• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

1. A new Sailor Moon anime makes sense. The original one was very different from the manga in many ways and the new anime is alot closer to the source. Its like FMA Brotherhood: An anime of a popular series that is more closer to the original source material.

2. Saint Seiya is still continuing, the manga restarted in 2006. Omega (like the only anime since the original) is a non canon spin-off of the original series basically GT.

3. Dragon Ball is only back to make money, since kids at the time when it came out are older and thus have more disposable income for nostalgia.

I was fine with Part 3 being a mini series, but having a movie before it even comes out.

To be fair, the new Salior Moon Anime pretty much make the characters flat uninteresting and everything. I'm not sure how the original Manga was like compared to the Anime. But the new Anime is kind of really bad, it's one of the reasons why it might have be best that they did what they did for Kai. Since I shutter to think about the QUALITY that would leak.

Also, I think the reason why Dragon Ball is back is because AT wants to do something with it again. He was always a creator that did things on a whim. So since he pretty much stopped doing dragon ball stuff for awhile he probably just got a spark for it again and started doing it.

He has always been a creator that rarely actually goes back to read the things he wrote. Hell, he even said that he actually didn't watch a lot of the anime and movies just because he didn't have a lot of time.

Ray Down

Banned
To be fair, the new Salior Moon Anime pretty much make the characters flat uninteresting and everything. I'm not sure how the original Manga was like compared to the Anime. But the new Anime is kind of really bad, it's one of the reasons why it might have be best that they did what they did for Kai. Since I shutter to think about the QUALITY that would leak.

Also, I think the reason why Dragon Ball is back is because AT wants to do something with it again. He was always a creator that did things on a whim. So since he pretty much stopped doing dragon ball stuff for awhile he probably just got a spark for it again and started doing it.

He has always been a creator that rarely actually goes back to read the things he wrote. Hell, he even said that he actually didn't watch a lot of the anime and movies just because he didn't have a lot of time.

Well thats how the were in the manga, there are differences I wish i could get into extreme detail, wish my ex was on here to explain because she told me this before and it went out one ear and through the other. I surprised Toei didn't do that considering how cheap they can be it would obviously be a lot less work then a new anime.

Yeah Toriyama is that type of writer, he gone on record saying he tends to be very forgetful and wrote the series most of the time week to week. His work can still be entertaining.

The Boruto movie reminds me of the Star Wars Clone wars movie that came out before the series even began.

Ray Down

Banned
Best hairstyle.

I agree.

0918df4dd0c189e67d3654d099aee5b5.jpg

It did seem pretty half realized. It's an interesting world, but the execution on sesaon 2 is poor. I did find enjoyment from watching it at least.

S2 is...it's really hard to understand if you don't watch Gaiden. Even then it's tough to understand what's going on. I did manage to decipher a good amount though.

Basically,
Yin (Izanami) and Shion (Izanagi) are apparently these ultimate contractors. These prophesied weapons. Essentially, Yin and Shion form an alliance: Shion creates A WHOLE NEW FUCKING PLANET, but in order to do it, he needed Yin for some reason (I still couldn't figure that part out). Yin then somehow separated from Izanami, who is then born at the end of the season.

The core issue with all of this is that it's never fleshed out. None of it. We don't know anything about this, and even the OVAs don't do much to help the case. The characters, animation, and action sequences are great, and the plot could be cool. The problem is that none of that setting is fleshed out, so all this talk about
contractor weapons and prophecies
makes no sense. It's really hard to understand.

Jacob

Best hairstyle.

The hell are those little twisty strands that frame her face? Long hair 4lyfe.

He was perfectly fine in season 1, then weird shit happened. I don't hate season 2, but to be honest he should've just ended up with that cute police chief. Them making it all about that albino girl didn't help anything.

Hei X Police Lady is my Darker than Black OTP. S2 was okay, but it felt like a totally different show from S1 most of the time. The setting and the anthology-ish feel were what I liked most about the show anyway. Gaiden was okay though.

He was perfectly fine in season 1, then weird shit happened. I don't hate season 2, but to be honest he should've just ended up with that cute police chief. Them making it all about that albino girl didn't help anything.

I completely ignore season 2.

As far as i'm concerned that shit didn't happen, kinda like Devil May Cry 2

I completely ignore season 2.

As far as i'm concerned that shit didn't happen, kinda like Devil May Cry 2

Comparatively speaking though, Book 2 is not on the same level of "This didn't happen" that DMC2 is. Book 2 at least has good traits, even though those are completely relative, it has them. Good animation, good fights, good design with the spirit world and it has Beginnings, which also helps facilitate all other arguments.

DMC2 has almost no redeeming traits. It's the only DMC game I stopped because of boredom.

I was bored

Of a DMC game.

Let that sink in. Boredom and DMC should not go together. Like peanut butter and battery acid. It doesn't work.

Man the Stardust Crusaders OVA has a really bland color palette. JJBA Is too fabulous for something that drab. Should still watch it because I heard some of the fights were handled better though.
Hei X Police Lady is my Darker than Black OTP. S2 was okay, but it felt like a totally different show from S1 most of the time. The setting and the anthology-ish feel were what I liked most about the show anyway. Gaiden was okay though.
Those two were so cute together how could Hei pass that woman up? She had a good job, bad ass, cute as hell in glasses, intelligent. If Hei was't as cool as he was...minus season 2 "beat a girl while I'm drunk" Hei I'd be calling him a simp. Why can't these anime guys make the right romantic choice? Seriously how do you pass this up?
3768f54b0f3172584a393af674e6b1c0.jpg

Never been a fan of Asami's S4 hairstyle.
I will always be a fan of Book 3 Kuvira's hair, just too much swag. It's simple, but just too damn sexy.

JLU: To Another Shore:

Damn Jean Jones hates people. Lol at Green Arrow singing his own theme song. And Jean is gone so he can reconnect with people.

Flash and Substance:

Lol Captain Cold is worried about paying his mortgage. The "hardest me in town" can't even drink liquor. It's interesting seeing how the Flash actually seems to care about his bad guys.

-Deimos

Damn Jean Jones hates people. Lol at Green Arrow singing his own theme song. And Jean is gone so he can reconnect with people.

Flash and Substance:

Lol Captain Cold is worried about paying his mortgage. The "hardest me in town" can't even drink liquor. It's interesting seeing how the Flash actually seems to care about his bad guys.
Haha GA is hilarious.

Flash and Substance:

I have to do this: It's J'onn J'onzz. His human name is John Jones. He's not French.

Also, the Flash isn't a shitbag because he doesn't need to be. His criminals aren't really insane, and even then all they do is rob banks. Captain Boomerang is the scummiest of the Rogues, and any speedster villains target him directly.

Man I can't find the really cool panel that leads off of that

I have to do this: It's J'onn J'onzz. His human name is John Jones. He's not French.

Also, the Flash isn't a shitbag because he doesn't need to be. His criminals aren't really insane, and even then all they do is rob banks. Captain Boomerang is the scummiest of the Rogues, and any speedster villains target him directly.

Man I can't find the really cool panel that leads off of that
I'm never in the mood to type his Martian name and I legit thought they just used the French spelling so the voice actors knew who they were on script. So they really used the same "john" spelling twice? Wowl Flashes Rogues are way different from Batman's. When have you ever heard the Joker talking about paying his mortgage?

I'm never in the mood to type his Martian name and I legit thought they just used the French spelling so the voice actors knew who they were on script. So they really used the same "john" spelling twice? Wowl Flashes Rogues are way different from Batman's. When have you ever heard the Joker talking about paying his mortgage?

I wish I could find the follow-up panel. Wally putting Bruce in his goddamned place.

Woah now, watch yourself.

EDIT:Wtf, Asami is perfect you guys, she just had a couple of brain farts here and there but that doesn't diminish her in any way, since even the greatest of us messes up from time to time.
I'm honestly still trying to figure out what people like about her beyond her looks. She's not bad, but she's just too perfect looking, which is something that I tend to find boring, even in real life women.
You guys are really into Asami too much.
I'm a Kuvira kind of guy.
for me it was that pool scene with the 1920s swimsuit.
Her dance practice introduction scene sealed the deal for me. Asami ain't doing that with her legs.

Toa TAK

Banned
You guys keep comin' up with some terrible tags.

Also, remember when you guys wanted an Avatar Community thread so bad?

Mhahahahaha. Kuvira Themed-thread>anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom