• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Depending on your choices the laser may vary in color.

I mean, they could've taken Mako with him. His armor is kinda weak

He's an attractive 1d character, that means he has the most armor.
Mako walking through lazers like

a29ui1.gif

I never player Mass Effect 2. Now that I have a rig that can handle it I should rectify that. I already have it in my steam library, probably purchased for $5 at some point.

I've only played ME2 on PS3, and was enjoying it despite framerate issues. Well until I saw it played on PC at a smooth 60, then I dropped it and decided I wouldn't play it again until I have my own PC. Well, I now do, so I'll probably get to it soon. From what I've read about all of them, ME1 seems like the one I'd like the most.

I don't think I have a favorite. They're all different enough and I've thoroughly enjoyed each one through (minus 3's shitty ending).
ME2 just felt more like a shooter to me, ME1 felt a bit more like an RPG and I liked the escalation of events and villain of the first one more. Saren had legit swag, the Collectors I think they were just felt meh tier. I didn't like the end boss in design or fight wise either.

Toa TAK

Banned
ME2 just felt more like a shooter to me, ME1 felt a bit more like an RPG and I liked the escalation of events and villain of the first one more. Saren had legit swag, the Collectors I think they were just felt meh tier. I didn't like the end boss in design or fight wise either.

Sure, but the Suicide Mission from the second you start up the Omega 4 Relay into the end is a rush throughout and easily one of the best endgames I've had the pleasure of playing.

Sure, but the Suicide Mission from the second you start up the Omega 4 Relay into the end is a rush throughout and easily one of the best endgames I've had the pleasure of playing.
This is true and the consequences of that pretty much effected the next game. I didn't hate it at all, I just liked the first one better. There really was no antagonist for me to get to know or see the motivations of so from that standpoint I felt it was weaker. Granted I only played ME2 once and not like 3 times like the first one. Didn't even finish ME3.

Oh wait I just noticed that woman, lol. I thought you were just talking about the guy for some reason because when I think of satch I think of that guy who used to be in her avatar.

Though I absolutely love the Suicide Mission from ME2 and agree with you that its a great endgame, ME1's endgame was fantastic as well, from the race to the Conduit on Ilos (
when Saren and Sovereign attack the Citadel
) to having to climb up the Citadel tower
as Sovereign looms in the distance, getting larger and larger as you press forward
, to facing Saren and
having the Alliance fleet wreck Sovereign just in time to prevent the return of the Reapers
. I was in awe the first time I played it, and it holds up on subsequent playthroughs. Everything about it is awesome: the music, the battle, the feeling of power you get as you finally defeat the villain, and the hopeful, optimistic ending.

Though I absolutely love the Suicide Mission from ME2 and agree with you that its a great endgame, ME1's endgame was fantastic as well, from the race to the Conduit on Ilos (
when Saren and Sovereign attack the Citadel
) to having to climb up the Citadel tower
as Sovereign looms in the distance, getting larger and larger as you press forward
, to facing Saren and
having the Alliance fleet wreck Sovereign just in time to prevent the return of the Reapers
. I was in awe the first time I played it, and it holds up on subsequent playthroughs. Everything about it is awesome: the music, the battle, the feeling of power you get as you finally defeat the villain, and the hopeful, optimistic ending.
This, it's built up so well and I felt like parts of the end game in ME2 came from out of left field.

Amon's voice is weird

Edit: Half serious. For some reason, I recalled his voice being deeper, so when I went back to season one a while ago, it sounded different that I remembered.

Playing the first 5 mins of ME2, and motherfucking Steve Blum is there.

IS THIS SHIT YO JOB?
Dude Blum is fucking everywhere. If America had talking toilets It'd either be him, Nolan North or John Dimaggio doing the voice for it.

Gurren Lagann Ep 19:

God Roccio grew up to be such a dick.

Dude Blum is fucking everywhere. If America had talking toilets It'd either be him, Nolan North or John Dimaggio doing the voice for it.

Gurren Lagann Ep 19:

SURPRISE Steve Blum is a real thing.

Takes you out of the immersion because you're like "hey, is that Steve Blum? Huh, it is. That guy is everywhere." And then you realize you weren't paying attention.

Veelk

Banned
As good as it is to be part of a community, I wish I had a second gaf account I can use for anonymous posting. It's so wierd how we initially have these usernames as masks that give us anonymity, but having stayed here long enough, I'm now known here for my personality. You guys don't know my real name, but we know each other on a personal level to some extent, and because of that, I am not as comfortable posting anything I want. Usually, I consider this a good thing, as it holds me accountable for not saying stupid shit, but it also makes me hesitant to post other more personal matters.

I should get back to studying...

In the spirit of injecting some discussion in here, let's take Veelks prompt and apply it to The Last Airbender?

Who is your most liked character?
Which character is the most well written? (which is a very different question than the first)
Who is your most disliked character?
Who the least well written? (ditto)

I'll post mine later.

Gurren Lagann Ep 19:

He's really not a dick. Like, his ideals make sense, especially since he just keeps all the important shit a secret from Simon. Besides, it's painfully apparent that Simon DOES NOT want the job, and he's basically just a figurehead while Rossiu performs the ACTUAL decision making. Besides, Rossiu is trying to save the planet and he's going about it, quite honestly, the best way possible. The only reason he's coming out off as such a dick is because Simon is a shit leader and he's doing what SHOULD be done whereas Simon does whatever he wants.

He's really not a dick. Like, his ideals make sense, especially since he just keeps all the important shit a secret from Simon. Besides, it's painfully apparent that Simon DOES NOT want the job, and he's basically just a figurehead while Rossiu performs the ACTUAL decision making. Besides, Rossiu is trying to save the planet and he's going about it, quite honestly, the best way possible. The only reason he's coming out off as such a dick is because Simon is a shit leader and he's doing what SHOULD be done whereas Simon does whatever he wants.
Yeah lol, that reading of him makes perfect sense it's just the narrative just paints him in that fucked up light. The guy is doing what needs to be done, it's just the fact that it clashes with with Simon's Laissez Faire attitude. Him sentencing him to death is going a bit overboard though. Rossiu is actually doing a good job keeping the place in order it's just that nobody from the old guard really wants to adopt any of his new systems or is simply too unqualified to perform any of the tasks that he set up. Anything beyond "let's hop in our gunmen and beat shit up" seems to be frowned upon. I do find it quite weird that Keynone, those two kids and Ron seem to be the most useful and the most adaptable to the change in the world after the time skip. The older cast is just straight up useless.

Yeah lol, that reading of him makes perfect sense it's just the narrative just paints him in that fucked up light. The guy is doing what needs to be done, it's just the fact that it clashes with with Simon's Laissez Faire attitude. Him sentencing him to death is going a bit overboard though. Rossiu is actually doing a good job keeping the place in order it's just that nobody from the old guard really wants to adopt any of his new systems or is simply too unqualified to perform any of the tasks that he set up. Anything beyond "let's hop in our gunmen and beat shit up" seems to be frowned upon. I do find it quite weird that Keynone, those two kids and Ron seem to be the most useful and the most adaptable to the change in the world after the time skip. The older cast is just straight up useless.

To be fair, the supporting characters are pretty eh, save for the fights. Like, TTGL has such a boring supporting cast outside of Simon, Kamina, Nia, Rossiu, Yoko, Lord Genome, and Viral. Even then, Viral and Genome aren't always there, Kamina goes bye-bye, and Yoko disappears for awhile, too. Nia is gone for a chunk of the show, and Rossiu doesn't show up until like, what? Episode 3? 4? Like, I couldn't give two shits about Kittan or his sisters. Leeron is fun, but there isn't much to him. The kids were a good addition, but again, there's not much to them besides the whole "passing of the torch" bit. The rest of Team Gurren is, well, existing within the show. The Anti-Spiral is an okay villain, but after Lord Genome, it's just bland.

KLK had a much more memorable cast. Same with FLCL, though that show has a significantly smaller cast (like, six characters).

To be fair, the supporting characters are pretty eh, save for the fights. Like, TTGL has such a boring supporting cast outside of Simon, Kamina, Nia, Rossiu, Yoko, Lord Genome, and Viral. Even then, Viral and Genome aren't always there, Kamina goes bye-bye, and Yoko disappears for awhile, too. Nia is gone for a chunk of the show, and Rossiu doesn't show up until like, what? Episode 3? 4? Like, I couldn't give two shits about Kittan or his sisters. Leeron is fun, but there isn't much to him. The kids were a good addition, but again, there's not much to them besides the whole "passing of the torch" bit. The rest of Team Gurren is, well, existing within the show. The Anti-Spiral is an okay villain, but after Lord Genome, it's just bland.

KLK had a much more memorable cast. Same with FLCL, though that show has a significantly smaller cast (like, six characters).
I think at least with KLK they knew what they wanted to do with each character. Some of the TTGL crew is nothing more than canon fodder as far as I'm concerned. The Anti Spiral don't even have a face, which is why Ragyou is a much better villain. I don't even hate Yoko, but she's not my favorite female of that cast, it's Nia with how she's always able to lift up Simon, but even that is relatively short lived after the time skip, Yoko was nothing more than a "kiss of death" as far as I'm concerned. The kids are cool after the time skip. You can see that they balanced each other out pretty well and took on a roll that you didn't think they would before they grew up. Viral is cool though he's barely in the show and Lord Genome is currently just the bio computer.

360pages

He was being dumb for a guy who only got to where he is because of Simon and the others will and hot blood.

I think at least with KLK they knew what they wanted to do with each character. Some of the TTGL crew is nothing more than canon fodder as far as I'm concerned. The Anti Spiral don't even have a face, which is why Ragyou is a much better villain. I don't even hate Yoko, but she's not my favorite female of that cast, it's Nia with how she's always able to lift up Simon, but even that is relatively short lived after the time skip, Yoko was nothing more than a "kiss of death" as far as I'm concerned. The kids are cool after the time skip. You can see that they balanced each other out pretty well and took on a roll that you didn't think they would before they grew up. Viral is cool though he's barely in the show and Lord Genome is currently just the bio computer.
I really liked Yoko. "Your mech? That's cute. I'll just shoot your shit. Fuck you." Like, in a world of mechs, she just uses a sniper rifle. Badass.
He was being dumb for a guy who only got to where he is because of Simon and the others will and hot blood.

Except the world that we get in the second half is a far different world than in the first half. It requires a far different mind set, and one that no one else was really prepared to take on, save for Rossiu. Simon was being a moron because he didn't really care about people, he just wanted to fight the immediate threat. He didn't care about collateral, which is why Rossiu ultimately became the diplomatic face of Earth, and the one people ultimately look to. Even if Simon is basically the world's savior.

Not many people had the mental capability to be that political. I think he took some shit too far but Simon being full of that hot blood left him little choice. Simon was uncompromising they both were actually, but Rossiu did it to try to help mankind in his own way. Simon just wanted to kick ass and be done with it. He didn't even care about finding an actual long term solution to the collateral damage that those Tron saucers caused.

Not many people had the mental capability to be that political. I think he took some shit too far but Simon being full of that hot blood left him little choice. Simon was uncompromising they both were actually, but Rossiu did it to try to help mankind in his own way. Simon just wanted to kick ass and be done with it. He didn't even care about finding an actual long term solution to the collateral damage that those Tron saucers caused.

I'm not saying Rossiu didn't go too far. I think waging war against people who just want to live alone and in the pits was a bit far. Granted, I understand why, but still. Also, I agree that sentencing Simon death was way too far. Imprison him: fine. I understand. Sentence him to death? Like, even if people were calling for his blood, just holding him in prison and sending him on the occasional suicide mission should suffice. Everything else, though, he had on lock. He underestimated his need for Simon, though. He was basically the Simon to Simon's Kamina, if that makes sense.

I'm not saying Rossiu didn't go too far. I think waging war against people who just want to live alone and in the pits was a bit far. Granted, I understand why, but still. Also, I agree that sentencing Simon death was way too far. Imprison him: fine. I understand. Sentence him to death? Like, even if people were calling for his blood, just holding him in prison and sending him on the occasional suicide mission should suffice. Everything else, though, he had on lock. He underestimated his need for Simon, though. He was basically the Simon to Simon's Kamina, if that makes sense.
Him being the Simon to Simon's Kamina makes perfect sense since Simon gave him the same exact pep talk when he took down Lord Genome. I know exactly what you're saying. He's not exactly on "fuck this dude is a dick" tier. He did stuff for the right reasons for the most part and was one of the only ones to adapt to the changing world, plus got with the best looking Black sibling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom