• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as it is to be part of a community, I wish I had a second gaf account I can use for anonymous posting. It's so weird how we initially have these usernames as masks that give us anonymity, but having stayed here long enough, I'm now known here for my personality. You guys don't know my real name, but we know each other on a personal level to some extent, and because of that, I am not as comfortable posting anything I want. Usually, I consider this a good thing, as it holds me accountable for not saying stupid shit, but it also makes me hesitant to post other more personal matters.

I know what you mean.

Him being the Simon to Simon's Kamina makes perfect sense since Simon gave him the same exact pep talk when he took down Lord Genome. I know exactly what you're saying. He's not exactly on "fuck this dude is a dick" tier. He did stuff for the right reasons for the most part and was one of the only ones to adapt to the changing world, plus got with the best looking Black sibling.

That pep talk was just to hammer the parallel in. The thing is they both needed each other. That was the important part. Simon was a coward and Kamina was hot blooded and aggressive. Without Simon, Kamina would have kept going and never stopped, getting killed way sooner. Without Kamina, Simon would never have fought back.

With Rossiu and Simon, it's that Simon just doesn't care about the small stuff. He wants to fight the immediate threat, whereas Rossiu is about the bigger picture. Planning. Rossiu would rather retreat, and try to go to another planet or live in space. It's on a larger scale, and obviously the parallels aren't direct, since Simon and Kamina are complete opposite ends of the scale. Rossiu and Simon is a far more grey and complex scenario, but by the end Rossiu is willing to fight. He, along with the twins that take over as leaders of the military (I think), effectively becomes a better Simon. Just as Simon became a better Kamina.

That pep talk was just to hammer the parallel in. The thing is they both needed each other. That was the important part. Simon was a coward and Kamina was hot blooded and aggressive. Without Simon, Kamina would have kept going and never stopped, getting killed way sooner. Without Kamina, Simon would never have fought back.

With Rossiu and Simon, it's that Simon just doesn't care about the small stuff. He wants to fight the immediate threat, whereas Rossiu is about the bigger picture. Planning. Rossiu would rather retreat, and try to go to another planet or live in space. It's on a larger scale, and obviously the parallels aren't direct, since Simon and Kamina are complete opposite ends of the scale. Rossiu and Simon is a far more grey and complex scenario, but by the end Rossiu is willing to fight. He, along with the twins that take over as leaders of the military (I think), effectively becomes a better Simon. Just as Simon became a better Kamina.
In a smaller sentence they filled in each others weak spots and helped by adding more balance to the scenario. Kamina would've been gone a lot faster without Simon helping his ass out. Simon pulled him out of some serious spots and Kamina helped give him a lot of confidence. I think with Rossiu he needed to learn how to confront a single problem head on without thinking of multiple contingencies that he wouldn't need if he had just confronted the problem head on, but at the same time Simon really did need to learn how to see the bigger picture.

In a smaller sentence they filled in each others weak spots and helped by adding more balance to the scenario. Kamina would've been gone a lot faster without Simon helping his ass out. Simon pulled him out of some serious spots and Kamina helped give him a lot of confidence. I think with Rossiu he needed to learn how to confront a single problem head on without thinking of multiple contingencies that he wouldn't need if he had just confronted the problem head on, but at the same time Simon really did need to learn how to see the bigger picture.

TTGL has good characters

TTGL has good characters
They are fun to talk about since you gain better insight into them by discussing them.
Remember that show we watched, I think it was called.... Coral?
I thirsted for Korra briefly, then I got bored over the course of four seasons. I thirsted for Kuvira the moment I saw her, still thirsting for her. There's just something about her that knows how to dehydrate a motherfucker.

In the spirit of injecting some discussion in here, let's take Veelks prompt and apply it to The Last Airbender?

Who is your most liked character?
Which character is the most well written? (which is a very different question than the first)
Who is your most disliked character?
Who the least well written? (ditto)

I'll post mine later.

I see how it is. Ignore my post because it's at the bottom of the page

I just don't want to do that much thinking. My most liked are Zuko and Azula and I feel they're the best written. Least liked is probably either Jett or that hippie they had running the earth kingdom. Least well written? I don't know, Piandao?

I thirsted for Korra briefly, then I got bored over the course of four seasons. I thirsted for Kuvira the moment I saw her, still thirsting for her. There's just something about her that knows how to dehydrate a motherfucker.

Book 1 Korra did have them... thangs. But you right once Kuvira came into my life it was a wrap.

Try answering your own post brah

360pages

Hmm, well, best written character in ATLA. Well most of the main group, but Zuko is probably the best.

Sokka is my favorite.

Worst...Combustion man, main cast? Probably Toph, not that her simple character is a bad thing.

Least Favorite character? Eh I don't have a lot of hated characters.

In the spirit of injecting some discussion in here, let's take Veelks prompt and apply it to The Last Airbender?

Which character is the most well written? (which is a very different question than the first)

I'll post mine later.

hi spongebob longpants

Book 1 Korra had a nice rack, but were rather unrealistic given the amount of muscle mass she had. Most in shape women like that aren't that well...endowed.

That's not entirely true. Though I'm okay with the re-sizing. I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me in the Book 3 OT a while back.

Trey

shortpants > Veelk. It is known.

I'll post mine later.

Azula
Zuko (although the constant honor moaning gets annoying)
Ozai or Zhao, but out of the main cast, Toph.
The Avatar State (for my purposes, and for lack of a better answer)

CDiggity

Book 1 Korra had a nice rack, but were rather unrealistic given the amount of muscle mass she had. Most in shape women like that aren't that well...endowed.

With technology advancing the way it did, plastic surgery is most definitely a thing. And teenagers can have the craziest desires sometimes.

It was certainly a phase though, as she reversed the procedure come Book 2.

That's not entirely true. Though I'm okay with the re-sizing. I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me in the Book 3 OT a while back.
Some women like that are naturally like that, though it usually turns to muscle depending on their exercise routine, sometimes they're just implants.
With technology advancing the way it did, plastic surgery is most definitely a thing. And teenagers can have the craziest desires sometimes.

It was certainly a phase though, as she reversed the procedure come Book 2.
They probably got in the way during combat. Either that or Amon ruptured them using his bloodbending.

360pages

The Avatar state was like instant win button except without a cap, or limit. It pretty much broke the series, to the point where you wonder outside of being super powerful what was the purpose of it.

Korra list

I dunno, it's kinda hard for me to chose for many of these.

Favorite character: Amon

Best written: Um, probably Zaheer, I guess.

Worst written: r u srs

Least favorite: Hmm, I don't really hate anyone that much or anything, but least favorite would probably be Unalaq or Opal

ATLA list

I dunno, it's kinda hard for me to chose for many of these.

Favorite character: r u srs

Best written: Hmm, I don't really have a clear choice for best written because so many were so good, but probably Zuko and Azula

Least Favorite: Zhao

Worst written: Um, probably Ozai, I guess.

Veelk

Banned
Keyword is most. There are mma fighters with large boobs. Google it if you want, though it will increase your level of thirst from stranded on a desert with one bottle left to living in the firey bowels of hell.

Mia Bangg, Jandi Lin, Priya Rai, Kapri Styles, Yuka Osawa, Celeste Starr, Sahara Knite, Micah Moore pre boob job. Google that shit at work and kiss your job good bye.

Hamlet

TiZkKud.gif

I used to raid with her back in my WoW days.

I had no idea she was in my guild until I found out like an hour after I.... studied one of her videos.
When I found out she retired and went to streaming WoW for a living I was like "that's pretty cool." As far as I know, her channel has a strict policy for not talking about her previous career. I scoped it once, but she wasn't recording anymore. I would try and watch it and see what she's like as a commentator, but WoW isn't really my thing. So I have no reason to actually do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom