• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like the 7th time I've been avatar quoted....DAMMIT

Though I must say I think I'm developing stockholm syndrome...starting to like the avatar lol.

Also,

blaAY.gif

I love book one.

Hell yeeeeeah

tumblr_mhc5i17V6l1rqi09ro1_500.gif

tumblr_mhc5i17V6l1rqi09ro2_500.gif

tumblr_n7jtnsgbm61s6xd08o6_500.gif

tumblr_m4c7eaioT11qlpdjw.gif

Hmm... so if you were addressing the issues found in LoK, it's a sure thing to add comments on how many ultimately useless characters were given screen time.

I already know a few things I'd add to a list of such details, but what else are some? Give me the obvious as well.
Would you be mad if I told you that ending the entire series on a ship given less than a couple minutes across four seasons is a pretty obvious issue to add to such a list?

Would you be mad if I told you that ending the entire series on a ship given less than a couple minutes across four seasons is a pretty obvious issue to add to such a list?

Man don't you dare bring the conversation back to Korrasami. I mean it's a valid answer to his question, but I swear...

tumblr_n8chaadAOu1rogcuio1_500.gif

Also, I think I'll be done posting gifs for awhile. I feel like I'm clogging up the thread.

PBalfredo

In addition to capturing the noire aspect of the cityscape, I loved the mood they cast in the Equalist bases. When our heroes were out of their element and trapped in the enemy's den, the show would bath the scene in an atmosphere that is downright oppressive. The underground factory fight particularly stands out to me with the unsettling green glow of the mechatanks and the subdued, foreboding music of that scene. The scene later in the tunnel network keeps up that atmosphere to maintain the tension, making the Equalist presence feel threatening, even if it was only staffed by unnamed goons. Considering in the previous series is one where four teens took down an entire palace of goons without breaking a sweat, being able to ratchet down the scale of the encounters but still making them seem daunting to our heroes is a big accomplishment of Korra Book 1.

Some seriously badass shit up in this thread.

I'm starting to remember Book 1 more fondly

Any time I like to remember TLoK in a positive light (particularly Book 1) I watch this. Then again, it's also combined with Angel's opening theme which I adore (helps that Angel's one of my all time favorite shows, too).

In addition to capturing the noire aspect of the cityscape, I loved the mood they cast in the Equalist bases. When our heroes were out of their element and trapped in the enemy's den, the show would bath the scene in an atmosphere that is downright oppressive. The underground factory fight particularly stands out to me with the unsettling green glow of the mechatanks and the subdued, foreboding music of that scene. The scene later in the tunnel network keeps up that atmosphere to maintain the tension, making the Equalist presence feel threatening, even if it was only staffed by unnamed goons. Considering in the previous series is one where four teens took down an entire palace of goons without breaking a sweat, being able to ratchet down the scale of the encounters but still making them seem daunting to our heroes is a big accomplishment of Korra Book 1.

badum tsh

Toa TAK

Banned
Red Lotus had such good synergy
Yeah, you couldn't help but root for them at times. Plus, having the Earth Queen be a total bitch helped them look good, too.
You folks are glorifying the fuck out of book 1.

Oh man.
Book 1 was awesome, minus the finale.
Edit: Damn Toa, that Ming Hua gif.
RIP mobilegaf
46Ihjl6.gif

I'd post Book 4 gifs, but it just finished, plus I have an OP dedicated to that. >:3

Hamlet

Gorgeous show.

It sure is Studio Mir and Studio Reve did a fantastic job. I look forward to seeing what the dreamworks project is that Studio Mir is working on now.
Studio Pierrot did a pretty decent job with the action segments also.

Teen romance? Aren't you the one posting fanart on every page?

lol nah, 4 can't duck from the terrible villian, terrible pacing, lack of plot, and terrible ending

Can't fight that. I've been trying to defend Book 4 for awhile now, but I think it's legitimately my least favorite Book in all of Avatar. At the very least I really enjoyed Book 2's action even if it's plot arc was wonky as fuck at times. And I might be the only person here who genuinely enjoyed Unalaq as a villain (I've analyzed him a few times before and why I like him).

While I liked Book 4's action (so much fucking metalbending) and I did enjoy the ending (truly), Book 4 had a lot of missed opportunities that hurt it in my book (hah). I enjoyed pro-bending and I didn't think the romance was all that bad. Not nearly as much as other people make it out to be. Balance's ending tore me up for the longest time, because I had a ton of emotions and no where to put them. I saw the moments, I felt, but I couldn't release because they lacked weight. Air may not carry as strong of an emotional connection, but it at least hits the right beats at the right times and makes them count. That's for me, of course.

Hamlet

Haha I actually have the bigger image of that one, but had to refrain from posting it since the thumbnails look damn similar.

Just try and keep sfw as we had quite the issue back in the middle of Book 4 with an a abundance of lewd pictures being posted.
One of the reasons why there's a NO HENTAI PLEASE rule in the previous two OT's ha.

Just try and keep sfw as we had quite the issue back in the middle of Book 4 with an a abundance of lewd pictures being posted.
One of the reasons why there's a NO HENTAI PLEASE rule in the previous two OT's ha.

Didn't it started because some dude posted a fanart pic of pegging and maybe incest involved?

Toa TAK

Banned
Oh yeah, I forgot about that rule...

Nah fuck it, I'm not putting it up as a rule in the OP. I'm gonna take a note from Zaheer and let anarchy reign.

Hamlet

can someone else here please acknowledge that the korra season 3 bomb scene exists so i know i didn't dream about it or something

Yeah that was a pretty neat airbending move by Korra.
Also I just remember how they next scene really fueled the Suyin is part of Red Lotus theory.

Afrocious

Can't fight that. I've been trying to defend Book 4 for awhile now, but I think it's legitimately my least favorite Book in all of Avatar. At the very least I really enjoyed Book 2's action even if it's plot arc was wonky as fuck at times. And I might be the only person here who genuinely enjoyed Unalaq as a villain (I've analyzed him a few times before and why I like him).

While I liked Book 4's action (so much fucking metalbending) and I did enjoy the ending (truly), Book 4 had a lot of missed opportunities that hurt it in my book (hah). I enjoyed pro-bending and I didn't think the romance was all that bad. Not nearly as much as other people make it out to be. Balance's ending tore me up for the longest time, because I had a ton of emotions and no where to put them. I saw the moments, I felt, but I couldn't release because they lacked weight. Air may not carry as strong of an emotional connection, but it at least hits the right beats at the right times and makes them count. That's for me, of course.

You know, that's something I never considered. About the metalbending I mean.

Like, I actually felt metalbending was getting old around Book 3 and 4. Hell, earthbending in general regardless of Book 4 having a damn army of earthbenders.

I mean, sure we had our characters moving buildings awesomely, but that won't Bayonetta or Kingdom Hearts 2. Or Dark City.

Oh snap. I'll be extra careful then. I was about to post something that was kind of suggestive until you made this message.

Cross my heart. Nothing suggestive.

To redeem myself, here's a laughing.jpeg of a bunch of Avatars laughing at how Bryke could legitimately be called hack writers.

YgWhnlH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom