• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

I agree completely.

I should plug up my Wii U and get back to going through Earthbound.

I think what makes the Mother series so good at telling its story compared to RPG's is that it actually uses its gameplay to tell the story rather than just having it there to drive the action from scene to scene.

I said earlier I wanted an animated Mother series, but even I realize that wouldn't work. Earthbounds and the Mother series can only be games. The Medium is too attached to the story to tell it in any other way. Something most Video games stories fail at.

Daemul

Also fuck head canons. I have my own but they're all involving Korra and Asami.

Let me help you with that..

happy_new_year__by_chubbycat_nya-d8c1d85.png

Afrocious

I think what makes the Mother series so good at telling its story compared to RPG's is that it actually uses its gameplay to tell the story rather than just having it there to drive the action from scene to scene.

I said earlier I wanted an animated Mother series, but even I realize that wouldn't work. Earthbounds and the Mother series can only be games. The Medium is too attached to the story to tell it in any other way. Something most Video games stories fail at.

Yeah. Most of the best parts of Earthbound come from interacting with the world itself, like going through that infinite desert when there's nothing to be found there.

Let me help you with that..

Thank you.

360pages

Yeah. Most of the best parts of Earthbound come from interacting with the world itself, like going through that infinite desert when there's nothing to be found there.

Thank you.

I do wonder what it would take to write something like Earthbound.

It's also weird, when I write Fanficiton, I write as such, and when I write my original stuff I write as books.

This doesn't mean my Fanficton is worse than my original stuff. (The only difference is I actually take the time to edit my original stuff) But rather, I think the stories are more aware somewhat and uses that to effective to tell the story.

Afrocious

Alright.

So I will need some fanart made of Korra and Asami inside the TTGL in that final attack. Korra will be Simon and Asami will be Nia. Rainbow spiral lights and powers and all.

I need this.

Hell, I'll even take Korra wearing the glasses.

Daemul

We mustn't forget Korra's amazing hair this past season, sponsored by L'oreal Paris.

tumblr_nfrh3ptHp71tiacmjo1_500.gif

No, seriously, what kind of conditioner does she use to keep her hair so sleek? She must be using some of Asami's shit because this is unreal.

We mustn't forget Korra's amazing hair this past season, sponsored by L'oreal Paris.

No, seriously, what kind of conditioner does she use to keep her hair so sleek? She must be using some of Asami's shit because this is unreal.
Whatever the fuck they use Zaheer got it in that prison as well.
tumblr_nfvylzAP8r1qix1c2o1_500.png

Zaheer.jpg

Hamlet

Just one of the many benefits of being an Avatar.

tumblr_nfrqm5vxzi1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I know right? She looks amazing with short hair.

Hamlet

Nearly every good western animation gets cancelled these days it seems.

Yeah not the best couple of years for western action animation. I'm still annoyed after all this time at how Disney screwed around with the show.
So many timelsot changes and the long hiatus certainly didn't help. Being moved to a midnight timeslot was the final deathblow for the show :(

Toa TAK

Banned

Seriously amazing hair this season. You'd think it would've been better long, but nope.
I think Toa will like this one.
tumblr_nhco6rl4Sv1r3q0kwo1_500.png

tumblr_nhco6rl4Sv1r3q0kwo2_500.png

This is the truth.

Daemul

Hypothetical question. If the Avatar series ever continued, what would you guys want from it?

I'm personally not at all a fan of prequels, so a continuation of Korra or a new series with the next Avatar after her would be my choice. With a next Avatar though, we would run into the problem(good or bad depending on ones view) of more advanced technology, and with many people already crying about how technology in Korra's world is too advanced, their cries will be louder once they see an Earthbender Avatar living in the equivalent of modern day Tokyo with smartphones and shit.

I personally wouldn't mind it, since I think it would be hilarious and the writers and animators could go wild with some shit, but I can see where people are coming from with the "technology advancing too much" complaint.

This would only leave us with the option of sticking with Korra or going back into the past though, which like I said earlier, I am really not a fan of. I would choose an Earthbending avatar living in modern day Tokyo over any sort prequel. Seriously, fuck prequels.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

happy new years korragaf

HAppy new year!

It's been 2015 for 2.5 hours where I am :p

360pages

Hypothetical question. If the Avatar series ever continued, what would you guys want from it?

I'm personally not at all a fan of prequels, so a continuation of Korra or a new series with the next Avatar after her would be my choice. With a next Avatar though, we would run into the problem(good or bad depending on ones view) of more advanced technology, and with many people already crying about how technology in Korra's world is too advanced, their cries will be louder once they see an Earthbender Avatar living in the equivalent of modern day Tokyo with smartphones and shit.

I personally wouldn't mind it, since I think it would be hilarious and the writers and animators could go wild with some shit, but I can see where people are coming from with the "technology advancing too much" complaint.

This would only leave us with the option of sticking with Korra or going back into the past though, which like I said earlier, I am really not a fan of. I would choose an Earthbending avatar living in modern day Tokyo over any sort prequel.

HAppy new year!

I want a series that doesn't follow a Avatar, maybe a group of bending pirates or a Gang of benders.

Something less epic and more just fun adventures.

This would only leave us with the option of sticking with Korra or going back into the past though, which like I said earlier, I am really not a fan of. I would choose an Earthbending avatar living in modern day Tokyo over any sort prequel.

HAppy new year!

There's only one earthbending avatar I want to see...

Mononoke

Banned
Azula...why?

Legit though I think I'm better at coming up with worlds and characters than writing them out sometime. I wouldn't mind seeing how a story where I come up with the structure and someone else writes it would work.

Was just joking, because someone said you can make 10 grand a month selling erotic novels on Amazon. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom