• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Dungeons are replaced by optional shrines, which you need to clear four of for every heart container or stamina update you want. Most are clever, short puzzels. Some are combat oriented, but usually only a few enemies.

Nah not true

EDIT: Late

13ruce

Banned
I reallllllly hope an ego measuring contest doesn't ensue between Horizon and Zelda. Can't we enjoy two fantastic games? Jesus.

Nope sadly not Horizon fans will come with the Zelda lol automatic high metacritic and Zelda fans will say told ya so lul.

This will ruin the whole Zelda review thread and maybe even both OT's.

Personally i am getting both Horizon and Mass Effect a bit later to not burn out on open world.

You climb to the top and activate them. That reveals the topography of the area that you're currently in. No icons or anything though. And then from there, they expect you to look around at the surrounding landscape for interesting things and go find them. This is aided by leaving beacons around the world while you're scouting from the top of the tower

Y E S.

This is what I want. My big problem with towers is that they take away from exploring. This seems like a smart spin on ubisoft icon bloat because exploration still matters and you mark the landmarks on your own.

mario_O

Then I am wrong. Still have to encounter my first dungeon after playing 10 hours. But I have a feeling that if there are some, the next point in the main quest might feature them.

I read here that the first dungeon is 25 hours in, at least it was for some guy. Crazy.

Ultime

Banned
I have managed to stay clear from previews and spoilers for this game, seeing as I was not going to get my game until the 6th. Thankfully I was able to update my order.

Is looking really, really, good. Too bad I don't really "play" videogames anymore. I will be finishing this by the time Nintendo announces the sequel/new entry!

Air

Banned
I really wish people uploading videos would be more conscious of the embargo. I've been spoiled a ton today and it's getting annoying

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I read here that the first dungeon is 25 hours in, at least it was for some guy. Crazy.

It was Dan from Giantbomb but he also said he didn't even try to go for the dungeon until then. He went around and explored instead and did shrines but he said he could have gone earlier.

No, Dan said on the Beastcast that he didn't get to the first dungeon until 25 hours in because he was busy exploring and doing side stuff. You can go to the dungeon way quicker if you'd like.

Coffinhal

Nope sadly not Horizon fans will come with the Zelda lol automatic high metacritic and Zelda fans will say told ya so lul.

Metascores/scores should have their own thread and not be discussed in any other place. Matter of public health and safety, measuring dicks with biased numbers is boring.

Gif please.. anyone? Im at work -_-

NxRRpm.gif

Caelus

Okay, okay, WAYYYY too much footage in this game. They must not have read the embargo haha

Yeah... as much as I love to absorb as much of this game as I can, even I was spoiled by watching the rest of the vid I just posted. :p

Interestingly, when in Pro HUD mode the Shiekah Slate elements are context-sensitive.

martino

You already know this isn't possible

i go d1 thoses 2 games and quickly after mass effect....
I really don't know which one of the tree will win me over and i will play the more first.
(this is also why i go day one on the three, i really can't decide with review, videos etc... this time)

jariw

Then I am wrong. Still have to encounter my first dungeon after playing 10 hours. But I have a feeling that if there are some, the next point in the main quest might feature them.

I actually think you see of the 2 dungeons in the far directly from the plateau.
Zeltik showed them in the tryout demo.

Yeah... as much as I love to absorb as much of this game as I can, even I was spoiled by watching the rest of the vid I just posted. :p

Interestingly, when in Pro HUD mode the Shiekah Slate elements are context-sensitive.
Not related to Pro, but to an event in story mode, totally under embargo!

SoCoRoBo

Hot tip: Anybody who makes a proclamation that this is better than OoT or 'will be talked about for decades to come' probably isn't appraising the game particularly well.

Hindl

i go d1 thoses 2 games and quickly after mass effect....
I really don't know which one of the tree will win me over and i will play the more first.
(this is also why i go day one on the three, i really can't decide with review, videos etc... this time)

I've had to put off Horizon because I'm still working thru Yakuza 0 and I have Nioh still shrink-wrapped. But once Zelda comes out I'm dropping both of those. Then Persona soon after. These first few months of 2017 are just impossible

Hot tip: Anybody who makes a proclamation that this is better than OoT or 'will be talked about for decades to come' probably isn't appraising the game particularly well.

A lot of people bringing up OoT are saying this is the first game since OoT that has given them that same sense of awe and wonder in the scale and magnitude of the world. In that case, since it's a reviewer's personal feelings, I think that's perfectly fair to say. And many of them have specifically said that they haven't seen nearly enough of the game to make the judgement call between it and OoT, just that it evokes the same feelings that OoT originally did

You already know this isn't possible

Personally i am getting both Horizon and Mass Effect a bit later to not burn out on open world.

This is the internet, of course we can't.

dammit brehs.

9AcB5ns.gif

Surprised that NPCs have schedules! After seeing the village footage though, I'm not sure if that will really make them "surpass Majora's Mask", I mean Xenoblade NPCs have schedules too but that mostly matters on when and where you can find them to accept their fetch quest. Hopefully the impressions are right that the game really have more scenarized elements that meet the eye, because most of the videos so far are very much similar to the aimless wandering that was the E3 build.

ckaneo

Alright two things I already know I don't like.

korok seed puzzles. It gives you constant things to do in the overworld, but my god.
? Fuck 100% lol

Also the enemy camps are way to convienent for Link. Its like the enemies are saying "Look at these random exploding barrel's for no reason I got here"

Caelus

Be spoiler sensitive, there's some dude who broke embargo and revealed one of the easter egg costumes in the game on YouTube
(It's the Hero of Time's costume)

Top Bottom