• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Dystify

Online reviews will drop March 2nd at 3 AM PT/6 AM ET/11 AM GMT. I will post the review thread 10 minutes before that. (Graphics are a work in progress)

HOMsCMM.gif

LotusHD

Banned
Online reviews will drop March 2nd at 3 AM PT/6 AM ET/11 AM GMT. I will post the review thread 10 minutes before that. (Graphics are a work in progress)

HOMsCMM.gif

Everyone bout to sleep in early next week lol

EDIT: Are you making the OT thread? Your work is so good lol

Plum

HOMsCMM.gif

Gonna be one of the greatest review threads of our time. Great gif, looks like we're in good hands.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

HOMsCMM.gif

is... this an actual screenshot? My god.

jdstorm

Banned
I honestly have no clue how they can top this but I'd sure as hell like to see them try and succeed.

There will probably be a new ittertion of the switch before the next Zelda after BotW releases. Increasing the CPU power to blend in more systems would probably still continue to wow people

Caelus

‏@jasonschreier

"There have been a lot of great games over the past two years, but Zelda: Breath of the Wild is something special."

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/835577902381006849

jesus...

"Frame rate drops are not frequent enough to make a huge difference"

Cool.

There will probably be a new ittertion of the switch before the next Zelda after BotW releases. Increasing the CPU power to blend in more systems would probably still continue to wow people

Ultimately BotW was developed with the Wii U in mind, a Zelda game that takes full advantage of what the Switch actually has to offer would still be able to do that. I'm hoping for an MM like sequel, but from what I've read, this game is already very similar to MM in some regards, so I have no idea what I want now...

There's a sidequest spoiler in the spoiler thread, but holy shit, Sidequests are likely going to be amazing. The NPCs are so full of personality that it makes most games in the genre laughable. Maybe only Witcher 3 compares.

Spinluck

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/will-the-lege...wilds-release-affect-horizon-zero-dawns-sales

The problem here is that people forget how good Zelda games are and give other game 9s when they don't compare.

This is exactly why numeric scoring systems for games comes off as arbitrary most of the time.

There was a time a 8/10 was EXTREMELY good (before internet arm chair critic age)

Now to some enthusiast, 8/10 means "not a GOTY candidate." A game gets a high rating, then a few months later come the threads that question if the game is really "that good." Happens like every time.

I think the gaming press should really search deep amongst themselves to find what being critical of something really means. Not to harp on them, but if they are going to use number ratings it needs to be done.

Caelus

You forgot having to realistically catch your Boomerang after it is thrown ;)

lol yeah, the fact that they revealed the Boomerang and its mechanics literally yesterday just shows how much of the game they're deliberately not showing. A lot different from Skyward Sword's pre-release coverage.

I'm just so happy that zelda feels like an event not just because of a new release, but the sheer excitement of everyone playing it. Knowing that we have a new zelda and mario that looks just like what everyone dreamt of these series.

lol yeah, the fact that they revealed the Boomerang and its mechanics literally yesterday just shows how much of the game they're deliberately not showing. A lot different from Skyward Sword's pre-release coverage.

I'd wager that there is a metric ton of content that we don't know about yet :)

Caelus

Someone please confirm whether this heavenly music is from BoTW or somewhere else. From what I heard this might top SS for best soundtrack, and SS has a REALLY good OST.

I'm certain it is, it could be a village theme. The music in this Gamespot video is also awesome.

I'm so happy that this is the composer for Spirit Tracks (supposedly), that game has an amazing OST.

I'd wager that there is a metric ton of content that we don't know about yet :)

Knowing now that the leaked assets are definitely true... people's minds are going to explode when they play this. I fear for people's health, especially Zelda fans.

Knowing that we have a new zelda and mario that looks just like what everyone dreamt of these series.

It's beautiful, yeah. Mario Odyssey is the most I've been excited for a new Mario game in a long time.

I just wish Nintendo kinda did similar things with franchises like Metroid, Paper Mario, and such. Go back and make the games people want.

Man, it's been a rough couple of years personally for me in relation to Nintendo games, but they are proving why they are still one of if not the greatest game developer on the planet. If Odyssey lives up to its potential this could be one of the greatest years ever in gaming.(Ni Oh, Horizon, RE7, Persona, Zelda, Mario, Red Dead just to name a few)

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I don't know why some people are in disbelief that this could be a game that rivals OoT and Mario Galaxy. It's been 10 years since Mario Galaxy, Nintendo was bound to make another classic eventually.

gardfish

What are you guys doing while waiting for BOTW? I'm playing Ratchet and Clank, gonna watch Logan Thursday and have to finish a research paper for school. Gonna keep me busy! I asked for Friday off at work, so I'll play the living shit out of the game.

I just finished replaying Skyward Sword last night, not sure what to do now. Was planning to pace myself to make it last until the 3rd, but that didn't work out.

Fujibayashi in the Edge interview telling how he took some inspiration from Terraria and Minecraft in terms exploration and sense of adventure and how that inspires curiosity in the player.

It's beautiful, yeah. Mario Odyssey is the most I've been excited for a new Mario game in a long time.

I just wish Nintendo kinda did similar things with franchises like Metroid, Paper Mario, and such. Go back and make the games people want.

I really hope that these two games pay off so much that nintendo does a hard look at some of the franchises that people are unhappy with, maybe they are even already doing that if miyamoto's comment in the Q&A of the investor meeting about this game emboldening the other teams to create more unique games.

ckaneo

Is there video of anyone actually riding something other than a horse? It appears as though the other animals will buck you off nomatter what.

Top Bottom