• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
I hope there aren't any. Bryan and Mike said they are done with the Avatarverse in terms of animation. My problem with DB is that it hasn't fucking stopped. Ever. ATLA/TLoK can have their ending and leave it there.

Agreed, I really like that as of right now the Avatar verse is done with animation.

Hell, its probably better that the verse will continue in comic form because there is now way nick is investing anymore more money in a action/adventure show again given there treatment towards the verse after season two of ATLA.

Plus in the comics you can get away with stuff the networks would probably avoid.

You also touch on something I really like, I really do prefer shows/entertainment that know when to end and just don't go on because of money.

I'm looking at you Supernatural.

Ray Down

Banned
DBZ is a cash cow, ATLA and Korra aren't.

Although, there was no way for ATLA/LOK to make money like DBZ.

Its seems like Nick did everything in there power to mess with the shows and make less money.

I mean I swear there more official toys/merchandise for the live action movie then there were for either ALTA or LOK.

Its seems like Nick did everything in there power to mess with the shows and make less money.

I mean I swear there more official toys/merchandise for the live action movie then there were for either ALTA or LOK.
They don't even have god damn merchandise for the characters. I wouldn't mind buying decent figures of Kuvira, Ming Hua and P'Li, but nope nothing.

360pages

I think the main problem with ALTA and LOK is the fact that while they are both great series...well I think Korra is just okay. They aren't really marketable like DBZ or other

Not really enough characters that will make people say. (I want X toy of!) No one is going to be dragging their parents to get them a toy of fucking Wu, though everyone probably wanted a Frieza toy. There are about 14 characters between both Avatar series that are worth a figure. Which is fine, it's not that kind of series.

That and it seemed that the Avatar creators didn't really care much about the side material and what not. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing. The fact it took so long to make a half decent Avatar game... attest to that.

"I care sir." "Shut up, Skeets."

The thing about Waller's experiments is, they're all really stupid.

A damsel in distress is his favorite kind of damsel.

Let's see if I recall:

The Union was basically a group of people who were essentially remembering, although we never find out about this "War" that everyone keeps referring to aside from the fact that the Megadeuces were involved. The Roger Smiths were either a dream, or the implication is that there were multiple Roger Smiths created to pilot the Bigs (O, Fau, Duo) and this story is just following one of those. The whole bit about tomatoes has something to do with basically breeding new pilots for the Bigs. Roger not aging probably has to do with the memory reset.

You don't even know, dude. You don't even know.

The Union were basically bad tomatoes that got exiled. They then had an agreement with Alex Rosewater to exchange the parts of Big Fau in the foreign megadeuces (megadi?). I just remembered actually a few lines which seemed to insinuate that there were no memories, that they were all fake. I don't know where the megadeuces come from then, or why they would even exist in the world.

Ah well, great show regardless.

Ray Down

Banned
They don't even have god damn merchandise for the characters. I wouldn't mind buying decent figures of Kuvira, Ming Hua and P'Li, but nope nothing.

I know man, if they put out decent figures for Aang, Zuko, Korra, Amon etc I would buy them.

And thats not even getting into other merchandise they could have released, I mean if Nick didn't believe kids would buy ATLA/LOK toys (which I think is bullshit) then they should release stuff for the older kids.

And even when they do sell well they stop, like with the soundtracks./goes to cry in corner.

-Deimos

Ranma has taken a weird turn after Ryoga showed up, not leaving enough time for those Genma and Kuno shenanigans. And what the hell is up with Genma being in panda mode 24/7.

Also, Kodachi is as crazy as I expected. hahahahaha hahahaha

Not true. We can post every frame of her since she was poorly inserted into Book 3.

You have to do this now.

That's not going to happen.
If we make this thread too awesome we'll get banned and this thread will lose its resuscitation crew.
Ranma has taken a weird turn after Ryoga showed up, not leaving enough time for those Genma and Kuno shenanigans. And what the hell is up with Genma being in panda mode 24/7.

Genma is the only character that has no problem being in animal mode. Dude's lazy as fuck any way, freeloading off of everybody and what not. I think the next girl is not as crazy as Kodachi but three times more possessive.

Eh wasn't much of a fan of Big O season 2 due to the last half.

Liked it better when Roger was Batman with a mech and the occasional hint of the Megadeus's history such as the
appearance of Schwarzwald and another Megadeus

That's not going to happen.

why not?

You have to do this now.

Kodachi is other best girl. I think Ukyo debuts in Season 2 so you have to wait for that.

Liked it better when Roger was Batman with a mech and the occasional hint of the Megadeus's history such as the
A megadeus appears every episode. "Megadeus" is just the show's version of "kaiju." It's whenever giant bullshit shows up.
Whats happening?
It's just wacky.

I had the same feelings as you but I just rewatched it and I liked it soooo much more when you look out for little details and clues.

A megadeus appears every episode. "Megadeus" is just the show's version of "kaiju." It's whenever giant bullshit shows up.

that was more season 2 though iirc.

and i'm using "Megadeus" to represent the
mechs very similar to Roger's and not the other garbage he was fighting
, hence why i really liked that
Schwarzwald ep since it proved that they were similar mechs out there somewhere along with the added bonus of Schwarzwald being crazy as fuck(or was he? :p )

I hope they haven't overhyped it too much, otherwise the backlash will be huge.
It's for fans of Demons' and Dark Souls, which is rather vocal. As long as you like those games you shouldn't really be disappointed with it. I like the first two games, I'm not not hardcore obsessive with the franchise.

So the whole reason that thread craziness went on was because the guy who was supposed to do the OT was late. So Bish waited for him to finish the OT and post it.

When he posted it, bish locked his own crazy thread. After two pages of the other guy's OT, he (well modbot, but probably him) posted something like "Be on time, or not at all" and locked that thread, then made ANOTHER thread which is going to be the real OT lmao

Veelk

Banned
It's funny how coming back home for break can be relaxing for precisely one day before you remember how much you hate living with your parents and want to go back.

-Deimos

So the whole reason that thread craziness went on was because the guy who was supposed to do the OT was late. So Bish waited for him to finish the OT and post it.

When he posted it, bish locked his own crazy thread. After two pages of the other guy's OT, he (well modbot, but probably him) posted something like "Be on time, or not at all" and locked that thread, then made ANOTHER thread which is going to be the real OT lmao

Just another day on gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom