• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and by the time they dropped him he had already developed a relationship with several of the main characters. It kind of just shows how much pre planning they do with their characters. Don't worry I get what you're saying in that it's a weakness, hopefully one they'll fix for their next project. Kai could've been worked in better. He could've been sent to Zaoful by Tenzin as back up before Jinora and siblings found Korra or could've even went with them. I'm going to assume they all know him by now since he's been dating Jinora for 3 years, they never even had dialogue together. For all we know Meelo wouldn't have pulled his immature nonsense with Kai there. Kai theoretically could have served as like a big brother type role for Meelo since we know Meelo loves to cause trouble. There are just ways to add characters in that can serve a purpose.

Good points there. They should've just written Bolin tighter without relying on PJ Byrne to adlib some stuff. I've said a lot about Kuvira already. Regarding Jinora, they really should've shown her mature more instead be stuck in "Uptight I'm too good for this shit" mode. And always having her getting captured every season pretty much just never helped prove to the audience that she deserved her tats.

I think my big issue with Jinora is that for how important she is, there sure isn't enough focus on her. In Air she's in the same role as the other kids. In Spirits they go into her a bit, and then *BAM* plot device. Change focuses on her more which is good, but then in Balance she just kind of shows up and then needs to be rescued later. I was always upset we didn't get more Ikki, especially considering that she seemed like she should have had Jinora's role in Spirits.

I know and I edited again.
I think my big issue with Jinora is that for how important she is, there sure isn't enough focus on her. In Air she's in the same role as the other kids. In Spirits they go into her a bit, and then *BAM* plot device. Change focuses on her more which is good, but then in Balance she just kind of shows up and then needs to be rescued later. I was always upset we didn't get more Ikki, especially considering that she seemed like she should have had Jinora's role in Spirits.
Well Ikki never seemed like she was as spiritually inclined as Jinora was. When they did finally bring Ikki in for an actual full episode it pretty much just covered the same ground as the season 2 ep where she befriended a bunch of little air bison (the blueberry spice head tea party episode). Jinora is a new airbending master...yet every time she's on screen for more than 3 minutes she's getting captured again. Yeah I know Aang got captured a lot, but Aang also found ways to get him out of that situation...for the most part granted he had to be rescued by Zuko too. But that's also the difference Aang also tended to aid the people that rescued him, Jinora just kept getting damseled and didn't really do much till after her attackers were already defeated. She has the spiritual hax powers but she never really did much to prove to the audience that she deserved her tats. With the exception of Jinora gathering up the airbenders to create that large tornado that finally defeated Zaheer it kind of just comes off as Tenzin doing it to prevent another temper tantrum by Jinora.
I feel like I did bad by skipping the second book.
There are actually some good moments in it, just not anything surrounding Korra herself.

It is. If Korra gets a lesbian relationship then so can Lin. Kya is damn hot and probably the only person patient, strong and relaxed enough to loosen up Lin.

Why the fuck not at this point? It would make as much sense at Korrasami and have as much build up. All thats needed is a tumbler post making it cannon.

Of course I never saw it due to my "hetro-glasses"

I feel like I did bad by skipping the second book.

For all the shit it's given (I liked it), it's very important to pretty much everything. Also has some really cool fights.

Also, and I never understand this, why is it that people skip episodes/seasons/arcs of shows they're watching FOR THE FIRST TIME? Like, if it's something like the non-manga-based filler in an anime like OnePiece or Dragonball Z, then fine, I skipped that shit. But you are watching a show for the FIRST TIME. Why do people want to skip something they've never seen? Because of general opinion? Watch it for yourself and make your opinion. Who knows, you might be different.

JadedWriter said:
Well Ikki never seemed like she was as spiritually inclined as Jinora was. When they did finally bring Ikki in for an actual full episode it pretty much just covered the same ground as the season 2 ep where she befriended a bunch of little air bison (the blueberry spice head tea party episode). Jinora is a new airbending master...yet every time she's on screen for more than 3 minutes she's getting captured again. Yeah I know Aang got captured a lot, but Aang also found ways to get him out of that situation...for the most part granted he had to be rescued by Zuko too. But that's also the difference Aang also tended to aid the people that rescued him, Jinora just kept getting damseled and didn't really do much till after her attackers were already defeated. She has the spiritual hax powers but she never really did much to prove to the audience that she deserved her tats. With the exception of Jinora gathering up the airbenders to create that large tornado that finally defeated Zaheer it kind of just comes off as Tenzin doing it to prevent another temper tantrum by Jinora.

Wasn't Ikki generally friendly with and communicated well with spirits? Or was just remembering the tea party thing wrong? Because that's the reason I thought it should have been Ikki, and not Jinora.

Why the fuck not at this point? It would make as much sense at Korrasami and have as much build up. All thats needed is a tumbler post making it cannon.

I don't even think those two have had a conversation with each other, didn't stop Tumblr though.
tumblr_n543pf6V3p1rgyr0no1_1280.jpg

I think it's been gone over time and time again why Korrasami does and doesn't work., and why the "hetero-lenses" thing also works and doesn't work. Kya and Lin had pretty much no dialogue or anything, and your post comes off as super defensive for no reason.

Wasn't Ikki generally friendly with and communicated well with spirits? Or was just remembering the tea party thing wrong? Because that's the reason I thought it should have been Ikki, and not Jinora.
I honestly thought she left because just got tired of dealing with Meelo and Jinora. She's friendly to animals and I just assumed she got lured by the bison babies because she felt more a connection to them. She even has a flying squirrel friend now that she randomly picked up. Anybody with more knowledge of that can correct me, I won't mind.

Korrvira needs to stopped being shipped, damn it. Kuvira needs no one (accept maybe Su apparently).
You better thank god I kept two choice art works out of here. I'm fine with it to be honest.
Indeed!

kya_and_lin_by_zhuzibeifang-d6tjpko.jpg

*gushes*
In all honesty both characters could use it. It wouldn't surprise me if Kya's hippie ass swung both ways. Lin's at risk of dying a lonely bitter ass woman that has felt betrayed by everybody so why not date Kya? I'm pretty sure they'd treat each other right and Kya's probably the only person that wouldn't let Lin's demeanor bother her.

I honestly thought she left because just got tired of dealing with Meelo and Jinora. She's friendly to animals and I just assumed she got lured by the bison babies because she felt more a connection to them. She even has a flying squirrel friend now that she randomly picked up. Anybody with more knowledge of that can correct me, I won't mind.

Nah that's about it. I thought she was friendly with the bunny spirits, too. That might have just been Bumi though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
In all honesty the characters could use it. It wouldn't surprise me if Kya's hippie ass swung both ways. Lin's at risk of dying a lonely bitter ass woman that has felt betrayed by everybody so why not date Kya? I'm pretty sure they'd treat each other right and Kya's probably the only person that wouldn't let Lin's demeanor bother her.

"You worry too much Lin. Relax."

"And you don't worry enough!"

Into my veins.

"You worry too much Lin. Relax."

"And you don't worry enough!"

Into my veins.
Young Lin was a fucking babe in Old Wounds. I can only imagine what a younger Kya would like. Straight into my veins cause god damn. They're both hot older woman too though so it doesn't matter. Pema is 39 I think and doesn't look half as good as Lin.
Nah that's about it. I thought she was friendly with the bunny spirits, too. That might have just been Bumi though.
Both Bumi and Jinora have spirit rabbit friends. Jinora had Furry Foot and Bumi has BumJun.

SDBurton

Young Lin was a fucking babe in Old Wounds. I can only imagine what a younger Kya would like. Straight into my veins cause god damn. They're both hot older woman too though so it doesn't matter. Pema is 39 I think and doesn't look half as good as Lin.

Yeah she was. I would give Tenzin crap for choosing Pema over Lin, but then she wouldn't be availble for Kya, her OTP.

Surely there's some fanfiction out there to meet my needs.

ODDI

Finally! watched the whole season in one go, mixed feelings about the how everything wrapped up (not really bother bout that final scene) but it's over now and preferred season 3 over all.

Ming Hua had some very creative bending. I loved that ice drill she used to tunnel underground.
she had someone that appreciated her, and then she tried to kill him
That doesn't mean she realized it at the time or thought it was worth ending her plans. She might not even know what love even is or how to process that emotion. I've had my thoughts about that when they finally said she was abandoned by her parents. Now that she's truly alone again I get the sense she'd appreciate whatever human contact she gets now. She's mostly just alone with her thoughts of abandonment and has nobody to share anything with.

The Avatar series and Jackie Chan Adventures are my main inspirations for my newest novel which is about a world where humans are born with a power specific to their zodiac sign and recently the guardian of a kidnap victim revealed to major media outlets that her still missing daughter carries the Ophiuchus gene. The Ophiuchus gene allows a person to use the powers of all twelve zodiacs and it was believed to have gone extinct a millennium ago. Her reveal has been the catalyst for conspiracy theories and protests throughout the world.

Adriane23

Neo Member
Binge watched all of season 4 last night. That last episode was pretty weak in my opinion. I don't understand how Kuvira just learns the "folly of her ways" after losing the final fight. She went so far to realize her ideals throughout the season, that her sudden change of heart comes off as rushed, especially when you compare her to Zaheer. You really got the sense that he wasn't sorry at all, and would probably do it all over again if given the chance because he believed in his cause that much.

Then the final scene....That had to have been the weakest bit of writing I've seen in quite a while. Maybe the writers wanted to do more with Asami and Korra's relationship throughout the series, but couldn't due to the target audience (or politics within Nickelodeon), but how they shoehorned that romance in was pretty awful. It came off as a teenage boy's wet dream rather than a natural progression of the two characters.

All in all, I loved the season as a whole, but I wish they gave more closure to Bolin, Mako, and all the other secondary characters. I'll be going through Avatar withdrawal for the next month or so.

Daemul

Just the fact that Mako pledged his eternal loyalty to her right before Korrasami happened was hilarious. L is the only letter in Mako's alphabet soup. Korra was like "Fuck yo couch Mako."

I've seen many Mako fans complaining that Makorra was essentially used as bait in order to set up Korrasami, making Mako look like a sucker and a fool in the process, and I agree, Mako didn't come out of the ending very well at all.

On the one hand it was karmic justice for the shit he pulled in the first two books, on the other, it felt unnecessarily harsh. I don't know, I may be starting to feel bad about making fun of Mako.......

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if. Muthafucker had it coming. He cheated on Asami, so fuck 'em.

I've seen many Mako fans complaining that Makorra was essentially used as bait in order to set up Korrasami, making Mako look like a sucker and a fool in the process, and I agree, Mako didn't come out of the ending very well at all.

On the one hand it was karmic justice for the shit he pulled in the first two books, on the other, it felt unnecessarily harsh. I don't know, I may be starting to feel bad about making fun of Mako.......

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if. Muthafucker had it coming. He cheated on Asami, so fuck 'em.
He cheated on her...like twice. Just the fact that they didn't set his house on fire is surprising. Only to set up Korrasami instead is just a massive kick in the crotch, granted one he needed, but he still kept sticking his neck out for them. To be honest, yeah he probably should've just left them alone in season 3 and they contrive a reason for him to go with them. Though the first ep of Season 4 it seemed like he cleared the air with Asami pretty well, but when Korra shows up again it does seem like he harbored something still for her. Mako really should've just moved on from Korra because he was only going to keep getting hurt by dealing with her. He should just waste a pay check on some Republic City hookers and just move on.

SDBurton

Don't feel bad for Mako at all. The one couple that I was sad to see sputter out was Bolin x Eska. What could've been... :(

Don't feel bad for Mako at all. The one couple that I was sad to see sputter out was Bolin x Eska. What could've been... :(

That relationship was mutually toxic. Eska treated Bolin like garbage and he allowed it so that he could feel needed. When he left, she went in to a rage and he was terrified for his life.

Yeah, what a beautiful fucking thing.

He cheated on her...like twice. Just the fact that they didn't set his house on fire is surprising. Only to set up Korrasami instead is just a massive kick in the crotch, granted one he needed, but he still kept sticking his neck out for them. To be honest, yeah he probably should've just left them alone in season 3 and they contrive a reason for him to go with them. Though the first ep of Season 4 it seemed like he cleared the air with Asami pretty well, but when Korra shows up again it does seem like he harbored something still for her. Mako really should've just moved on from Korra because he was only going to keep getting hurt by dealing with her. He should just waste a pay check on some Republic City hookers and just move on.

I was half-hoping he would've snagged Opal, for the Lulz.

Daemul

He at least acknowledged during the Remembrances episodes that he and Korra were over, though at the end, he still obviously harboured some feelings for her, only to get them crushed by the OTP known as Korrasami.

It was glorious to behold.

SDBurton

That relationship was mutually toxic. Eska treated Bolin like garbage and he allowed it so that he could feel needed. When he left, she went in to a rage and he was terrified for his life.

Yeah, what a beautiful fucking thing.

She liked to play rough, seemed like Bolin was into it by the end of that arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom