• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting into arguments on GameFAQS. It's hilarious just how easily discussions are derailed on that site.

GameFAQS is a fun site, but it's hardly one to take seriously. There are too many blantant trolls and their policy there is far too lenient. I mean, I get in discussions there too, but I feel that discussions here on GAF are generally more worthwhile since there tends to be more genuine people and less trolls.

He would love Attack on Titan
But he doesn't seem to like anime.
snk-flying.gif

Lets get real here.

anime

"a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

"a style"

Not solely classifying the region of where it was made, but referring to a style.

Legend of Korra has much more of an anime look and structure than it has in relation to american cartoons.

Ha, you guys thought I was kidding.

Jk I always thought animes had to be made in Japan to be rightfully classified as an anime, but then I looked up the definition of it on google and now I can see how the argument can be made otherwise.

Lets get real here.

anime

"a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

"a style"

Not solely classifying the region of where it was made, but referring to a style.

Legend of Korra has much more of an anime look and structure than it has in relation to american cartoons.

Jk I always thought animes had to be made in Japan to be rightfully classified as an anime, but then I looked up the definition of it on google and now I can see how the argument can be made otherwise.

I dare you to go post in the Anime thread and act like that, heh.

that was more season 2 though iirc.

and i'm using "Megadeus" to represent the
mechs very similar to Roger's and not the other garbage he was fighting
, hence why i really liked that
Schwarzwald ep since it proved that they were similar mechs out there somewhere along with the added bonus of Schwarzwald being crazy as fuck(or was he? :p )
Those are referred to specifically as the Big models. I understand your logic though.
And yes, Schwartzwald was crazy. He just also happened to be correct.
I literally only watch AMVs when they are structured to the opening of a show. Like this or this.

I know that sounds snobbish, but it's what works for me.
GameFAQS is a fun site, but it's hardly one to take seriously. There are too many blantant trolls and their policy there is far too lenient. I mean, I get in discussions there too, but I feel that discussions here on GAF are generally more worthwhile since there tends to be more genuine people and less trolls.
Oh GameFAQs. Still providing me with stat guides when I need them to.

Sometimes. Usually, I'll just go to a wiki.
I dare you to go post in the Anime thread and act like that, heh.
Anime communities suck. All the ones I've either been in or around all sucked. YouTube has their own little sect of reviewers and clans and shit. All garbage. They're either pretentious snobs, creepy douchebags, or high all of the time. Or a combination of the three,

NeoGAF anime threads always suck, so I'm not even going to actually try to get into the community proper.

IGN was...well, IGN.

I like Anime reviewers, but AnimeGaf is kind of rough. Mangagaf is a lot more laxed.

It's weird how correct you are. Like, Manga communities are so much more chill than Anime communities.

Like, the Comic community on GAF is swell, but you turn to any show/movie thread and it all goes to shit.

Lets get real here.

anime

"a style"

Korra can't be anime, it treats women with too much respect.

Yeah I went there

360pages

Korra can't be anime, it treats women with too much respect.

Yeah I went there

I liked the part where most of the females are portrayed as lunatics in almost all their relationships with male characters.,

I don't think Korra is bad in any regard, but I legit wouldn't put it above an average anime most of the time.

I liked the part where most of the females are portrayed as lunatics in almost all their relationships with male characters.,

I don't think Korra is bad in any regard, but I legit wouldn't put it above an average anime most of the time.
Me neither. Balsa from Moribito is a very good example of a female main character. Strong, intelligent, resourceful, but can be very mature and motherly. Korra wishes she could act like Balsa.

I thought he meant in regards to fan service.

Define "average anime". From the small bit of it I've seen, even mainstream stuff like attack on titan doesn't give women a lot of independence.

360pages

Define "average anime". From the small bit of it I've seen, even mainstream stuff like attack on titan doesn't give women a lot of independence.

Tokyo Ghoul. Hell, even One Piece despite the Fanservice has almost every character have their own goals in life.

Ghost in the Shell.

360pages

people in anime hardly talk like real people actually would either.

I honestly don't see that as a bad thing most of the time though. Since rarely does a series really pertain to things we see in the real world either. I'd say Korra suffers from a similar problem. Though it is more though characters actions rather than dialog itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom