• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Truthfully, every Tumblr girl I know ain't straight.... lmao.

I'm like the sole abnormality in my Tumblr circle being a straight male and all... lol., though we all share the same amount of thirst towards animated women.

This was pretty much obvious from all the drawings they have on there tbh

Veelk

Banned
Oh and before Veelk says anything, I'll make the first part of the FT TLDR once I get home. I can't really make a post like that at work.

I have a paper due. It won't be TOO difficult, but I'm gonna be kept busy atleast for a good few 6 hours (it's 6pm here). You have all the time in the world, but there will be consequences if it's not done by 3 am.

Toa TAK

Banned
I have a paper due. It won't be TOO difficult, but I'm gonna be kept busy atleast for a good few 6 hours (it's 6pm here). You have all the time in the world, but there will be consequences if it's not done by 3 am.
You still gotta type your Daredevil thoughts.

Ray Down

Banned
Before I start I would like to say something good.

Hiro Mashima is really dedicated to his craft, unlike some mangaka (togashi) Hiro hasen't been on a break in like two years and some weeks he puts out two chapters just cause he finished them one time. He will even do random color pages, we puts alot of work into getting Fairy Tail out.

Its to bad he dosen't put any other effort into this POS.

I suggest execution by multiple paper cuts my Lord Veelk. One paper per page from your upcoming essay.

Ray Down

Banned
Okay lets begin with the first chapter.

In the first few pages we are introduced to two of the main protagonists of this shit, Lucy A celestial spirit mage and Natsu a dragon mage. Any fan of Hiro previous work RAVE can see these one of the designs are a rip-off of the one heroes of that series Haru. Natsu is basically a red haired Haru except more annoying but we will get to that later and don't think this is the only charterer design straight from RAVE there many more. We also get the see the pseudo mascot of the series Happy, a cat with tiny little wings on his back. Happy is nothing but a gag character whos entire shtick is to be annoying and cute but is so annoying and not funny to the point that you just want to gouge its eyes out and curse every time he on the screen.

During the first chapter Lucy wants to join the mage guild Fairy Tail, basically a fraternity guild of the mage world. A guild thats filled with the hottest and strongest mages around. And spoilers guess what Natsu is a member of this guild and at the end of the chapter Lucy joins too.

As I said Natsu is a dragon mage, basically he was adopted by a fire dragon who he considers his father named Igneel who taught him magic known as dragon slayer (the rarest magic) who disappeared one day like 07/07/07, his dream is to find his father. Natsu is a prime example of everything wrong with a shounen protagonist.

Lucy (who most of the time is basically a walking piece of fan service) uses keys to summon spirits to do her fighting that include: A mermaid that drowns everything including her owner sometimes whos tsundere and doesn't like Lucy, a scorpion with scissors, a Minotaur with a mace like weapon who dates the mermaid chick and others that I'll talk about later. Lucy dream is to write a book about her tales in Fairy Tail (get it).

Soon we are introduced to fairy tail and there guild members who outside of like the main cast hardly do much in the series at all. As I said fairy tail are like a fraternity were they basically do nothing but party and get into fights at there guild.

But during this we meet the other two members of the main group. Erza and Gray, two other characters whos designs and part of there personalities are ripoffs of other superior characters from Rave: Musica and Shuda. Gray is an ice mage who manipulates and generates ice and has an annoying rivalry with Natsu. He also has a stupid gag where during battle and such he strips off his clothes (its explained why later on) but it serves no other purpose but then to be a lame gag an cheap fan service. Erza is a walking boring mary suu in which her powers are like Lightning from FF13LR where she changes her armor for different effects and are just as fan servicey as lightnings.

Those other characters are:
Elfman: who out side of one moment in the third arc does nothing else through the rest of the series and if he does it gets shat upon. He is a beast man.

Marc something: who is the guild master and the old shounen troupe of the old badass. Except he is anything but he gets jobbed every time we see him fight I mean Vegeta and the Lieutenant from Korra don't get as jobbed hard as him. He grows big.

Cana: another walking piece of fan service who is barely relevant until a later arc and doesn't do much afterwards. She gets her bullshit power from a bullshit deus ex machina ghost later on but will get to that stupidity later.

Gajeel: An Iron dragon slayer villian turned good guy whos honestly one of the better characters but gets the shaft most of the time and badly to.

Laxus: Grandson of marc something who is an artificial dragon slayer of lightning, who is the best character of the series but Hiro ruins him in the worse arc of the series.

Mirajane: Elfman sister and like the bartender of the series who has a former rivalery with Erza who through out the series has build up and when its reveled its really nothing at all. Her power is to transform into a fan service demon and she later gets into a suit suit competition during a tournament arc (screms).

I liked this series early one because it had alot of promise; but to me it stopped growing the series became stagnate.

Such poor world building, the characters never change, its not funny, the women every single one of the outside of two have ton of fan service for no purpose other then to get people rocks off and are also objectified for cheap laughs sometimes, he fights are boring because Hiro has no idea how to build tension, there deus ex machinas all over this series to even Bryke would say man thats to much, there are no consequences to anything these characters do, entire plot points waved off and never comeback or handled so poorly your like "Seriously", small character moments are ruined by cheap gags or fan service, those side characters most of the time do nothing outside of there gag, there homages/ripoffs from other series through out this manga and everything in this series is solved by friendship/deus ex machina.

I haven't even gone past the first few chapters (other then talking about some of the characters a little).

Yeah I can understand that.

What jrpgs do you play?
Souls games, Tales, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Suikoden, Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon, I liked Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Dragon Quest...I'd really have to flip through my collection since I forget things

Ray Down

Banned
Souls games, Tales, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Suikoden, Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon, I liked Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Dragon Quest...I'd really have to flip through my collection since I forget things

Never played these two series, how are they?

Never played these two series, how are they?
Suikoden 2,3 and 5 are the best ones, but for the most part it's a solid political story based JRPG franchise that's good on Playstation. Regarding Parasite Eve the first one is the most JRPG one, second one is more Resident Evil like. Third Birthday is shit cubed, don't touch it.

Sitting in my hotel room on this business trip to Colorado.

Colorado is nice, I can see the Rocky Mtns from my window (I think). But good lord I'm bored. Need to find something to watch on Netflix or something.

hay guys

I haven't looked up your suggestions yet

but I was thnking about it and Roger Smith was the original shark eyebrow king

mako gtfo

zJ4kJJv.jpg

360pages

I always thought the Korra series itself was always a big offender of telling us things rather than showing up things. I'm not saying we need a flashback for every little thing,

I wish this could happen, the Korra game was pretty good considering its budget and download only. Imagine if you gave platinum a budget to do one, but would they follow the story or make there own?

Imagine the season 2 final fight, its stupid and dumb fun I want to see platinum make it even crazier. Like Korra can take Aang statue staff and beat Unavaatu.

They could make different characters with different movesets and such...to bad it will never happen.
iAtOkfc.png

I wouldn't say it'll never happen. If I recall, the first game did do fairly well. I want to say it made its money. Plus, the team that worked on it said they really enjoyed the series and making the game. Honestly, being in Activision's good graces is a good thing for Platinum, since Activision has so many properties. Platinum even stated they wanted to make a Spider Gwen game. Guess who owns the Spider Man gaming property? Activision.

I wouldn't say never, but I'm also not getting my hopes up.

Is that really a canon ship? If show Zatana has weird ass taste in men. I know somebody said something about that while I was watching Young Justice as well.
Fucking no. I just like Zatanna and B'wana Beast is goddamned hilarious. Based on Batman The Animated Series, Zatanna's only love interest is Batman. Even then, they pretty much reconcile as it not being able to happen.
tumblr_lsytlrki261qzahuvo4_250.gif

Flash and WW best ship.

Nah dude. Diana and Shayera are like Wally's older sisters.

It absolutely is. Man, remember the racist ass Justice Society?

"You're a credit to your people son."
That part is so fucked up and hilarious at the same time. I'm surprised he didn't ask John to shine his shoes.

JLU: Shadow of the Hawk:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHAYERA IS HOT IN THAT DRESS!!!! "Judas Priest!!" John is like:
gary-patterson-sweat-wipe.gif

Chaos at the Earth's Core:

Lol they have Gamera attacking a city. Lol you don't throw shade at Supergirl in Japan. I do prefer Kara's new costume over the old one. I swear half this episode looks like an 80's heavy metal album cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom