• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinvara

What would you rather happen to you: Being emotionally(and literally) scarred by your mother and sister, or having two people you previously dated seemingly switch sexual orientation to be with each other?

The family thing is so much worse.

Why would I care if two of my exes ended up dating each other? Don't get it.

You shut your whore mouth weneedaKuviracomicorelse.
What would it be about tho? Kuvira is pretty much back to orphan-status without the empire backing her up and being locked away. Nobody in the universe seems to care about her. All she needs is a text bubble tbh.
The family thing is so much worse.

This is merely my personal opinion, but if what happened to Mako happened to me in that exact fashion, it would mess with my ego just a bit. lol

Beth Cyra

What would it be about tho? Kuvira is pretty much back to orphan-status without the empire backing her up and being locked away. Nobody in the universe seems to care about her. All she needs is a text bubble tbh.

This is merely my personal opinion, but if what happened to Mako happened to me in that exact fashion, it would mess with my ego just a bit. lol
I never got this line of thinking though.

If two women are attracted and get together it says almost nothing about the man other then it didn't work out.

The attraction has zero negative to say about Mako.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair I can imagine Korra visiting her once in a while, seeing as how she already saved her life and all.

CDiggity

455.jpg

But hey! Bisexuals!

Bolin

After all the are only...

HALF BROTHERS!

dramatic-chipmunk-o.gif

Hypoallergenic Chie said:
Did we ever get any meaningful development between Bolin and Opal beyond "I don't forgive you, help me save my mom"?

Yup. Opal forgave him. Bolin got very upset when she got knocked out trying to stop Kuvira Bot. I think they were shown dancing at the end?

The setting/music/animation for this show were all fantastic, but it was really held back by the writing and direction. I got some real Star Wars Prequel vibes while watching it, and would love to see a series of Plinkett reviews deconstructing the show.

My personal gripes:

Episodes either ended on a cliffhanger or they just sort of...ended. There are scenes of meaningless poorly written teen romance taking up precious time so that they couldn't afford to bookend the episodes with a proper final sequence. Many of the episodes of TLA ending with Appa flying off into the sunset while the gang discuss the events of said episode and the music swells up before it fades to black. In Korra it just hard cuts to the credits as soon as the final line is said. It's jarring and distracting and a really odd choice on the part of the director/editor.

The word 'SO' was massively overused because the writers couldn't work out how to convey actual emotions. You could make a drinking game out of taking a drink every time a character says 'I'm SO happy' or 'I was SO worried' or similar. It might be that I only noticed it while watching season 4, but I think it got worse as the show went on. This is a classic example of the audience being told something rather than shown something. Mako is happy to see Korra, better make sure he says the phrase 'I am SO happy to see you, Korra!' in case the audience doesn't get it. It's clumsy and makes it harder for the audience to connect to the characters because it doesn't feel at all organic.

Most of the teen romance subplots were handled incredibly poorly. If you're going to dedicate such a large proportion of your time (especially in the early seasons) to it, you might as well handle it properly. Count me in the camp of people who like the Korrasami ending because of the consequences it has for our society in the real world, but feel it wasn't earned or even really flagged to the audience. The 'hetero-goggles' thing is bullshit and he can fuck right off with that. If the 'cues' we got were all we needed to see a budding romance between those two characters, then basically every girl I know below the age of ~25 is falling in love with all of her female friends all the time. Fixing/complimenting someone's hair is pretty goddamn platonic. A scene mirroring the scene in S1 where Korra/Mako accidentally fall asleep resting on each other and struggle to deal with the feelings that rise from that would have been a better hint.

The rate at which technology progressed wasn't believable. S1 (for all it's massive flaws) had this amazing 20's vibe with jazz and model T's. Fast forward three entire years and we have modern jeeps and giant Gundams with world-ending lasers attached to them.

This show could have truly been great, but it was held back by some Lucas-level writing and some incredibly poor pacing. Fewer side characters and a tighter focus on the core gang having adventures would have really improved things. Did we really need to spend large chunks of season 2 listening to Aang's middle-aged children complain about their problems? Who is this supposed to appeal to?

Wasted potential, but I'm glad it was made.

The setting/music/animation for this show were all fantastic, but it was really held back by the writing and direction. I got some real Star Wars Prequel vibes while watching it, and would love to see a series of Plinkett reviews deconstructing the show.

My personal gripes:

Episodes either ended on a cliffhanger or they just sort of...ended. There are scenes of meaningless poorly written teen romance taking up precious time so that they couldn't afford to bookend the episodes with a proper final sequence. Many of the episodes of TLA ending with Appa flying off into the sunset while the gang discuss the events of said episode and the music swells up before it fades to black. In Korra it just hard cuts to the credits as soon as the final line is said. It's jarring and distracting and a really odd choice on the part of the director/editor.

The word 'SO' was massively overused because the writers couldn't work out how to convey actual emotions. You could make a drinking game out of taking a drink every time a character says 'I'm SO happy' or 'I was SO worried' or similar. It might be that I only noticed it while watching season 4, but I think it got worse as the show went on. This is a classic example of the audience being told something rather than shown something. Mako is happy to see Korra, better make sure he says the phrase 'I am SO happy to see you, Korra!' in case the audience doesn't get it. It's clumsy and makes it harder for the audience to connect to the characters because it doesn't feel at all organic.

Most of the teen romance subplots were handled incredibly poorly. If you're going to dedicate such a large proportion of your time (especially in the early seasons) to it, you might as well handle it properly. Count me in the camp of people who like the Korrasami ending because of the consequences it has for our society in the real world, but feel it wasn't earned or even really flagged to the audience. The 'hetero-goggles' thing is bullshit and he can fuck right off with that. If the 'cues' we got were all we needed to see a budding romance between those two characters, then basically every girl I know below the age of ~25 is falling in love with all of her female friends all the time. Fixing/complimenting someone's hair is pretty goddamn platonic. A scene mirroring the scene in S1 where Korra/Mako accidentally fall asleep resting on each other and struggle to deal with the feelings that rise from that would have been a better hint.

The rate at which technology progressed wasn't believable. S1 (for all it's massive flaws) had this amazing 20's vibe with jazz and model T's. Fast forward three entire years and we have modern jeeps and giant Gundams with world-ending lasers attached to them.

This show could have truly been great, but it was held back by some Lucas-level writing and some incredibly poor pacing. Fewer side characters and a tighter focus on the core gang having adventures would have really improved things. Did we really need to spend large chunks of season 2 listening to Aang's middle-aged children complain about their problems? Who is this supposed to appeal to?

Wasted potential, but I'm glad it was made.

Great post, I agree completely. The technology progression, particularly in season 4, really bothered me. Someone in here is probably going to fucking kill me for this but I think the romance pieces in season one actually made Mako and Korras feelings for one another feel...a tiny bit believable. Which is more than I'd personally say for Korrasami. I agree, the hair compliment I didn't see as romantic at all. The letters were the biggest tell, but even that was too subtle. I mean, there's nothing to suggest that the content of the letters was romantic. I feel like were told that Korrasami happened, but we weren't shown it. Kind of like how Anakin and Obi Wan are supposed to be great friends in episode 2 but everything we see points to the contrary.

Dammit, this is like the 5th time I've been avatar quoted. Azula got me good. Chariot you cannot escape your fate..

Kasumin

From what I understand, it'd be damaging to a guy's sense of masculinity and his self image. And, well, when that happens to a lot of men, they crumble like a pile of old bricks.

Toa TAK

Banned

Nah bro. It's easy to lay out a comic for her. Do a mental replay of her life up to her capital punishment.

See her life the moment she's abandoned by her parents (and who's to say they were assholes? Maybe they had a life-or-death reason to do so, or it was for the betterment of Kuvira's survival or something), explore her childhood on the streets before being taken in by Su and her family. Then explore that relationship because it's going to affect a lot of her actions down the line. As you do that you see her climb the ranks of being the bestest Metal Clan guard of Zaofu or whatever as she's adjusting to life under Su and being a part of her family. During her time at Zaofu you start weaving the thread with Bataar Jr and his personal motivations/issues.

Then you get her personal opinion of the Avatar (Korra) during all this once she's done something prominent (could be the Equalist Movement or Harmonic Convergence doesn't matter). She can go from admiration, adoration, spiteful, or just indifferent of her. Next, the Red Lotus stuff can be seen from her point of view, and even get more of her thoughts when Su turned her down on helping out. Fuck, you can even do a Tonraq bit in there (according to the book 3 commentary fans thought Kuvira had a thing for him while she was bandaging him, I don't know!)

Finally, this is where the shift in her character can be done properly. The three years in between Book 3 and 4. If they wanted to do a proper dictator mentality on her, hints of it should have been sprinkled throughout her story. Now we can get the ball rolling and see more of the rift between Su and her (or again, sprinkle some resentment throughout the story up to this point). She hooks up with Bataar Jr, Su's family resents her, and she starts unifying the Earth Kingdom by any means necessary as long as she keeps telling herself it's for the greater good, and to stop the same tragedy that had befallen her from affecting other children or helpless Earth Kingdom citizens. Thus achieving the Good Hitler status. Also, up to this point, minus the Zaheer battle, this chick really should be getting everything she wants. Whether it's by luck, or her intelligence, there's a reason why she says that line. Set that up here. Again, arriving at the Good Hitler status.

Shit, THIS is where a flashback should have been where she's still in the guard or younger with Su in the market or some shit and she sees the homeless or those being treated unfairly under the Earth Queen. She can help them on her own, but it's not enough. She doesn't have the influence or power... yet. Now how one incorporates fucking RE-EDUCATION CAMPS into the equation takes someone with actual creativity (that's not me). The best I can think of is her way of trying to create a "clean slate" for the Earth Empire by getting rid of those who originally aren't native to the land and by inviting them in or letting them stay, have caused the nation to degrade a bit. Just like any nation or hell, city, in today's times. Bryke can still have their political allusion here with this, too.

And as for the Giant Robot? Ehh... I have no clue how anyone can arrive to that logical conclusion but again, I'm not creative, so here it goes: Have her and Bataar Jr. or her other generals serving her all get into an argument or become frustrated with her on her tactics to finally take Republic City (either as soon as or months before Zaofu is taken), and some general in a smug tone/Bataar Jr. all worried like a BETA say something alone the lines of "You can't just walk in there with your spirit canon and expect them to surrender, Republic City still has an army." And at this point, she can be so fucking delusional, or prideful, or can even be done in pure spite and say, "Watch me." Thus she commences on the construction of Rusty the Big Guy.

Then you get the epilogue of her being taken by Su, trial (lol if there is one) and her imprisonment. Sure, Korra can swing by and offer more Avatar Wisdom™, but I think it'll be a bit more powerful if you get Su in there and just do something with that. Then end it like that fanart with tea or something I don' know.

Point is, it doesn't take long to create this woman's story. Easiest comic ever written. BAM.

Nah bro. It's easy to lay out a comic for her. Do a mental replay of her life up to her capital punishment.

See her life the moment she's abandoned by her parents (and who's to say they were assholes? Maybe they had a life-or-death reason to do so, or it was for the betterment of Kuvira's survival or something), explore her childhood on the streets before being taken in by Su and her family. Then explore that relationship because it's going to affect a lot of her actions down the line. As you do that you see her climb the ranks of being the bestest Metal Clan guard of Zaofu or whatever as she's adjusting to life under Su and being a part of her family. During her time at Zaofu you start weaving the thread with Bataar Jr and his personal motivations/issues.

Then you get her personal opinion of the Avatar (Korra) during all this once she's done something prominent (could be the Equalist Movement or Harmonic Convergence doesn't matter). She can go from admiration, adoration, spiteful, or just indifferent of her. Next, the Red Lotus stuff can be seen from her point of view, and even get more of her thoughts when Su turned her down on helping out. Fuck, you can even do a Tonraq bit in there (according to the book 3 commentary fans thought Kuvira had a thing for him while she was bandaging him, I don't know!)

Finally, this is where the shift in her character can be done properly. The three years in between Book 3 and 4. If they wanted to do a proper dictator mentality on her, hints of it should have been sprinkled throughout her story. Now we can get the ball rolling and see more of the rift between Su and her (or again, sprinkle some resentment throughout the story up to this point). She hooks up with Bataar Jr, Su's family resents her, and she starts unifying the Earth Kingdom by any means necessary as long as she keeps telling herself it's for the greater good, and to stop the same tragedy that had befallen her from affecting other children or helpless Earth Kingdom citizens. Thus achieving the Good Hitler status. Also, up to this point, minus the Zaheer battle, this chick really should be getting everything she wants. Whether it's by luck, or her intelligence, there's a reason why she says that line. Set that up here. Again, arriving at the Good Hitler status.

Shit, THIS is where a flashback should have been where she's still in the guard or younger with Su in the market or some shit and she sees the homeless or those being treated unfairly under the Earth Queen. She can help them on her own, but it's not enough. She doesn't have the influence or power... yet. Now how one incorporates fucking RE-EDUCATION CAMPS into the equation takes someone with actual creativity (that's not me). The best I can think of is her way of trying to create a "clean slate" for the Earth Empire by getting rid of those who originally aren't native to the land and by inviting them in or letting them stay, have caused the nation to degrade a bit. Just like any nation or hell, city, in today's times. Bryke can still have their political allusion here with this, too.

And as for the Giant Robot? Ehh... I have no clue how anyone can arrive to that logical conclusion but again, I'm not creative, so here it goes: Have her and Bataar Jr. or her other generals serving her all get into an argument or become frustrated with her on her tactics to finally take Republic City (either as soon as or months before Zaofu is taken), and some general in a smug tone/Bataar Jr. all worried like a BETA say something alone the lines of "You can't just walk in there with your spirit canon and expect them to surrender, Republic City still has an army." And at this point, she can be so fucking delusional, or prideful, or can even be done in pure spite and say, "Watch me." Thus she commences on the construction of Rusty the Big Guy.

Then you get the epilogue of her being taken by Su, trial (lol if there is one) and her imprisonment. Sure, Korra can swing by and offer more Avatar Wisdom™, but I think it'll be a bit more powerful if you get Su in there and just do something with that. Then end it like that fanart with tea or something I don' know.

Point is, it doesn't take long to create this woman's story. Easiest comic ever written. BAM.

Would have been nice if this was in the show.

Like damn, it's almost as if Bryke need to post on tumblr to explain wtf is going on for every aspect of their cartoon, lol.

and add my post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144496456&postcount=1307

:D

If I were actually a funny person, I'd love to emulate a Plinkett review sans the scary ass shit about being a serial killer.

I'm more a Half in the Bag person myself.

sDzE0cM.png

HiTB is great, but the crazier aspects of the Plinkett videos are what allows Mike to go so in depth on his analysis while keeping the attention of people who aren't film students.

I've enjoyed reading your posts about this show. If you're not confident to do it solo, maybe you could collaborate with people to write/record a proper deconstruction of Korra. I'd pitch in.

I wasn't a fan of technology being much more modern in LoK than ATLA but by the end of season one I stopped caring. There was a MASSIVE drill in ATLA, is a giant mech ~73 years later that crazy?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't a fan of technology being much more modern in LoK than ATLA but by the end of season one I stopped caring. There was a MASSIVE drill in ATLA, is a giant mech ~73 years later that crazy?

There's a difference between a huge drill, which could be plausable by reality's standards, and a huge robot, which is straight up fictional stuff.

There's a difference between a huge drill, which could be plausable by reality's standards, and a huge robot, which is straight up fictional stuff.

I think it's more that it's hard to believe that the robot came out of nowhere. I think that's really what's bugging me. That damn robot. She managed to keep that a secret for how long? Were they originally planning to mount a cannon on it? Was she building it the whole time.

I mean, they explicitly say that there was a Fire Nation establishment out in the middle of the bay by Serpent's Pass, and that the Fire Nation had some kind of secret project being worked on out there. With this, episode 11 comes up and all of a sudden it's a giant robot. The hell?!

Hamlet

I think it's more that it's hard to believe that the robot came out of nowhere. I think that's really what's bugging me. That damn robot. She managed to keep that a secret for how long? Were they originally planning to mount a cannon on it? Was she building it the whole time.

I mean, they explicitly say that there was a Fire Nation establishment out in the middle of the bay by Serpent's Pass, and that the Fire Nation had some kind of secret project being worked on out there. With this, episode 11 comes up and all of a sudden it's a giant robot. The hell?!

Well Kuvira did tell Baatar to start dismantling the Zaofu domes back in episode 6. We just didn't realize what it was for till the Giant mech popped up. Though quite a few people in the previous OT were guessing correctly that she was going to build a giant mech well before it actually happened.
Guess she build stuff pretty fast when you have an army of metalbenders and prisoners from the work camps.

I never got this line of thinking though.

If two women are attracted and get together it says almost nothing about the man other then it didn't work out.

The attraction has zero negative to say about Mako.
I'm talking about me not Mako. He's likely a better man than I. lol
Why would it mess with your ego?
I know realistically(and to a person with less insecurities) it shouldn't matter, but the way my head would do the mental gymnastics is as follows:
If I dated two seemingly straight women, and coincidentally after having dated me they both decide to date women, it would kinda throw me off. It could totally have nothing to with me in the slightest, but the timing would make me wonder "Did that have anything to do with me? Was I just that bad that I ruined guys for not one, but two women? In a row?" That would bother me, particularly given that I don't like to believe in coincidences. Whenever I would find out about hypothetical ex-girl friend "#1" dating women after our relationship, I wouldn't care at all and definitely wouldn't think I had anything to do with that. However, once I find out something similar about ex-gf "#2", my head takes the scenario from being a coincidence to becoming a pattern and that's when I would start to implicate myself.
Granted if I knew they were bisexual beforehand, that would void all of the prior text and go along my merry way
Just trying to give a view of the inner workings on my brain.
To be fair I can imagine Korra visiting her once in a while, seeing as how she already saved her life and all.
I guess so. That fan art was nice.

-snip-

That was...pretty good. Why couldn't it have been in the show? ;_;

The drill matches the steam punk feel of The avatar verse.

The robot is straight sci fi. Remember, in Korra biplanes were just invented 3 years ago.

Biplanes -> Giant laser shooting mechs

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what to make of this.

like, i can see a combination of bending + normal technology being able to bring a giant drill into the mix, especially since it's just a huge tank with a drill in it, not really breaking any laws of physics. a giant robot, on the other hand, makes no sense even if you take metal bending into account considering it apparently works mostly off technology.

Well Kuvira did tell Baatar to start dismantling the Zaofu domes back in episode 6. We just didn't realize what it was for till the Giant mech popped up. Though quite a few people in the previous OT were guessing correctly that she was going to build a giant mech well before it actually happened.
Guess she build stuff pretty fast when you have an army of metalbenders and prisoners from the work camps.

Oh wow I forgot about that dialogue. I remember it now.

Well shit...

rexor0717

The drill matches the steam punk feel of The avatar verse.

The robot is straight sci fi. Remember, in Korra biplanes were just invented 3 years ago.

Biplanes -> Giant laser shooting mechs

This is one of the things that always bothered me, but it doesn't really have too much of a bearing on my enjoyment of the series. Its still absurd how fast technology has progressed, especially in a society with magic.

Afrocious

I know this is old hat, but I'd like to bring up what I think about Book 2. I had to remember what exactly went down in it, and thanks to several posts ITT I can recall a lot now. However, I take back something I said earlier; I don't think Book 2 is the worst of the show. I think that title goes to Book 1. Book 2 actually had promising episodes and concepts whereas Book 1 pissed them out and forgot to flush the toilet, all in the name of probending.

Book 2 had a civil war right? Tonrak's Southern Water Tribe vs Unalaq's Northern Water Tribe over who should lead the tribes, right? Damn, the Southern Tribe got filthy rich since A:TLA. You see Korra's house/mansion/castle? Holy shit.

ftBXKEB.png

I remember this castle more than I do the damn civil war. Then I remember stuff about Mako and Korra getting into a bout because Korra decided to get mad at him for existing, and Mako realized he had to character at all so couldn't do much except say "no u". He fucked up though since Korra is filthy stinking rich. Considering his on and off fling with Asami, we can say Mako wishes to be a house husband, and I honestly can't judge him for that because dammit I want to be with a girl who makes more money than I do.

In fact, how convenient was it that the Avatar was royalty? Not that much at all I think. This makes her like a princess, right? Isn't she an only child? If Tonraq dies, who takes up the tribe? Korra? Bryke, why wasn't this addressed? Didn't she have to scavenge for food in Book 1 at one point? Why? She's damn rich so wtf, did her parents not give her money? Does Water Tribe money melt the moment you get close enough to the equator?

So Korra and her ball-and-chained Not Zuko are upset at each other, and then we're given our constant source of intended comedic relief for the entire book: Eska and still-useless Bolin (Bolin becomes not useless in Book 3 and asset to team in Book 4). I don't think this interactions with Desna and Eska helped him at all in his redemption, and only reminded people that Sokka was funny by himself for the most part without having to rely on the life-support of situational humor. Unfortunately, the situational humor in Korra throughout all four books consisted of Bolin being Eska's pet, Meelo farting and existing, and Bolin being with Varric that whole time in Book 4. Guess which one was actually funny. And while you're at it, guess which one was used to acknowledge a character who'd prove to be useless piece of shit because apparently, farting kids with a sense of entitlement are what people want to see when watching the successor of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

IGJRvcZ.png

This fucker right here was what prevented LoK from being a top-tier show. For every moment he was on the screen, we could've had more exposition and maybe more moments with Korra and Asami, but nope. We had him as filler for a show that no leeway at all to even have filler. OR DID IT? We'll see, but I think Meelo deserves his own write up because I genuinely think he serves as evidence that Bryke either wanted to separate themselves so much from whatever they achieved in A:TLA, or that they simply had no grasp on the demographic of people who watched and were watching both series.

Oh yeah, Asami. What did she do again in Book 2? Again, before she kissed Mako? And after? I forget. I know later on in book 3 the writers kind of give up on whatever development she could possibly have as a character and make her a living multitool that can fix things, but she didn't even have that luxury in Book 2. Please correct me on this if I'm mistaken on her role. I know she had some ships that were being raided, and she kind of lamented about going broke, and somehow fiending after Mako's literally poor dick was supposed to be some comfort.

Korra gets gamed by Unalaq, which I felt was good considering her character commits suicide in terms of kicking curb whatever she could've learned about being an Avatar from Book 1. When she bragged about kicking Amon's butt, I kind of wished Tenzin drop kicked her in the face like a good master does to an unruly student.

Then we get Wan episodes, which were flawless and kind of cemented the notion that the best episodes in the show were the ones where Korra weren't featured at all or very little.

Oh yeah, I'm now remembering a ton of exposition around Aang's kids. Looking back, did this ever amount to anything considering there was no long-standing plot for any of them outside of Tenzin finally coming to terms with how Aang raised all of them? I also forget if this had anything to do with Jinora being able to go into the spirit world and have some sort of ethereal form.

I don't know how Jinora helped Korra beat Una-vaatu/Dark Avatar by being a glowing butterfly, but she did and the world was saved.

I'm mad because I genuinely think the concept of another Avatar created by Vaatu was a viable plotline to be followed. A show could've been made on that one concept alone. An Avatar of light opposing an Avatar of darkness, with both being reincarnated throughout time in an endless struggle.

This is the main reason why I consider Book 2 to be better than Book 1. Where Book 1 decided not to follow up with Amon being awesome and instead resorted to the bait and switch of him being some OP waterbender, we get Book 2 where the writers make up mythological shit that fits into the lore of the Avatar-verse and then follows up with it somewhat. Regardless of how many sharks were jumped in the giant kaijuu battle, I cannot complain about the addition of Raava and Vaatu, along with origin story of the Avatar.

Also, Korra took her dick out and outright said she and Mako can't be together. Our avatar was finally growing up, as we'd see in Book 3 and 4.

HiTB is great, but the crazier aspects of the Plinkett videos are what allows Mike to go so in depth on his analysis while keeping the attention of people who aren't film students.

I've enjoyed reading your posts about this show. If you're not confident to do it solo, maybe you could collaborate with people to write/record a proper deconstruction of Korra. I'd pitch in.

You know, that wouldn't be a bad idea...could be fun. I dunno where I'll be time-wise since I'm in the middle of looking for a new job while trying to leave my current one, but I think I'd like this. I'd also like to sit and watch Korra from the beginning now that it's finished. Kind of like what Nostalgia Critic did with TLA.

Trey

Asami literally exists in season 2 in order to be fucked over. She needs to have her company stolen from her by Varrick, she needs to have Mako kick her teeth in relationship wise, she is mostly just there to be fucked over.

It's pretty ugly.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Asami literally exists in season 2 in order to be fucked over. She needs to have her company stolen from her by Varrick, she needs to have Mako kick her teeth in relationship wise, she is mostly just there to be fucked over.

It's pretty ugly.

well at least she ended the series the same way amirite

Afrocious

It's pretty ugly.

This...is actually damn true. I didn't think about how Varrick's motivations actually were springboarded off her lifeless body.

well at least she ended the series the same way amirite

GV4RrpD.jpg

Afrocious

Hahahaha.

This gif just made me realize something. Why did the Earth Empire need a giant bipedal mecha? I can see for pride and as a WMD to threaten people, but the secret revelation of it being a killing machine on top of it never actually utilizing its arms and legs in a practical manner kinda makes me wonder if it should've been just given treads or something.

Like if the giant robot climbed a mountain and shot the city from there like a Metal Gear was intended to do, then I'd think the robot made sense.

Hamlet

At least they never damseled Asami. lol how much Kai (an ultimate nobody) undercut Jinora's personal arc.

Yeah that got really annoying after while just how many times Jinora kept getting kidnapped or captured. Should have swapped positions around in Book 3 at least. Have Jinora save kai a tad more instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom