• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDGE 10
Famitsu 40/40
Gamepro 94/100
Gamespot 10
Jeuxvideo 20/20
IGN 10/10
Eurogamer Essential
Vooks 5/5
Giantbomb 5/5
PressStart 10/10
Easy Allies 4.5/5
Jeuxvideo-live 18/20
GoG 10/10
Gamesradar 5/5
Polygon 10/10
Gamecentral 10/10
GamersGlobal.de: 9.5/10
Multiplayer.it 9.7/10
Destructoid 10/10
rpgsite 10/10
NintendoLife 10/10
Gamereactor Spain 10/10
USGamer 5/5
Kotaku "Best Zelda ever" aka 10/10
Seems like a decent game

GAF, if I want to play the Switch version, I'll have to wait until April when I get back from Japan.

Or....

Download the Wii U version on my Wii U which I brought to Japan. What to do?!?!?

JoseDFrog

Banned
Opencritic down to 98 :/. Why can't we get a perfect Zelda? This blows I'm canceling my preorder.
why are there so many good games out right now!?

Very happy that it's reviewing so well but I'm surprised that nobody seems to be complaining about the combat. I'm really not feeling it so far. Maybe it gets better.

EDGE 10
Famitsu 40/40
Gamepro 94/100
Gamespot 10
Jeuxvideo 20/20
IGN 10/10
Eurogamer Essential
Vooks 5/5
Giantbomb 5/5
PressStart 10/10
Easy Allies 4.5/5
Jeuxvideo-live 18/20
GoG 10/10
Gamesradar 5/5
Polygon 10/10
Gamecentral 10/10
GamersGlobal.de: 9.5/10
Multiplayer.it 9.7/10
Destructoid 10/10
rpgsite 10/10
NintendoLife 10/10
Gamereactor Spain 10/10
USGamer 5/5
Kotaku "Best Zelda ever" aka 10/10

Talent ALWAYS wins!

mariah-champs.gif

So nintendo goes from 2D to 3D with Ocarina and creates a masterpiece. Then nintendo ditches most zelda traditions and goes open world with BoT and apparently does it again. So hype for tomorrow.

how is the voice acting

it seemed like one of the only rough spots in the trailers. is it still as hammy and cheap sounding? :/

Solid to absolutely dire.

So the game's pretty good then or what?

Damned good.

What is the weakest feature in the game? things that makes you think that Nintendo could have done slightly better on.

Voice acting? Graphics are also a bit rough, due to the limitations of the Switch. Most who are going to play won't care though.

Am i forced to slaughter cute animals for meat? this is important

Not forced, but you probably will. I fucked up some deer.

vaderise

There are like a shitload of reviews saying that this is easily the best Zelda game.
I think there we have it guys, the true good Zelda of our age.

MikeBison

Skipped through a video until I heard the words "get you ready (puzzle rooms) for the daunting and excellent dungeons" and NOPED out. Hype through the roof!

Never witnessed anything like this before. Can't wait to play it. I'm staying away from all the review videos, though I want to watch them all badly.

SomTervo

As much as they have also produced something incredible and received a lot of recognition and success for it, I feel goddamn bad for Guerrilla Games and the Horizon guys right now.

Like, Horizon Zero Dawn is a fucking amazing game.

But Zelda is stealing that thunder. Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom