes the other characters would have been nice , especially Bolin since he made the most progressive decision in his fucking life at some point (we will ignore the fact it was basically for naught :p)

Yeah she really needed more screen time after her first fight with Korra, that would've been the perfect moment to get everything cleared up budget cuts or not.

Even in that fight she changed a lot and it was actually interesting (i think she showed the most emotion there than anywhere else in the series) until she reverted

Daemul

At least with Bolin, the last time we saw him was with his bae, so even though he got shafted, atleast he has someone who cares for him. Mako however....

Even in that fight she changed a lot and it was actually interesting (i think she showed the most emotion there than anywhere else in the series) until she reverted
Smug as fuck dominatrix Kuvira is best Kuvira.
*pours 40*

for a guy who didn't actually die it sure seems like he did :O
Mako was better off getting vaporized in the colossus, probably was his actual plan, then Bolin fucked it up by rescuing him.

Daemul

Mako knew about Korrasami, he knew about it since the reunion episode. He tried to off himself and avoid heartache, but Bolin fucked his plan up, so he then had to have one last ditch attempt at wooing Korra during the wedding reception, but it was too late, the Korrasami Borg collective had won.

RIP Mako, even though everyone is now making fun of you, a few of us will always remember the good things you did.

marriah.gif

I see.

They always want them to have kids. Fucking kids.

Yea, I always see that shit.

Mako is probably like this now after getting a couple of those Korrasami postcards.
attachment.php

You need to add tears to his face, lol.

Korvira has the best ships that don't have Bataar Jr. in them, even fanfics say she don't love him. Give me Suvira, Korvira, Kuvopal and Linvira any day of the God Damn Week!!!

I'm firmly on the SS Korvira now, and my fic managed to convert a former Baavira shipper to my cause.

Though this highly attractive Korvira shipper started following me, and I don't have a proper water bottle.

I'm firmly on the SS Korvira now, and my fic managed to convert a former Baavira shipper to my cause.

Though this highly attractive Korvira shipper started following me, and I don't have a proper water bottle.
I can't wait for others to get on that ship. Those two compliment each other pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom