• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to mention that they both sink their own ships. You have Batman standing on a rooftop listing reasons to not continue to date Wonder Woman.

Well Batman just kind of hates himself and loves his job too much. Diana is just trying to get some of those foreign goods.

I think it's a nice relationship they have, since Bruce does have a thing for Diana but he gets in his way because his only true love is street justice. Diana understands Bruce and all of his shit, but she's a warrior and also doesn't care, so she ain't gonna back down.

It's totes adorbs.

tumblr_nh2mjzFovz1t0igjoo1_250.gif

540d116552d1e983e45226b09d8e89f2.jpg

tumblr_nh2mjzFovz1t0igjoo6_500.gif

Well Batman just kind of hates himself and loves his job too much. Diana is just trying to get some of those foreign goods.

I think it's a nice relationship they have, since Bruce does have a thing for Diana but he gets in his way because his only true love is street justice. Diana understands Bruce and all of his shit, but she's a warrior and also doesn't care, so she ain't gonna back down.

It's totes adorbs.

I was just watching those two episodes this morning. Wonder Woman and Batman are adorable together but any Batman ship is a doomed boat that I'm not walking onto. I like him with Wonder Woman and Talia, him and Barbara is just cradle robbing...stealing Dicks girl...that's fucked up Bruce.

I was just watching those two episodes this morning. Wonder Woman and Batman are adorable together but any Batman ship is a doomed boat that I'm not walking onto. I like him with Wonder Woman and Talia, him and Barbara is just cradle robbing...stealing Dicks girl...that's fucked up Bruce.

Yeah the thing with Barbara...he didn't really steal Dick's girl. It's kinda weird, because if you go by the Batman Beyond comics (particularly Batman Beyond 2.0, where Dick is now Terry's mentor and is basically Nick Fury), it seems like she left Dick for another guy and that's who she's married to in Batman Beyond (Sam). But there's an implication that at some point, her and Bruce had a small thing that lasted a bit. It's really confusing and one of those things I'm still trying to rationalize.

Yeah the thing with Barbara...he didn't really steal Dick's girl. It's kinda weird, because if you go by the Batman Beyond comics (particularly Batman Beyond 2.0, where Dick is now Terry's mentor and is basically Nick Fury), it seems like she left Dick for another guy and that's who she's married to in Batman Beyond (Sam). But there's an implication that at some point, her and Bruce had a small thing that lasted a bit. It's really confusing and one of those things I'm still trying to rationalize.
I've been wanting Dick and Terry to meet since the Beyond movie. How's their chemistry?

It's totes adorbs.

The best one was the reveal of
Batman's blues voice
, such a great episode where even the enemy won/got what they wanted LOLOL

I've been wanting Dick and Terry to meet since the Beyond movie. How's their chemistry?

It's about what you'd think. Dick is older and wiser, but still more light-hearted. Terry plays off of this as well. They basically talk a lot of smack.

It's nice, but it's a little bit boring compared to Terry and Bruce since they're so similar.

It's about what you'd think. Dick is older and wiser, but still more light-hearted. Terry plays off of this as well. They basically talk a lot of smack.

It's nice, but it's a little bit boring compared to Terry and Bruce since they're so similar.
That actually sounds about right. Though I always imagined Dick ranting about Bruce over the headset occasionally. Dick isn't Bruce so I can imagine him having a bit of fun with the whole thing.

That actually sounds about right. Though I always imagined Dick ranting about Bruce over the headset occasionally. Dick isn't Bruce so I can imagine him having a bit of fun with the whole thing.

Dick doesn't rant about Bruce. He just reminds Terry that he doesn't have to be Bruce to be a good Batman, since Terry has a bit of an inferiority complex in that regard. Who wouldn't, though?

That always bugged me about DCAU Dick is that, as Nightwing, he becomes a broody brat who resents Bruce. That's not who he is/was in the comics, and so I found the DCAU version to be his worst version. Plus, that mullet is fucking stupid. At least he got rid of it in the comics (and for all the better).

Dick doesn't rant about Bruce. He just reminds Terry that he doesn't have to be Bruce to be a good Batman, since Terry has a bit of an inferiority complex in that regard. Who wouldn't, though?

That always bugged me about DCAU Dick is that, as Nightwing, he becomes a broody brat who resents Bruce. That's not who he is/was in the comics, and so I found the DCAU version to be his worst version. Plus, that mullet is fucking stupid. At least he got rid of it in the comics (and for all the better).
Based on what you say Young Justice Nightwing is a more accurate representation of Dick. He seems to be a fucking chick magnet.

Veelk

Banned
In the Batman Beyond comics, Bruce got Babs pregnant. I don't remember if Dick was dating Babs at the time or if he just had strong feelings for her, but Bruce knew and still did what he did, got her preggers, and that was the final straw that broke the relationship between the three.

The dickest move Batman ever pulled. He went straight up Mako there.

Based on what you say Young Justice Nightwing is a more accurate representation of Dick. He seems to be a fucking chick magnet.
YJ Dick is amazing. My favorite character in that show, followed by Wally and Red Arrow. Also Jesse McCartney is a fantastic voice actor. Seriously. He's the best part of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
In the Batman Beyond comics, Bruce got Babs pregnant. I don't remember if Dick was dating Babs at the time or if he just had strong feelings for her, but Bruce knew and still did what he did, got her preggers, and that was the final straw that broke the relationship between the three.

The dickest move Batman ever pulled. He went straight up Mako there.

Dick's always had strong feelings towards her. I didn't know that's what had happened. I've only read the first trade of Batman Beyond 2.0. Fucking hell Bruce.

MartyStu

I know that the series was left without a conclusion, but the fact that the Light never really got their commupance will always bug me.

On the topic of the QA, I'm the kind of person who would ask silly meta questions like "what questions will you ultimately never give us a decisive answer for?"

True, but at least it was not as bad as Spectacular Spider-Man.

Just thinking about how that was left off fills me with rage.

Veelk

Banned
Oh, I almost forgot. I remember there was an interview with bryke during the time in which I was banned, where they said Mako thought of Korra as a love interest before and thought of her as a person after she broke up with him.

Like, holy shit. That's even fucking worse than what we all thought. I atleast assumed that he just couldn't keep it in his pants and was confused. But apparently, he was actively just thinking of Korra as something to fuck even during their relationship, and only considered her a person afterwards. Either they really didn't think that answer through or they wanted to fuel the hatetrain on Mako for some reason.

Oh, I almost forgot. I remember there was an interview with bryke during the time in which I was banned, where they said Mako thought of Korra as a love interest before and thought of her as a person after she broke up with him.

Like, holy shit. That's even fucking worse than what we all thought. I atleast assumed that he just couldn't keep it in his pants and was confused. But apparently, he was actively just thinking of Korra as something to fuck even during their relationship, and only considered her a person afterwards. Either they really didn't think that answer through or they wanted to fuel the hatetrain on Mako for some reason.

image.php

Toa TAK

Banned

Man, and just think of how small that makes Mako as a character. Like, he was a guy who couldn't even think of THE AVATAR as her equal until after the fact.

Daemul

Oh Lord, I was hoping I wasn't the only person who picked up on that. Mako got made to look the fool once again.

Veelk

Banned
For the record, I don't buy that interpretation at all. Mako's interactions with Korra when they weren't at each other's throats not only just had all the indications of a normal relationship, but the way they acted made them seem shy of each other if anything. Remember that Mako and Asami's date had them at a high restaurant in a stunning dress, plus I think they exchanged more physical affection than what we saw with Mako and Korra, whose idea of a date is them hanging out with Naga telling each other about their days without any physical contact at all. If Mako is a sexual predator, he's as shit at that as he is at the rest of his life.

So I'm pretty sure that response was just made up on the spot. But why the hell would THAT be the first thing to come to their minds of all things?
Spoiler, it's probably because they didn't actually think the relationship through, same as with every other aspect of the story.

Nooo not the best Mako avatar
tumblr_mokfv85KUl1r8tyjfo1_r1_500.gif

This avatar is a part of me now, like Raava.

For the record, I don't buy that interpretation at all. Mako's interactions with Korra when they weren't at each other's throats not only just had all the indications of a normal relationship, but the way they acted made them seem shy of each other if anything. Remember that Mako and Asami's date had them at a high restaurant in a stunning dress, plus I think they exchanged more physical affection than what we saw with Mako and Korra, whose idea of a date is them hanging out with Naga telling each other about their days without any physical contact at all. If Mako is a sexual predator, he's as shit at that as he is at the rest of his life.

So I'm pretty sure that response was just made up on the spot. But why the hell would THAT be the first thing to come to their minds of all things?
Spoiler, it's probably because they didn't actually think the relationship through, same as with every other aspect of the story.

I agree. I think Bryke didn't articulate that properly, it's not consistent with the show.

You make a very good point about that.
Bataar is quite proud actually, Mako just hides that shit in shame.

Mako can't win for shit. In universe and out of universe fan fics stay shittin on him. Ranma turns into a girl with a drop of cold water and still eeks out more wins than Mako.

Mako can't win for shit. In universe and out of universe fan fics stay shittin on him. Ranma turns into a girl with a drop of cold water and still eeks out more wins than Mako.
Mako is Moose and that fool turns into a duck or at the very least he's Tatewaki. Even Ryoga gets more attention when he turns into a pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom