• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
In Miller's defense, I really enjoyed his Year One, TDKR, 300, and MWNF. His stuff being a basis for cinematic media constantly says something. He had a lot of great ideas and stories for certain characters and it shows.

Have you read All Star Batman?

Its not like Miller's Batman is all revered an shit since hes a fucking psychopath that is supposedly a hero.

So both sides comes out looking "bad" anyways. *shrug*

In Miller's defense, I really enjoyed his Year One, TDKR, 300, and MWNF. His stuff being a basis for cinematic media constantly says something. He had a lot of great ideas and stories for certain characters and it shows.

Have you read All Star Batman?

Its not like Miller's Batman is all revered an shit since hes a fucking psychopath that is supposedly a hero.

So both sides comes out looking "bad" anyways. *shrug*

I'm not saying Miller hasn't written good things, but he's insane and hates Superman.

Veelk

Banned
I find the dark knight returns to be highly overrated but year one is good stuff. But overall, I don't like frank millers work, and if he's to be used at all, I don't think it should be as the introduction of the Justice League. Batman and superman are far more interesting as friends.

I find the dark knight returns to be highly overrated but year one is good stuff. But overall, I don't like frank millers work, and if he's to be used at all, I don't think it should be as the introduction of the Justice League. Batman and superman are far more interesting as friends.

Truth
Superman_and_Batman_-_Generations_1.jpg

You know what pisses me off about BvS? Assuming that trailer is accurate, it's coming off as an anti-Superman movie.

Yes, let's take the character who, considering how popular he is and his position within the comics industry as both a character and a franchise, has the single-worst track record in the film industry, and make the movie constantly be against him. Let's do that.

The Batman stuff is hype, sure. Not gonna deny that. But there's no Superman hype. Man of Steel was controversial amongst fans as it is, and this doesn't exactly look like it'll be any more of a step in the right direction.

But alas, it's just a trailer. There are parts of this film that I'm looking forward to.

Is that the case? I don't remember that much of that movie, then.

Eh, it's only one trailer. I won't pass judgment until I know the full plot. I'm with you, Superman always gets a bad rap but we don't even know what the story is. I'm guessing Lex convinces Batman to fight Superman or vice versa. I do like that they are addressing the fallout and destruction from MoS though.

Eh, it's only one trailer. I won't pass judgment until I know the full plot. I'm with you, Superman always gets a bad rap but we don't even know what the story is. I'm guessing Lex convinces Batman to fight Superman or vice versa. I do like that they are addressing the fallout and destruction from MoS though.

All evidence points to The Dark Knight Returns as the basis for the movie. As far as I'm concerned, that's a terrible idea. Especially when it's your jumping off point for the entire cinematic universe that's being established.

All evidence points to The Dark Knight Returns as the basis for the movie. As far as I'm concerned, that's a terrible idea. Especially when it's your jumping off point for the entire cinematic universe that's being established.

Yeah, it's not my favorite story either, but let's see how it plays out. I'm sure by the end they'll be best buddies.

Yeah, it's not my favorite story either, but let's see how it plays out. I'm sure by the end they'll be best buddies.

I enjoyed the TDKR movie, particularly Part 1. Part 2 was a bit too dark and brutal for my taste. Still, it's been pointed out that what makes Superman vs. Batman so powerful, is that these characters have known each other for years and years. They're old friends, and it's finally come to this point. Because of their conflicting beliefs, their relationship has finally reached this point.

With this, it's happening in the first encounter. Significantly less powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom