• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Hypothetical question. If the Avatar series ever continued, what would you guys want from it?

I'm personally not at all a fan of prequels, so a continuation of Korra or a new series with the next Avatar after her would be my choice. With a next Avatar though, we would run into the problem(good or bad depending on ones view) of more advanced technology, and with many people already crying about how technology in Korra's world is too advanced, their cries will be louder once they see an Earthbender Avatar living in the equivalent of modern day Tokyo with smartphones and shit.

I personally wouldn't mind it, since I think it would be hilarious and the writers and animators could go wild with some shit, but I can see where people are coming from with the "technology advancing too much" complaint.

This would only leave us with the option of sticking with Korra or going back into the past though, which like I said earlier, I am really not a fan of. I would choose an Earthbending avatar living in modern day Tokyo over any sort prequel. Seriously, fuck prequels.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

HAppy new year!

It's been 2015 for 2.5 hours where I am :p

Maybe a firebending avatar in any timeline just because I really want to see more of the Fire Nation. Honestly though i'd be down for any new avatar series as I love this universe so much and don't want to see it die on TV.

Also Happy New Year Korragaf
It's been 2015 for 14 hours now where I am heh.

I challenge Bryke to come up with an Avatar series where the main antagonist is the Avatar him/herself.
That would be neat.
That poor avatar in about 10,000 years is going to have quite the unpleasant experience when Vaatu comes back in full force.

Afrocious

It's called Korra season 2.

ljzFmZb.gif

Lethe82

Banned
You know, if Korra is powerful enough to affect the entirety of the spirit world just with her mood, then isn't she strong enough to take on Unalaq when she was there? Sure, he could bend, but shouldn't she have been able to influence the other spirits?

Spirit World is super wonky, guys.
Maybe she is more powerful now.

At first I was like

ljzFmZb.gif

But if you're talking about Unalaq (which could've been cool), I'm talking about the one of the next Avatars after Korra being an actual antagonist that a group of protagonists must stop.
Season 2 Korra challenged the audience to like her...she failed, but don't worry I knew exactly what you meant.

Mononoke

Banned
Season 2 Korra challenged the audience to like her...she failed, but don't worry I knew exactly what you meant.

Bryke's logic was: let's make Korra so insufferable and unlikable, that our lazy writing will be looked over, and her redemption will seem that much bigger. ITS ALL ABOUT CONTRAST.

Afrocious

Basically, an Avatar strives to seek balance by doing something everyone doesn't agree with. IDK, maybe come up with a religion where everyone worships her or leads her own country and makes it into a militarized superpower to keep the world in balance to stop folks like Kuvira from ever popping up ever again.

Basically a group of heroes gotta stop her and bring balance to the world when the Avatar is failing to do so herself under the idea she thinks she is.

174703-header.jpg

Hamlet

Happy New Years Hamlet. I got all your messages. You are a really good friend. I hope you have a wonderful 2015. :D
You to Azula. Hope you have a blast with your Japan trip.

I heard that production for Book 2 was hell.

It shows.

Haha yep in the commentaries they always joke about how it was the worst experience of their lives and referring to it as torture or trauma. Bet they'll have something similar to say in the Book 4 commentaries with how the budget was cut by Nick.

It doesn't even require too much effort given the lore in Korra.

We know that Raava was reborn within Vaatu. Therefore the opposite must be true. Light cannot exist without dark and vice versa.

So the premise is this: eventually the avatar is accompanied by both Raava and Vaatu as the latter is slowly reborn within. This can be seen in physical manifestation with either red or white eyed avatar state. Maybe they have different properties when active.

One thing may be that it would take 10000 years for Vaatu to grow large enough to have that influence on the avatar. And that would be a crazy futuristic world. That's okay though. We can get around that by saying Korra blocking the spirit guns Vaatu laser accelerated his rebirth and growth.

OK so a few Avatars down, or maybe even the very next has both spirits influencing them.

They see all the war and strife that humankind grapple with, so they basically become a tyrannical dictator, like Superman from injustice. This avatar takes over all the nations and rules with an iron grip.

The story follows a group of ragtag benders on their quest to stop this avatar. On their way their team expands to say, 5 characters, and they all have their own development.

You can have instances where the characters meet the avatar along the way to witness the tyranny. Maybe a few tragic deaths or something as motivation.

The pieces are all there.

Daemul

It doesn't even require too much effort given the lore in Korra.

We know that Raava was reborn within Vaatu. Therefore the opposite must be true. Light cannot exist without dark and vice versa.

So the premise is this: eventually the avatar is accompanied by both Raava and Vaatu as the latter is slowly reborn within. This can be seen in physical manifestation with either red or white eyed avatar state. Maybe they have different properties when active.

One thing may be that it would take 10000 years for Vaatu to grow large enough to have that influence on the avatar. And that would be a crazy futuristic world. That's okay though. We can get around that by saying Korra blocking the spirit guns Vaatu laser accelerated his rebirth and growth.

OK so a few Avatars down, or maybe even the very next has both spirits influencing them.

They see all the war and strife that humankind grapple with, so they basically become a tyrannical dictator, like Superman from injustice. This avatar takes over all the nations and rules with an iron grip.

The story follows a group of ragtag benders on their quest to stop this avatar. On their way their team expands to say, 5 characters, and they all have their own development.

You can have instances where the characters meet the avatar along the way to witness the tyranny. Maybe a few tragic deaths or something as motivation.

The pieces are all there.

I'd be down with this.

360pages

I mean if we are going to do this, we probably need characters, backstories and junk. I guess we could either all make one of each of the characters. Or we can all make the whole team and we vote for the individual members of each one.

With all that said, I really don't want to head the project. But I'll happily do light editing...

Magwik

Banned
I mean if we are going to do this, we probably need characters, backstories and junk. I guess we could either all make one of each of the characters. Or we can all make the whole team and we vote for the individual members of each one.

With all that said, I really don't want to head the project. But I'll happily do light editing...

If anything did come from having everyone take place in an extensive poll is a good start.

360pages

If anything did come from having everyone take place in an extensive poll is a good start.

Yeah, each make a group and we vote for each member out of each group.

A vote for the Airbender.

A vote for the Firebender

A vote for the Waterbender

A vote for the Earthbender

And a vote for the Non-bender.

We can have each person participating describe their characters looks and their backstory.

From he winners we have the team!

Toa TAK

Banned
It's not about her being pregnant. It's about her child in a later series just for you
Uuuuuuggggghhhhhhh

Honestly I'm pretty divided. On one hand, it would be awesome to have her descendant.

But on the other Kuvira gets KNOCKED UP.
You and your giant Kaiju battles. Show might as well have a cross over with the Pacific Rim cartoon when that starts ha.
Hey, we've gotten giant robots...

Magwik

Banned
I second this. It's a win-win for me.

Will there be a giant KAIJU battle?!
When you actually think about it though, a writer being the antagonist of his own story could be an interesting concept if done correctly.
Uuuuuuggggghhhhhhh

Honestly I'm pretty divided. On one hand, it would be awesome to have her descendant.

But on the other Kuvira gets KNOCKED UP.

"NOT MY WAIFU"

360pages

Do you guys really want to do this? I mean, shit, if we do I don't even know where to start. Writing alone is one thing, but writing with group is completely different. Even though I think most of us here have written something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom