• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Motherfucker

I am out. See you guys next week.
I'm not getting my Switch till Tuesday :(

Guess I gotta bail on this thread too and spend the next few days just by myself and on no social media of any kind.

Good luck with the rest of the wait everyone.

phanphare

Banned
welp

giphy.gif

VanWinkle

So if I want to view a somewhat-short (<10 minutes) video that really gets down to the core of the game and the cool stuff you can do, what preview video would be best? I want to show my brother but I know he will be bored or reluctant to watch if I show him something long.

LotusHD

Banned
So if I want to view a somewhat-short (<10 minutes) video that really gets down to the core of the game and the cool stuff you can do, what preview video would be best? I want to show my brother but I know he will be bored or reluctant to watch if I show him something long.

I liked that extreme sports one, that was neat. The one with horse strafing is also dope.

phanphare

Banned

I thought this one good just to give off the vibes of the game. lots of horse stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYO47HUW8L8

and this one for hilarity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtNvDfjEbQw

so with the soundtrack out there just thought id confirm something i have hated about from the main theme that everybody quickly defended saying it was just cut that way for the trailer,

spoiler i guess for the main theme music
that horrible cut about 30 secs into the song is still there in the final theme, or atleast in the track staff roll 2

well apparently the track i heard before is not the actual main theme track, because i just heard that and not only does it not have that rough cut but transitions beautifully, i was wrong to doubt you Nintendo

Tidalwave

Any impressions of the wolf link amiibo at all? I remember seeing something like
your progress in twilight princess determined his health?
Is that true?

Any impressions of the wolf link amiibo at all? I remember seeing something like
Is that true?

Thats not a spoiler, that was part of the E3 demonstration. Yes it's based on TPHD's health. You get to save that health during Cave of Trials.

LotusHD

Banned
Is that true?

You need Twilight Princess HD. The more sections or w/e of the Cave of Trials you complete, the more health he gets.

VanWinkle

Maxinas

You need Twilight Princess HD. The more sections or w/e of the Cave of Trials you complete, the more health he gets.

I remember hearing once that you'd have to recharge wolf links health by going through the cave of trails again, hoping that's not true, because fuck if i'm doing that shit again.

Tidalwave

I remember hearing once that you'd have to recharge wolf links health by going through the cave of trails again, hoping that's not true, because fuck if i'm doing that shit again.

Yeah I'm going through on hero mode so that better not be the case. What about other potential animal partners?

I haven't heard anything about redoing trials to get the health back, just that once Wolf Link gets doen in, he can't be used again until the next day.

Kindekuma

Banned
I don't think even the best shields in the game are invincible like it was in Skyward Sword.

Damn shame because I don't know if there is more than 1
Hylian Shield

Xemnas89

Get home from work and see the spoiler thread has gotten too out of control. Luckily I've only seen a couple early game things. Will be avoiding till I finish the game.

Top Bottom