• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

Maybe I'll PM you lolll. It would contribute absolutely nothing lol

Edit: actually I just thought of anither way to post it. Will return momentarily

NnoGhN1.gif

orochi91

Yeah just say it, it's not like we're talking about the damn show. ;_;

I've rewatched Book 2 a couple more times and I must say, Jinorah's Light is such a beautiful track.

That and I sorely wish Studio Pierrot had animated the entire season.

I love that free-form style they have, especially during frenetic fights.

Oh and the rearranged section of Peace Excerpt that played when Wan was sealing the portals was phenomenal as well.

Fucking MIA soundtracks.

Toa TAK

Banned
I've rewatched Book 2 a couple more times and I must say, Jinorah's Light is such a beautiful track.

Oh and the rearranged section Peace Excerpt that played when Wan was sealing the portals was phenomenal as well.

Fucking MIA soundtracks.
I hear you. I wish nick would release the score.

Jinora's Light is amazing.

Hamlet

Oh and the rearranged section of Peace Excerpt that played when Wan was sealing the portals was phenomenal as well.

Fucking MIA soundtracks.

Yeah Jinora's light is wonderful. Dammit Nick!
I don't like the idea of Studio Pierrot doing the whole season though ha. As while they did a good job with the fights the non action scenes are just so static and devoid of life. Once you notice the lack of blinking compared to studio Mir it's pretty distracting at times.

Hamlet

A Day at the Avatar/Korra Art Show at Gallery Nucleus
Having just come off of over ten years of bringing the Avatar-verse to the small screen, both Konietzko and DiMartino have opted to close the door on it, at least in the medium of animation.

“We had our time to make Korra, and then we’re all tired and burnt out. We need to move on and take that next step. I would not be surprised if a number of people from Korra had their own shows within the next ten years.”

It seems that some of the Korra staff is already working together on a new project, which has been jokingly referred to as “Korra 2.0,” not because of any connection to the Avatar-verse (Mike and Bryan were both very emphatic about that), but because of the shared creative experience of most if not all of the creative team on this mysterious new venture.

As for Mike and Bryan themselves, while they aren’t working on anything together at the moment, swiftly and directly debunking that rumor of a new project to be unveiled at Comic-Con, they are working on their own separate projects. Though no longer working together, they continue to support one another’s efforts and are leaving the door open for future collaborations.

Before I lost them in the crowd, I managed to get you all a little more inside info.

Episode 8 of Korra’s final season, “Remembrances,” was always meant to be a clip show. The budget cut was announced early enough that the season was planned out around it, so it’s not like there’s a lost episode floating around. Mike and Bryan planned out twelve episodes of plot, and that’s what we got.

Well so much for that Comic Con rumour. Unless they're bluffing hmm.
Looking forward to seeing what this Korra 2.0 is. Another action adventure show hopefully.

Toa TAK

Banned
So they're done with the universe, I'm cool with that.

The exhobit ends on Saturday or Sunday?

Also, that answers my question about the clip show. Glad no plot was lost. Worth it for the Varrick mover.

A Day at the Avatar/Korra Art Show at Gallery Nucleus

Well so much for that Comic Con rumour. Unless they're bluffing hmm.
Looking forward to seeing what this Korra 2.0 is. Another action adventure show hopefully.
Nice to hear that they always planned to shaft Kuvira on character development. You had one job Bryke. Man I forgot how fucked up the Starcrossed arc is, poor John. Dude just got maced by the woman he loves, I don't want to know that feel bruh. Shayera's husband, lost the plot hard.

Whatever do you mean good sir?

AM doesn't draw such.... Filth!!!

that Kuvira/Satsuki tho, *heavy breathing *
Not to mention their kid.
Yep and just scrolled through some Alert Mode on my phone...no way in hell I'm doing this on my work computer.
Not even Azula can dominate Kuvira.

Nice to hear that they always planned to shaft Kuvira on character development. You had one job Bryke. Man I forgot how fucked up the Starcrossed arc is, poor John. Dude just got maced by the woman he loves, I don't want to know that feel bruh. Shayera's husband, lost the plot hard.

I feel like they actually had many jobs.

But yeah, Starcrossed is amazing. One of my favorite eps of JL, up there with Twilight, the Justice Lords episode, and the Royal Flush episode. The one where Superman "dies" is also amazing.

The one with the weird moon/snake people was terrible. Only episode I didn't like. Well, I'm not really a fan of Savage Times either.

I feel like they actually had many jobs.

But yeah, Starcrossed is amazing. One of my favorite eps of JL, up there with Twilight, the Justice Lords episode, and the Royal Flush episode. The one where Superman "dies" is also amazing.

The one with the weird moon/snake people was terrible. Only episode I didn't like. Well, I'm not really a fan of Savage Times either.
Is Savage Times the WWII ep? I like that one. Superman dies only to find a crazed, but nice Vandal Savage that desperately wants house company is quite funny. Justice Lords is great because it shows that no matter what happens John and Shayera are together, that and Justice Lord Superman is cold as fuck. Dude melted Lex Luthor.

Is Savage Times the WWII ep? I like that one. Superman dies only to find a crazed, but nice Vandal Savage that desperately wants house company is quite funny. Justice Lords is great because it shows that no matter what happens John and Shayera are together, that and Justice Lord Superman is cold as fuck. Dude melted Lex Luthor.

Well, Justice Lords is also really important because it sets off the entire plot for S1 of JLU.

And yes, Savage Times is the WWII episode. I really wasn't feeling it. Maybe it was the focus on John that killed it. He's a boring character for me, personally.

Well, Justice Lords is also really important because it sets off the entire plot for S1 of JLU.

And yes, Savage Times is the WWII episode. I really wasn't feeling it. Maybe it was the focus on John that killed it. He's a boring character for me, personally.
John has his moments. John's problem is his confidence. He has those moments of thinking his just "the ring." Does this mean you don't like the arc where he's reunited with his trainer Katma?
Who is Alert Mode? Are they on Tumblr?
I believe he's on Tumblr. Do not search in public with a big screen, you've been warned.
I'm sorry Korra, but you don't have shit on Balsa:

John has his moments. John's problem is his confidence. He has those moments of thinking his just "the ring." Does this mean you don't like the arc where he's reunited with his trainer Katma?

The Green Lantern stuff in the show wasn't done as well as it should have been, personally. Like, I just feel that GL and WW got shafted when it came to the storyline department. They're perfectly fine characters in their own right, but they didn't have many storylines that I felt were up there. I enjoyed the WW stuff more than GL, and the only part I enjoyed about GL was Kilowogg.

Although no one, NO ONE, got shafted as much as Martian Manhunter.

NO

ONE

The Green Lantern stuff in the show wasn't done as well as it should have been, personally. Like, I just feel that GL and WW got shafted when it came to the storyline department. They're perfectly fine characters in their own right, but they didn't have many storylines that I felt were up there. I enjoyed the WW stuff more than GL, and the only part I enjoyed about GL was Kilowogg.

Although no one, NO ONE, got shafted as much as Martian Manhunter.

NO

ONE
John Jones takes a big ass sabbatical for like no apparent reason.

I wanna read a hilarious post. :(
You're not strong enough to even survive the content on that Tumblr page to even get to the post in question.
http://alertmode.tumblr.com/post/113624965244/hi-there-i-was-just-wondering-what-happened-w

it's safe, just don't browse his main page if you want to maintain your sanity

Not saying their complaints aren't legit, especially "white washed" Korra, but damn that's not some shit I would write a Veelk about. If you want to vent about fan art, browse rule 34 and go after those nasty ass artists.
God damn he went in deep.

Daemul

Some of the wars that happen on Tumblr among members of the same fandom make no sense. We have people getting divided over fanart, fucking fanart. I mean seriously what the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom