• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Was a Nazi cut a hipster hairstyle when the Nazis wore it?

Stop hating on his chiseled face. Guy's a stud, he pulled Kuvira.
The Hitler mustache was Charlie Chaplin's well before Hitler wore it but you don't see many people calling it the "Chaplin." Do I hate jr? No. Am I going to defend the guy? No because he backed a cause that he didn't speak out against as he saw the thing fly out of control, he just backed it more and harder because he was in love with his waifu And saw it as a way to say "fuck you" to his parents.

A guy who got into a relationship that let him feed into his own bullshit?

I mean thats a good thing not to like , i'm not going to judge you.
He couldn't even be the logical half of that relationship. There was nobody to provide any sort of moral conflict in that pairing. It was just two people equally going off the fucking deep end. With him only being saved because he had a rich and influential mother. He's George W Bush.

He couldn't even be the logical half of that relationship. There was nobody to provide any sort of moral conflict in that pairing. It was just two people equally going off the fucking deep end. With him only being saved because he had a rich and influential mother. He's George W Bush.

LOL. That's a really good apology.

Village

The bolded is why I like both of em.

As for him being GW, now I want him to run and win the position of head of whatever earth kingdom goverment they have going.
And I ain't gonna judge your caping of him either breh

Fuck lobster bisque jr.

I wouldn't go that fair, I just don't think he's shit.

360pages

Bataar Jr is probably the closest thing that Legend of Korra has to a Yamcha, but except without being likable like Yamcha...and Bulma never shot a lazor at Yamcha as their break up.

Korra

Fucking none of them are well written. When you stand back and see the bigger picture they all go through some contrived bullshit to develop as characters. And if they're doing well, there's always something that comes left-field and ruins everything that comes before.

President Raiko

Unalaq
I would also like to take a moment to edit what I said about my most disliked character, and change it to Raiko. Fuck that guy. For so many different reasons.
I love it though, though it can be a problem.
No power scaling system will ever be as bad as Yu-Gi-Oh! (the first series). You automatically lose if:

-You don't have some sort of God card
-You don't have a Millennium item
-You aren't Yami Yugi.

Was a Nazi cut a hipster hairstyle when the Nazis wore it?
Actually, yes (if I recall correctly). The Hitler Youth, and the Nazi movement in general, took a long time to catch on and gain members. In fact, most who did join the Hitler Youth early on were made fun of because of how ridiculous and stupid it was.

Bataar Jr is probably the closest thing that Legend of Korra has to a Yamcha, but except without being likable like Yamcha...and Bulma never shot a lazor at Yamcha as their break up.

Yamcha never build a giant fucking robot with a reverse engineered fusion energy laser beam.

I didn't back it yet either but I will sometime within the 44 more days.

I never even played BK so I'll probably whip out my N64 and ask around to see if I can borrow the games from one of my friends.

Veelk

Banned
DC needs to just put Bruce Timm in charge of their movie universe

I like Bruce Timm, but I don't want his vision to be the only one DC has. I would like Wiesman's highly organized vision, but with more present character stories. YJ's DC universe felt like such a real place because it was so clear that every character had their own agency and agenda, but it was held back by having such a large vision that characters got a few seconds of screentime when they could have entire series following each of them.

I like Bruce Timm, but I don't want his vision to be the only one DC has. I would like Wiesman's highly organized vision, but with more present character stories. YJ's DC universe felt like such a real place because it was so clear that every character had their own agency and agenda, but it was held back by having such a large vision that characters got a few seconds of screentime when they could have entire series following each of them.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Better yet, put both in charge.

Veelk

Banned
Okay. I need to ask for some brocode - girl advice.

What happened: I went to sleep at 4am today, and I'm woken up at 6 am by a strange girl in my room. She's the girl that my roommate Alex brought home. He didn't have sex with her because she was too blacked out, and was probably still drunk, though I was too disoriented from being abruptly woken up after 2 hours of sleep to notice that. She said she was cold or something, I told her that she's probably looking for my roommate whose door is next to mine. She says her head hurts. I offer her some ibuprofen, but she declines. So I lead her out, close the door, and try to go back to sleep. A few minutes later she comes back, I can't really remember what she says. She leaves again. I try to go back to sleep. I wake up to my bedsheets being tugged at. She says she's cold. I have 3 layers of cots I'm sleeping under, so I roll up the thickest one, and offer it to her, so she can be warm. She gives me an "are you an idiot" sort of look and leaves. I shrug and unroll the cot, and try to sleep again.

For the fourth time, she comes back, and says she is looking for her purse but can't find it in the living room. I tell her it's probably in my roommate Alex's room, who brought her here, and is right next door. She then just plops on my bed, laying next to me. She's looking at me intently and I finally get it. "It's not in your room?" I tell her there is no reason why it would be in my room. I say lets go look for it in Alex's room. She gets up, finally going to his room, I follow up once I get some pants on. He wakes up, she finds her purse, I finally go back to sleep. They have sex afterwards, but I'm just happy to be in bed again.

The problem:

I feel in terms of what I actually did, I did everything right. However, girls have been a pretty emotional point for me lately, and the reason I got to bed so late was specifically because I had a pretty tense talk about it with a friend of mine. It's just something I'm working through on a personal level. So when she was laying in my bed, before I shoved her out, I thought to myself that maybe I should just let her lay with me. Let her under my covers, and if it goes somewhere else from there, hey, who could blame me?

I would. I didn't know who she was at the time. Alex brings in a lot of hook ups, and I knew he probably didn't care about this one any more than any of the others. Indeed, he didn't. He said so himself afterwards. He would have found it funny at best. There was also the question of what her state of mind was, but I was just too sleepy to think of that at the time. I should have, but being drowsey is a disordered state of mind by itself. But as I said, I wasn't going to risk fucking over my roommate by having sex with a girl who he might be interested in. I knew he probably wasn't, but I wasn't sure. So, when I found out he wasn't later on, I commented, "Well, shit, if I had known that, I'd have gone for it". To be honest, I don't know if I truly would have. I don't like sleeping around, but at the same time, she was pretty attractive and she wanted to be intimate with me, and it would have been nice just to be touched. Perhaps I should have just said I that instead of saying I definitely would have done it, but I thought this was an okay comment. He kind of looked at me wierd, but he himself admits that, even after I said that, he would not have cared. But my other roommate, Mike, seems to regard this as a scummy move, since Alex is the one who brought home the girl.

Personally, I don't think I'd have done anything wrong, if I had known at the time that Alex didn't have any personal attachments to her and that she was sober. If those two criteria would have been met, I'd think it'd be okay if she was crawling into my bed. But as I said, I'm kind of in an...emotional state regarding romance and sex, so I might be biased. So I need outside opinions. Does the fact that Alex brought the girl to our apartment make her off limits even if he has no interest and she is of sound mind when trying to get with me?

Trey

Does the fact that Alex brought the girl to our apartment make her off limits even if he has no interest and she is of sound mind when trying to get with me?

No. But I think you can and should pull better quality, if only for your own personal comfortability level.

Veelk

Banned
No. But I think you can and should pull better quality, if only for your own personal comfortability level.

I don't slut shame. That said, the few things I learned about this girl's personality seems like she's kind of emotionally unstable. She was either thirstier than Jaded and Feenix combined, or had a need for sex from insecurity or something. Her boyfriend broke up with her like a week before her birthday (which she was celebrating and the reason why she was blacked out earlier). I mean, literally crawling into bed with an actual stranger is pretty unusual behavior. And Alex says he basically knew her for 10 minutes, during which she shoved her hand down his pants immediately, before going home with him. So definitely not dating material, but she was pretty attractive for a one night (well, morning in my case) stand. It's more of my emotional state of being right now that makes that kind of thing untenable though. I'm not wholly opposed to them, I just don't prefer them, but....*sigh*, I don't know. It's a tricky situation regarding that for me. For me, the issue is that I seem to be pathologically determined to only be attracted to girls who are unavailable to me. Right now, the one I'm crushing on hard right now has a boyfriend. And it's basically always been like that for me (before I even know they have BF's, I seem to home in on them. I'm starting to suspect it's my superpower.), so getting with girls I want is difficult.

I don't slut shame. That said, the few things I learned about this girl's personality seems like she's kind of emotionally unstable. She was either thirstier than Jaded and Feenix combined, or had a need for sex from insecurity or something. Her boyfriend broke up with her like a week before her birthday (which she was celebrating and the reason why she was blacked out earlier). I mean, literally crawling into bed with an actual stranger is pretty unusual behavior. And Alex says he basically knew her for 10 minutes, during which she shoved her hand down his pants immediately, before going home with him. So definitely not dating material, but she was pretty attractive for a one night (well, morning in my case) stand. It's more of my emotional state of being right now that makes that kind of thing untenable though. I'm not wholly opposed to them, I just don't prefer them, but....*sigh*, I don't know. It's a tricky situation regarding that for me. For me, the issue is that I seem to be pathologically determined to only be attracted to girls who are unavailable to me. Right now, the one I'm crushing on hard right now has a boyfriend. And it's basically always been like that for me (before I even know they have BF's, I seem to home in on them. I'm starting to suspect it's my superpower.), so getting with girls I want is difficult.
She wanted sex. It's an uncomplicated scenario.

Veelk

Banned
She wanted sex. It's an uncomplicated scenario.

I don't think most people would crawl into bed with a literal stranger that you woke up in the room next 10 minutes ago. As I said, I don't slut shame, but I would definitely say it's unusually promiscuous, which might be a reaction to her bf breaking up.

Or she might just be horny, like you said. I don't think I know enough about her to say for sure, but I just would never have expected that and don't think it's typical.

I don't think most people would crawl into bed with a literal stranger that you woke up in the room next 10 minutes ago. As I said, I don't slut shame, but I would definitely say it's unusually promiscuous, which might be a reaction to her bf breaking up.

Or she might just be horny, like you said. I don't think I know enough about her to say for sure, but I just would never have expected that and don't think it's typical.

Son, a girl I met wanted to fuck me because she wanted to take my v-card. Now, you might think this isn't unusual. It's a fetish, and not uncommon. There's an appeal, but I digress. Here's the part that makes it fucking weird: She wanted to do so because her mom and her sister have taken multiple v-cards from multiple dudes, and she felt left out. Not to undermine herself in that area, she also said she had a thing for me despite the fact that we were both rather antagonistic towards each other. On top of that, she was in a relationship (a highly sexual one) with a person who at the time was a friend of mine. Also, I physically reminded her of her dad, who if I recall correctly, may or may not have raped her older sister when they were younger. It may have been her step-dad. I'm really unclear on those details, but rape was involved. There's three sisters, and one of them has a different parent than the other two, but again I digress.

My point is, and trust me when I say this: people are fucking weird, especially when it comes to sex. Sex is like a gateway into the ultimate weirdness of people.

And no, I did not have sex with this girl. On the grounds on a lot of things.

Veelk

Banned
Son, a girl I met wanted to fuck me because she wanted to take my v-card. Now, you might think this isn't unusual. It's a fetish, and not uncommon. There's an appeal, but I digress. Here's the part that makes it fucking weird: She wanted to do so because her mom and her sister have taken multiple v-cards from multiple dudes, and she felt left out. Not to undermine herself in that area, she also said she had a thing for me despite the fact that we were both rather antagonistic towards each other. On top of that, she was in a relationship (a highly sexual one) with a person who at the time was a friend of mine. Also, I physically reminded her of her dad, who if I recall correctly, may or may not have raped her older sister when they were younger. It may have been her step-dad. I'm really unclear on those details, but rape was involved. There's three sisters, and one of them has a different parent than the other two, but again I digress.

My point is, and trust me when I say this: people are fucking weird, especially when it comes to sex. Sex is like a gateway into the ultimate weirdness of people.

That is weird.

Well, whatever the case, I decided it doesn't matter. Just had a quick talk with Mike (not about this) and it turns out he's still holding a situation over my head that I don't feel I did anything (or atleast much) wrong in, so at this point, fuck him. At first, I was legitimately worried that I might have transgressed something, but now I think he's just being an asshole. Whatever, 2 more weeks and he'll be gone.

That is weird.

Well, whatever the case, I decided it doesn't matter. Just had a quick talk with Mike (not about this) and it turns out he's still holding a situation over my head that I don't feel I did anything (or atleast much) wrong in, so at this point, fuck him. At first, I was legitimately worried that I might have transgressed something, but now I think he's just being an asshole. Whatever, 2 more weeks and he'll be gone.

You ever work at a McDonald's? It's enlightening, to say the least. The most fucked up people I ever met.

Also, fuck Mike.

We shit on all of LoK's characters, but in a small effort to help rejuvenate the thread, let's discuss:

Who is your most liked character?
Which character is the most well written? (which is a very different question than the first)
Who is your most disliked character?
Who the least well written? (ditto)

I'll post mine assuming I survive my tests Tuesday. And be sure to explain why you feel that way, of course.

The nearest was Amon until that Grade A horseshit in the end
None all of them sucked (even the fucking MC herself)
Eh all of them were on the "not interested" tier (especially after that Amon shit)
Kuivira, that villian the second season, Asami, Kai, Jinora, Bolin, Mako and a fuck tonne more that would just pad out this post way too much

Nothings worse than emotionally unstable women, sex probably would've been mind blowing but the stress of dealing with her emotional problems would be a serious headache to the point that you'd hate yourself for it. In all honesty you should work your stuff out to the point where you don't have to contemplate doing some woman that your roommate doesn't have some emotional attachment towards. Seriously do you want some woman...one of many actually that's probably just on rotation for your roommate? Maybe I have too much of an honor code regarding this type of thing, but if you wanted someone you would've gone out and got your own woman and not some half rejected piece of insane tail that your roommate dragged over. I honestly have no problem with what you did since I probably would've done the same unless it was someone I actually cared about. It sounds like you would've been right either way, but given the fact that you're in an emotional state you'd be on here asking about your choice regardless. Just take it as a sign that you're mind isn't ready for that sort of thing yet.

6IAPwW5.gif

You didn't have sex with her because her and her family are fucking bat shit insane, you don't need that in your life, nobody does.
You ever work at a McDonald's? It's enlightening, to say the least. The most fucked up people I ever met.
McDonald's, where fucked up people sell you a half ass fucked up meat like substance.

Man post time skip Rocio is a bureaucrat. This cast grew up to be pretty hot.

Daemul

You did the right thing man, it's best to avoid girls like that.

Daemul

Also, fuck Mike.

I have and yeah, it's full of crazies. Not as bad as when I worked at a bread making factory one summer though, many of the stories I heard and people I met were utterly insane.

Man there's one man here craving virtual bae's and another one here in denial of craving one specific animated bae. When the fuck did I become one of the normal people in KorraGaf?

Man there's one man here craving virtual bae's and another one here in denial of craving one specific animated bae. When the fuck did I become one of the normal people in KorraGaf?

You just as bad as me Jaded nii-san, but you quenching your thirst irl so you're able to keep your crazy thirst at bay. I haven't done that in a while so whatever I say probably won't have a filter.

Village

My eternal pain: I'm way more interested in seeing an avatar based out of the fire nation than anything else. There is little to no chance a part 3 is happening with an earth bending avatar, which means even less chance of part 4 with fire guy.

Also no avatar charcters with dreads

Whyyy

Comes with free "Girl Friend might kill you " DLC, with "Rethink your life choices" DLC released at a later date.

Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom