• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking with Angel was the dude's primary motive at points. Kind of infuriating, since Angel was just trying to get shit done most, if not all, of the time.
That's the one thing that made their dynamic so fun though, "He's a wee little puppet man!" With Lorne being too busy nobody really had the time to playfully fuck with Angel.

That's the one thing that made their dynamic so fun though, "He's a wee little puppet man!" With Lorne being too busy nobody really had the time to playfully fuck with Angel.

Man this is so true. Lorne was bomb. Too bad he didn't have a lot of focused moments in Season 5. The moments he did have though were fucking godlike.

-The entire episode where he loses sleep
-The entirety of the final episode
-Interrogating Eve after Illyria took Fred.

Hamlet

Live action Korra played by Megan Fox.

Don't even think about it

tumblr_m1kxmuDL1e1qzlxm4o1_500.gif

Man this is so true. Lorne was bomb. Too bad he didn't have a lot of focused moments in Season 5. The moments he did have though were fucking godlike.

-The entire episode where he loses sleep
-The entirety of the final episode
-Interrogating Eve after Illyria took Fred.
Man I really need to rewatch this series. I miss the snark and sarcasm the dialogue had. Lorne was great in season 2. The only one not afraid to put him in his place and helped pull him out of his darkest moments. That last ep was just hardcore.
Live action Korra played by Megan Fox.
She can't act for shit.

Man I really need to rewatch this series. I miss the snark and sarcasm the dialogue had. Lorne was great in season 2. The only one not afraid to put him in his place and helped pull him out of his darkest moments. That last ep was just hardcore.

I watched the series again recently, so that's why it's so fresh in my mind. Probably my favorite show of all time. Or at least close to it.

She can't act for shit.

She's also not that pretty. I mean, I'd still do her if that was a possible scenario, but she's not all that.

Also, in all seriousness, we don't need a TLoK movie or even an extra episode. Let's assume that those extra 6 minute rumors I brought up a lot (a lot) earlier are true, Day of the Colossus had 2 extra minutes over the one that aired. If The Last Stand got 4 extra minutes, that's plenty to cover any real loose ends.

What real loose ends are there? Let's think about that. All I'd want is a nice conversation between Bolin and Korra, just like she had with Mako, Tenzin, and Wu. I'd want to see a bit of reconciliation between Kuvira, Su, and Bataar Jr. Maybe throw in an extra bit with Mako doing...something. That's really it. Unless you want Jinora and Kai resolution, but by the end, no one cared anyways.

A movie/OVA/extra episode would be too much, and far too out of place. I'd really rather just have those extra minutes, a Director's Cut, if that's even a possible thing. Even the things I listed as loose ends are not really loose ends. Just nice little extras, but we definitely don't need it.

Not really, Red Lotus was fighting against world leaders, Korra never wanted to rule the world(neither most did Avatars), she was just in the way.

They were fighting against order, which Zaheer explained. To destroy order that would mean to destroy governments and authority figures which is why he killed the Earth Queen and why he wanted to end the avatar cycle. It's been pretty established in both series that the avatar is an authority figure in the world. In Beginnings Raava explains that she keeps coming back so that she could one day establish eternal peace.

Daemul

I wonder if Hollywood would allow for an all Asian cast in a Legend of Korra blockbuster movie. They would have to if they want to keep it authentic, but since when has Hollywood cared about that?

You would probably need to have the movie made in Asia if you want to stay true to the setting.

Daemul

I guess the Water Tribe is most analogous to the Inuit, but the water tribe doesn't really look Inuit.
Yeah, that's why I've taken to just calling people in the Avatar world as a whole PoC instead of trying to compare them to specific people's in our world. There's similarities, but there's also differences.

I watched the series again recently, so that's why it's so fresh in my mind. Probably my favorite show of all time. Or at least close to it.

She's also not that pretty. I mean, I'd still do her if that was a possible scenario, but she's not all that.

Also, in all seriousness, we don't need a TLoK movie or even an extra episode. Let's assume that those extra 6 minute rumors I brought up a lot (a lot) earlier are true, Day of the Colossus had 2 extra minutes over the one that aired. If The Last Stand got 4 extra minutes, that's plenty to cover any real loose ends.

What real loose ends are there? Let's think about that. All I'd want is a nice conversation between Bolin and Korra, just like she had with Mako, Tenzin, and Wu. I'd want to see a bit of reconciliation between Kuvira, Su, and Bataar Jr. Maybe throw in an extra bit with Mako doing...something. That's really it. Unless you want Jinora and Kai resolution, but by the end, no one cared anyways.

A movie/OVA/extra episode would be too much, and far too out of place. I'd really rather just have those extra minutes, a Director's Cut, if that's even a possible thing. Even the things I listed as loose ends are not really loose ends. Just nice little extras, but we definitely don't need it.
I would do Amy Acker way before I touch Megan Fox...like way before Fox...way before Fox. Between Elisabeth Rohm and Meagan Fox, Fox...just can't compete with any woman that has appeared on Angel...fuck...that Stephanie Romanov....shit
tumblr_inline_nbcd6iToN61rt1dja.gif

LOK needed an extra properly paced episode. Nobody wants like 16 seconds between some of those characters.

Lethe82

Banned

I would love an OAV if only because it would probably focus on a contained story that there in only was really burdened with the responsibility of focusing on a few key characters. Just make it about Korra and Asami in the Spirit World, bam, done. It will give them plenty of exposition scenes to flesh out their relationship and would likely have season 1 esque kick ass animation due to a larger budget. The irony of Korrasami happening in the finale and in a way that overshadowed the other cast members while still being anemic is still a thing. The show suffered a lot because of character bloat as it went on, but also because everything became in service to moving the plot from point A to B instead of the characters, and extra 6 minutes might doa lot to help flesh out the ending, but the show could still use another shot of content (be in movie or comic) to focus on giving time to the characters who actually matter.

tumblr_nharcnl5591tibkx1o1_1280.jpg

She's my favorite for a really good reason. Kicks ass really well too, she even broke out Chun Li's spinning bird kick.

It feels a little clunky for the first couple of eps, but the new characters get worked in pretty well and they still get a good amount of screen time. None of them feel tacked on by the end and seem to serve a purpose to balance out the team dynamic. Though fuck Lagoon Boy.

There was also a shot of her...ehem...backside that was quite prominent.

Their endgame turned into a disastrous blight of a relationship though.

I'll say again, Their style of story telling doesn't fit well with the original short run Nick gave them. Nothing inherently wrong with Makorra just just seemed rushed and its base was flimsy as fuck. If They had known how many episode they were going to have I'm sure they would have developed it a lot better.

Daemul

Wait.. are people actually trying to claim that Korrasami was the plan from the start? That is some "one more day" level retconing!

Nah, just that people who supported the ship from the start deserve some props. They had much more faith than most of us did.

Daemul

I hope not considering Bryan even said that Makorra was the original endgame for the show.
What a terrible endgame that would have been. A relationship with absolutely zero chemistry and which marred the first two seasons of the show with a terrible romance plot.

Thank fuck Bryke got rid of it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
What a terrible endgame that would have been. A relationship with absolutely zero chemistry and which marred the first two seasons of the show with a terrible romance plot.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Afrocious

I wouldn't mind Mako if his personality was...existent.

Haha let me stop. He has a personality, but him as a character was pretty lacking, and what little we had to work with was annoying.

Granted, Korra was piss annoying back in Book 1 and 2, but Mako could ruin scenes back in the day.

Why do people keep saying this?

The only reason they had no "chemistry" (whatever the fuck that means), is because they weren't written well.

Makorra is just an awful romance. No more no less.

Hamlet

nononono

If there's gonna be a Breaking Bad style spin off, it should be about Kuvira (and her story already aligns itself to that character archtype and story, but I'll complain another time).

Kuvira spin off would be nice. But my heart still holds out for a spin off focusing on Red Lotus.
Maybe we should just have a spinoff dealing with the early years of Kuvira trying to fix the Earth Kingdom and dealing with the remnants of the Red Lotus there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom